Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Staff Introduction

Post by takenoko »

I like Super Link...

Good luck in your studies. Any plans to visit Japan?

If your parents are native Chinese, you have my sympathies XD
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Name: Azazel
Job: Distro & QC & ForumMod & Timer & Encoder
About me: Bit of an old ball be me, just returned to uni for my final year of study on me degree, hopefully this will be it now for a few years atleast, spend loads of free time just trying to keep up with the never ending releases, dragged into distro by take randomly, from being part of distro I've started QC'ing a few shows to help out, currently helping to manage the DDL index to make sure its up to date and what not while neko has fun with her studies, you can normally find me in the chan where loads of people hang out and talk about some random stuff and stuff which just freaks normal people out as demonstrated below
[21:01] <Solidus> b
[21:01] <Azazel> o
[21:01] <Solidus> o
[21:01] <Azazel> b
[21:01] <Solidus> i
[21:02] <Azazel> e
[21:02] <Solidus> z
[21:02] <Solidus> sup man
[21:02] <adekii> you guys just made me lol
[21:02] <Azazel> lol
[21:03] <Azazel> not doing much other than qc'ing something
[21:03] * Kamen_Rider_Gumo beats down Solidus and Azazel for being morons.
[21:03] <Azazel> were not mororns
[21:03] <Azazel> were spaceballs
[21:03] <Dorai> o_o
[21:04] * Quits: Dorai (Quit: fled to preserve my sanity)
Favourite series: such a tough one, enjoyed loads of fine shows from here, Garo does stand out on top as one of my fav's
What got me into TN: came looking for sentai shows to replace the garbage known as PR, got board of waiting for releases on the sentai front, decided to check out the other shows that you guys were doing at the time, loved them, been here ever since,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah neat, glad to hear from you Azazel. This is a neat thread, I'm learning stuff too!
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

takenoko wrote:Good luck in your studies. Any plans to visit Japan?

If your parents are native Chinese, you have my sympathies XD
One of my many dreams... Ah, to hit Akihabara of the "now" and then mosey to Kyoto for the "old"...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't know, I think Akihabara was cooler before the otaku boom. Darn you Densha Otoko!

Mind if I ask how you got into Transformers?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

takenoko wrote:Ah neat, glad to hear from you Azazel. This is a neat thread, I'm learning stuff too!
learning how warped the people are that you hire :P
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

takenoko wrote:I don't know, I think Akihabara was cooler before the otaku boom. Darn you Densha Otoko!

Mind if I ask how you got into Transformers?
Hey, never been to Akihabara!

After school/Saturday G1 reruns and cousin's original G1 Grimlock figure at said cousin's home as a kid (well, mom's uncle's place for a BIG Thanksgiving) - couldn't figure out how to transform Grimlock. After that, it's been on/off over the years - some minor interest in 2005-6 - until the 2007 movie really kicked it back into gear. I don't really care for the figures much - I do have three and seven non-transforming TFs - but it's the books that I usually go for.
Comatose
Gabu
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Henshin devices

Post by Comatose »

Name: Comatose
Job: QC, distro, timing
About me: Not really much to say. I work in a library part time, it sucks ass. I collect whatever henshin devices I can afford, which lately hasn't been any. I own the Adult Ryuki belt so you guys call all bow to my awesomeness. :) Ryuki's my favorite series, followed closely by Blade. I'm mostly a KR fan but I like Sentai too, even though it usually takes me a bit to get into a series. I think Magiranger is the only series that I didn't take a break from and then go back to and force myself to watch to get into.
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

I figured I put off doing this long enough.

Name: DekaChief
Job: Timing, QC

About Me: I'm just a geek. I read comic books, watch movies. I enjoy long walks on the beach...j/k... I first came here looking for Super Sentai fansubs, started with Dekaranger. Decided to watch Kamen Rider one day, and have been a hardcore fan ever since, I'm also a huge Ultraman fan. I also loathe Americanized Tokusatsu. That's pretty much it.
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Name: Arigomi
Job: QC (though i'm still new at doing this)

About Me: I stumbled across the first few episodes of Magiranger during the summer of 2005 as other things grabbed my interest. I did return every now and ended up finishing TF Superlink and watching half of TF Galaxy Force. It was only last year that I truly become interested in tokusatsu again. Starting last year, I watched the following completed projects in no particular order:

Gransazer, Justirisers, Sazer X, Garo, Akihabara@Deep, Densha Otoko, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Ryukendo, Shibuya 15, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger

As for my personality, one of my college friends once compared me to Spongebob Squarepants. Besides anime and videogames, my hobbies include anything that requires working with your hands like origami, drawing, and cooking. I have what audiophiles call horrible taste in music and I don't watch movies very often. I'm only mildly interested in comic books.

My Indian-American friend (as in the Asian subcontinent) commented on how I am so different from most Vietnamese-Americans. He should know since he is from San Jose, a city with a huge Vietnamese-American community. I'm not surprised by his comment since beyond my personality quirks, I don't even have typical Southeast Asian facial features. Even though both of my parents are from Vietnam, my father's side of the family has a little Chinese ancestry. This also explains why I have a last name that sounds Chinese.

Current Pet Peeve: People making thinly-veiled references to how they didn't like Go-Ongers. We know already, can't we just move on?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh. I guess it's just part of the fandom to both love and vehemently criticize things, no matter how pointless, grating, or repetitive it becomes

It's funny that you live in San Jose. I had a friend who went their for college, and I'm currently taking some online classes there
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Name: zeta_gundam (I go by this, MSZ006Zeta, or just zeta)
Real name: Matthew (some call me Matt, my friends call me Vampire cause I always look pale and tired.)
Job: QC
Location: Singapore (I'm wondering how many other Singaporeans are there here, I see lonelyranger.)

About Me: I'm a photographer who is currently studying. I hate to use the word 'student', and I usually introduce myself as a photographer. I hate school a lot, since when I was 7. I'm currently studying in Junior College, Year 2 (I'm 18 this year), and after this I'll have to go through the compulsory bull**** called National Service (NS). NS is an obligatory 'service', whereby all male Singaporeans who are 18 need to go through training and serve the army for two years. (You can wiki it for more info.) Many call it a waste of life/time. After NS, I hope to study photography in either Singapore or Australia.

In my free time (which I rarely have lately), I either read up more about photography, or build my Gunpla. I do collect some Kamen Rider figures that interest me as well.

What got me into T-N: My finding of T-N was the result of searching for Kamen Rider Kabuto videos. I lurked around, and finally joined the forums last year. What got me into QC was Take's front page post requesting for QC'ers, and I was glad to help out. I started with Keitai, and then I moved on to QC Decade as well this year. Hopefully I still can QC next year while I serve NS.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

^ The thing that bothers me the most about NS is that in some countries, women are exempt.
takenoko wrote:It's funny that you live in San Jose.
I should clarify. My friend is from San Jose but I live in San Diego. We both attended UC Davis and became friends through the anime club. It's actually quite a funny story that I will save for some other time.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

In Singapore women are exempt. But they could sign on to serve the army as a job as well.
Iceman_B
Trolling for Lolis
Favorite series: K-On!!
2nd Favorite Series: Cowboy Bebop
Favorite Actor?: J.Depp
Favorite Band: Var. DJ's
My boom: ロリ
Quote: Do or do not. There is no try.

Post by Iceman_B »

Name: Iceman B.
Job: I bitch, moan, whine, stalk, and harass people in distro. Some claim I chase women away. They lie.
I've been with TN since that awesome show with transforming loli's, CG cats and Tuxedo Kamen Rider.
Basically, I take care of various duties. Including some distro stuff. Others claim I do nothing. They lie.
Now, if they say I touched your little sister.....

Return to “Rules and Announcements (Newbies, read first)”