Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Re: Staff Introduction

Post by Aoiblue »

Lol, I guess I should do this too.

Name: Aoiblue
Job: QC

About me: Hmm, well Right now, I'm finishing up High School (1 more year!). I grew up in Japan (7 years total) and lived in South Korea for 2. So I kinda got the full effect of watching Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Found this place like in '05/'06 after wondering who was subbing magiranger. And then 2-3 years later I'm on the staff XD.
Yea, I plan on teaching in Japan. REALLY want to go back. It's kinda like a dream for me to go back.

Oh, and I LOVE Haga Yuria :3
Last edited by Aoiblue on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Name: SacredCultivator
Job: QC and HD Encoder
About me: I was forced into the group by my senpai, zeldAIS. No, just kidding, was invited and thought I'd help out the group that I support. So here I am... STudying in Film/TV Production, although till unsure as to what field within that I'm going into... So just finishing up school to get my BA and then shall think of what to do from then. Apart from Fansubbing, I do... ehhh scratch that, that's all I do. Huge fan of H!P as one can tell from my various Avatars (Not to mistaken that I'm a girl because of that as some of the TV-N staff have thought)
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

SacredCultivator wrote:Name: SacredCultivator

...Huge fan of H!P as one can tell from my various Avatars (You would not be mistaken to assume that I'm a girl because of that as some of the TV-N staff have thought, since I am a girl)
Fixed.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Aoiblue wrote: Name: Aoiblue
You're not a man, you're a boy!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Name: Silentwolfdog
Job: trainee typesetter and visual QC
About me: Deaf
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh yeah, I'm staff...

Name: Lunagel
Job: QC and translation checker
About me: Well, my whole foray into the magical rainbow land of anime and manga started with a Pepsi-fueled incredibly late night viewing of Sailor Moon about 8 or 9 years ago. I was unfortunately still under the presumption that all toku was exactly like power rangers until a combination of circumstances had me watching PGSM about 3-ish years ago. And then Magiranger. And then that was it, I was hooked. I'm currently working on my degree in Japanese and beginning this September I will be studying abroad in Japan for a year. It's a source of amusement to me that the same programs I would secretly watch with the volume muted so my mother wouldn't notice (MMPR came on right after Sesame Street) I am now watching again fifteen years later.

Right now my main TV-N project is the translation checking of Faiz, which is an endless source of headdesking for me. I hope everyone enjoys the finished product.
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Name: Nexus_Schwarz
Job: Editor and QC
About me: I got into anime through Sailor Moon and into toku with Kabuto like everyone else. I joined T-N for Axess, but I'm staying for Precure of all things. XD;

Nice to meet everyone!
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

Draiken Talkos / Male / Timer and QC

Currently working on my first timing project for TVN which has taken me a few months to complete now in the midst of QCing various series as they come. With this and college, I'm not given much time to watch as much tokusatsu as I would prefer, but I do what I can.

Hi!

-Draiken Talkos
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

Guess it's my turn now...

Name: zheyao
Real Name: apparently, it's supposed to be zhiyao, not zheyao, lol
About me: Ni hao. Let's see... I was born and raised in California. Already graduated from college, and I'm currently taking more courses to further my education. First discovered tokusatsu in 2007 (with KR Kabuto being my first series), and I eventually found TV-Nihon and the many shows in its repertoire. Just recently became a QC, so now I'm working on various series.
Spacewolf
<3 fur
Favorite series: Garo

Post by Spacewolf »

Name: Spacewolf (Camaro)
Species: Wolf
Job: website/server/finance
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Well, this is kind of a late post considering the previous update, but I figured I might as well introduce myself here.

Name: ReversedSentai (Take calls me Reversed, and you can also call me RS)

Job on TV-Nihon: Let's see, I started out as a DDL Moderator in March; after submitting many links over the months that I've been a registered user online, I felt it was a good idea to help out as a DDL staff by moving links to the proper sections. I then became a QCer for the team by checking over scripts and making suggestions to improve the subbed dialogue of episodes of Fourze, Go-Busters, and AkibaRangers. I'm also a Forum Moderator, which means I check the forums around everyday to make sure people aren't posting in wrong sections, as well as making sure people aren't posting spoilers in episodes. I've recently learned and experienced timing.

Some facts about me: I'm not going to reveal much about my personal life, but I am a Chinese-American. No, I'm not an immigrant from China, although Chinese was my first language (although I'm much fluent in English currently). I've been taking Spanish for 4 years in school and I hope to learn more and possibly become fluent in Spanish. Lastly, I also know a good amount of Japanese; I've been listening to Japanese since 2007 and learned a lot within the five year range. I'm also taking Japanese classes to expand my knowledge because I'm not fluent at it yet. I do know all the hiragana, katakana, and a few kanji, as well as listening and speaking.

Tokusatsu Experiences: My first Tokusatsu show was DekaRanger. Loved it to the point I couldn't go without a day without rewatching some episodes. If there's ever a series I wished I could've worked on, it would be DekaRanger. Looking back on some early episodes, the font style, some spelling, and the karaoke was really different than the level of work TV-Nihon does today. I've watched every other Sentai series of the 21st century, but DekaRanger is my favorite. I've also watched all the Heisei Kamen Rider series, so I do have some favorites in Kamen Rider here and there.

Other Favorite TV-Nihon Shows: Besides DekaRanger, I loved MagiRanger. It was the third Sentai series I've watched, and I loved it almost as much as DekaRanger. GekiRanger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, and Gokaiger were also some personal favorites of mine. My favorite Kamen Rider series are probably Kiva, W, Decade, and probably Den-O.
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Favorite series: Sailor Moon
2nd Favorite Series: Mahou Sentai Magiran
My boom: Shin Megami Tensei
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Post by Yoshimoon »

Name: Yoshimoon.
Real name: Y-something something. Some people call me Yoshi since my real name has a bunch of letters in common with Yoshi.
Job: QC.
Job that pays the bills: Librarian.
Favorite Henshin Sequence: Crisis Make Up!

About me: I am obsessed with gaming, especially RPGs, and am a huge Sailor Moon fan. I got into Toku with Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and Dekaranger. For two years, I lived in Saitama, Japan as a member of the JET program, where my passion Toku developed after seeing Dekaranger movie commercials non-stop. I've been studying Japanese on an off for over a decade, and have passed the JLPT N3, still struggling with the evil N2. My favorite Sentai series have been Magiranger, Gekiranger and Go-busters. My favorite Kamen Rider series are Hibiki, W, and Fourze. Soon I may have to add Kabuto to that list.

If you ever need any fact checking for Sailor Moon let me know, I have been an avid Sailor Moon collector for over 17 years.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

By the way, when did you learn Japanese again? Was that in college?

I'm sure your plate is full, just wanted to rerecommend HeartCatch Precure
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Favorite series: Sailor Moon
2nd Favorite Series: Mahou Sentai Magiran
My boom: Shin Megami Tensei
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Post by Yoshimoon »

I taught myself some kana using some Sailor Moon manga and a dictionary. Then I took 3 years of Japanese at college. But I don't feel like I really started to learn the language, until I was forced to use it every day in Japan. I've also TAed in basic and intermediate classes and have taken part in various language exchange programs.

I don't know why I have this feeling that watching Pretty Cure would be like betraying Sailor Moon, I know I would enjoy it. After Kabuto, I will give Precure a shot. I do love the opening theme for the original Futari wa Pretty Cure.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's pretty different. The only commonality being that they're both magical shoujo shows and share the same tropes, and one girl has properties of the moon and is voiced by Hisakawa Aya. I've liked my share of magical shoujo shows, but HeartCatch is just really fun.

Return to “Rules and Announcements (Newbies, read first)”