shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Staff Introduction

Post by shadowneko003 »

And here we have our wonderful staff of TV Nihon. Get familiar with us and what we do. Cause it'll save you a lot of trouble in the future.

Staff and distro, please add your details onto this thread. Everyone else, this is not an introduction thread for yourselves. Consider yourself warned.

---------------------------------------------------

Name: shadowneko003
Job: Forum Mod and DD distro
About me: Poor college student trying to do to many things at the same time. I enjoy hanging out with friends, watching anime and toku, reading manga, and playing video games. Seeing a poorly done dub of Abarangers in PR Dino Thunder is what got me into toku. My favorite sentai is Abarangers and my favorite Kamen Rider is Den-O (cause it's the only one I've seen so far.) And.........Nakamura Yuichi = kawaii! <3 XD I'm a bit random and sometimes refer to myself in third person. Oh and this one likes cats.
Last edited by shadowneko003 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

Name: Solidus
About me: Network Administrator for a law firm. Got drawn to T-N as a fan by watching Superlink. Got drawn into toku when I downloaded some out of boredom because I was getting impatient for more Superlink. :D In my spare time I enjoy world peace, ballroom dancing, posting lolcats, and flying into space on the wings of Zeus. I also breed and battle Pokiemanz from time to time. My favorite projects have neen Blade, Garo, and Justirisers, but of course I enjoy most all the toku released.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nick: takenoko

Specs: ?

Job: I do some stuff, if you really want to know, read the credits. What am I, your information-getter-guy?

Favorite series: I kind of like them all. We wouldn't do them if they didn't have some value to being subbed

What got me into TN: I was into Ryuki and I found #tokusatsu and followed the transition when it became TN. The first major show that I did for TN was translating Machine Robo Rescue

About me: I'm kind of a mixed bag. I like a bunch of stuff (anime, manga, movies, comics) which is reflected in the various things we sub. There's nothing I like better than a good joke. And a good lie, or maybe 1000 truths, either or. No, I'll take the lie.

I also like philosophy and psychology. Life's the ultimate mystery novel and everything is a clue to the big answer at the end. Finally, everything is ultimately subjective. How do you react/create the world around you, you brain in a jar?
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

takenoko wrote:No, I'll take the lie.
I'm not really a ballroom dancer. :(
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

takenoko wrote: What am I, your information-getter-guy?
Yes. =D

Name: Saejima Kouga
Job: Forum Mod
About Me: I work full time in a call center. I enjoy long walks on the beach, playing in the rain, cuddling, fast driving, SNK games (namely KOF--but I've played Samurai Showdown, SVC Chaos, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, World Heroes, and soon NeoGeo Battle Coliseum), and having fun. Turn offs include but are not limited to: smoking (no offense but I can't breathe nor take the smell), drug abusers, obesity, and ugliness. Please send a text message to "555" (no quotes) if you want to have a great time!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
unmei
運命

Post by unmei »

Where to begin...

Name: unmei (Don't cap my 'u' please) umi-chan, Hyakkimaru(nmei), GekiRyunmei, Date Ryuusei, I go by many, but mostly just unmei
Real name: THEY CALL ME..... Norman... only.. they don't.. because that's not my name.. but for some reason I felt like having an obscure Mighty Max reference...
Job: Typesetting, Timing, Encoding, QCing. I also maintain the ever changing distro/staff bot/ftp
About me: I'm a college grad with the ever useful music/philosophy majors who decided to get a job working in a dark dungeon editing digital photography for a living. Between work and home i spend about 14 hours a day in front of a monitor, which may not seem like a lot to the average internet junkie, but its way more than i really feel comfortable with, but I'm adapting. I likely win the 'most jobs ever held by a tn member at any given time' award, as at a time I was working construction during the days, cake decorating in the evenings, and teaching music on weekends. When not rebuilding people who forgot to get their picture taken for that big team photo, or renovating my home, I also enjoy cooking, astronomy, paleontology, botany, flower arranging, gaming, system archiving (I own at least one of every system released since the 2600, and use them on a regularish basis) anythign having to do with Tim Schaffer or Steve Purcell, karaoke, the rain, walks on the beach (the only place i can actually go outside in California at night this time of year since my lungs don't deal well with cold dry night air), and curling up with a good book on the couch in front of a folding protein strain on my ps3.
OtakuGangsta
Kamen Rider of The Hood
Quote: Go Fuck Yourself, Kisamayatsu!!!

Post by OtakuGangsta »

Name: Kamen Ridah Oga aka Kamen Rider Oga, God Osiris, Otaku Gangsta, Any other name I feel like using
Job: Distro, Timer, Mean Nigga
About me: Offline I work as Team Lead/Loader/Puller at a furniture company, also hustle illegal contents & work for a local entertainment company. I like rap/r&b alti rock, jpop, jrock. I love sushi, italian, soul food etc. i've been into anime since I was 13 i think... got into toku when looking for hurricangers. Found tvn in 2003 when I moved to HELL, USA. I love all types of anime & toku except the boy loves boy kind. What i'm into makes me who I am & Yes I am black. OMG *WAVES HANDS AROUND*
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

zeldAIS

Post by zeldAIS »

Name : zeldAIS (kindly capitalize only 'A', 'I' and 'S' please and don't capitalize 'z' cause...(read real name))

Gender : androgyn (but drools over tokusatsu-actress-gravure idols most of the time XD)

Job : mostly typesetting and karaoke at T-N but knows a little bit of everything (kindly check elsewhere what i do for other fansub groups especially SkewedS =P)

About me : graduating (hopefully) electrical engineering this semester. Though i have plans to take a degree at computer science as i realize i really like coding and tasking. My 2nd choice is taking fine arts as i really like art a lot. Loves a little bit of everything and gets addicted to things easily. Coordinator/script writer/panel designer/typesetter/toner/artist of an indie komiks group and quite active in the Philippine indie komiks community (the reason i'm still thinking if i'm gonna pursue fine arts after engineering; I had next to no choice when i passed the UPCAT college exams to take an engineering course cause my father is an engineering professor for almost 3 decades already where i currently study at the university (the pressure!) =P) I enjoy comics/manga and watching modern prose. Does poetry sometime during our composition sessions in our band (though it's been awhile since we jammed together ~_~). always the busy guy - and friends says it's gonna be weird if i'm not busy. not afraid to try new things ("When was the last time you did something for the first time?"). I like tokusatsu a lot as i grew up with the genre since a kid when our family went to Tsukuba, Japan during my father's PhD and stayed there for 5 years or so. i'm not sure if it's Maskman or Liveman was my first sentai but i'm sure that Kamen Rider Black was my childhood hero. I like idols and especially band idols (Zone! XD though they disbanded so the ex-bassist Maiko's new band are now my sigs - Maria (and the other bassist/vocalist of the band - Aika - are my avatars)). Written at my thesis in the 'about the author' section - "The author is an artist who likes to take long bicycle rides during cool afternoons"

What got me into T-N : i stumble at T-N way back when they released Pretty Guardian Sailormoon (yea, I'm a Sailormoon fan XD) and to my surprise, T-N also fansubs the shows i grew up and loved as a kid when i was still livin in Tsukuba - Tokusatsus =3 I was amazed how the typesets are really good with effects and stuffs then studied how do they do that. After jumping from fansub groups to fansub groups (mostly JPop fansub groups - that's why I'm used to and love making karaokes =P), I signed up when takenoko-sama posted at the site that they are recruiting. My ever first project at T-N was the karaoke of Chou Ninja Tai Inazuma movies.

Favorite T-N Series : i like most of them - can't really pick which one is the most fave i like =P I'll be biased and will prolly say Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger is my fave sentai, Kamen Rider Kiva is my fave kamen rider series and all the karaoke's i made for other T-N series are the series that are my favorites XD
Dororo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Dreamy: Too many actresses
Favorite Actor?: Those that can act.
Favorite Band: Ones that play music
My boom: Stuff

Post by Dororo »

Name: Dororo/DHawk (not to be confused with Dormamu or Dragonhawk)

Job: QC and Distro

About me: Well I'm random, that's about as simple as it gets. Random and quite possibly completely insane. xD
Oh, and I tend to keep my private life, just that, private.
Last edited by Dororo on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
siggy
Go Go!

Post by siggy »

Name: siggy/Takki/Hero
A Little Something About Myself:
I don't know what to write. Oh yeah, I got a degree in Business Process Management, but have NEVER worked in a job that remotely relates to my study. Been through many fields, Retail, housekeeping, food & beverage and now I am working in the hospitality industry. I hate people that doesn't keep promises, and I hate it when people doesn't tell me the truth. I have lots of patience, as long as people don't poke me in the wrong place.
Cheetah
The fastest animal
The fastest animal
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cheetah »

Name: Cheetah

Job: Timer and Distro

What got me into TN: One day I remembered my old Masked Rider ZO game and wanted to watch the full movie in japanese. Ended up finding it subbed TV-Nihon and started watching Kamen Rider Blade. After watching through a few shows subbed by TV-Nihon I decided I wanted to help in some way. So here I am.

About me: I'm into anything entertaining. From movies and video games to comics and sports. For exercise I like to run. Which might explain my obsession with speed and cheetahs. I'm a quiet guy and only talk when I feel there is a need for my response so I end up just ghosting the forums and irc channel. Cya all around.
Podima
Militant Deaf Viewer
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Your mother.

Post by Podima »

Name: Podima

Job: Distro (mostly torrents and crap) and annoying Take

What got me into T-N: Magenta pretty much all but physically forcing me to watch Kamen Rider Kabuto, and then everything just spiraled downwards from there. He brought me into the T-N channels and introduced me to people, including Takenoko. And now here I am - distro!

Favorite T-N Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto - despite all the timefuckery, it was a good fun series to watch.

About me: I'm a college student - a California boy stuck in the asscrack of upstate New York. Always fun. Lately I haven't been able to do a ton of distro because my school sucks about torrents. But back to me... I'm pretty much a lurker, since I'm often too busy to pay attention to all the T-N channels. But if you poke me, I'll nearly always join into the conversation. I'm currently studying Information Technology and Science, Technology, and Society Studies. What I'm going to do with this... who the hell knows? But it's fun anyways. For fun, it's mostly reading fantasy/sci-fi, gaming (generally console over PC), and random internet stupidity.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me steals unmei's power cap

/me brings dhawk the gift of paragraph indentation XD

/me gives siggy a hug for Christmas

Cheetah, are you Hawaiian? That's an interesting last name.

/me gives podima a prod
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Name: Shado Kabuto

Job: (Former)Forum Moderater and now A regular member of the TV-N Forums

What got me to TV-N: Well I was searching around looking for shit to watch and check the torrent sites type up Sentai on the search engine and i got some name called Mahou SENTAI Magiranger and I was like what the hell is sentai? so i hit up Wikipedia to do a research on Sentai and it had a lot of information about it. So after reading and yatta-yatta i download a couple of the Magiranger episodes and watch it..... after i watch it , I felt like a little kid opening presents and after that i got hooked watching Sentai and Kamen Rider

What about me: I'm a cool and calm collected person with a short time bomb. I like people but i dont like bitch ass people who whine and cry about nonsense bullshit. But i do like people if they have a legit question and i will try to come up with a solid answer. My hobbies are listening Rap music watching Sentai Anime and playing SNK and Capcom fighters and Shoot'em ups
Last edited by Shado Kabuto on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh, that's pretty cool. I think that's the longest thing I've seen you write, Dark Ichigo. Interesting read. Magi's one of my favorite sentai too

Return to “Rules and Announcements (Newbies, read first)”