Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Forum Intro (For the newbs)

Post by takenoko »

Who we are:
#TV-Nihon is a fansubbing group. The group was started in October 2002 and has subbed almost three thousand episodes/movies of shows in the nine-year period. Our main projects are usually Tokusatsu shows (live action special effect shows), although we have subbed some Japanese dramas and animes from time to time. We have staffs from different parts of the world to bring you high quality subbed Japanese shows.

This group is primarily located on irc.synirc.org in the channel #tv-nihon as well as the website: http://tvnihon.com

General Posting:
If you're new, please read the rules and tips for good posting. Users can be banned for breaking the rules.

Download our videos:
We primarily release our shows by fserves on IRC and BitTorrent from our tracker page, but our very cool fans maintain a list of direct downloads in this forum. Be nice, because these people are doing this out of the generosity of their hearts. If you need a seed for the torrent, we have a seed request forum here

If you're having technical issues, we have a playback forum for people having trouble getting our videos to work. For downloading problems, go to our download support forum

Misc:
You can see a list of the staff in the self introduction thread here

Finally, generic comments on our fansubs, the website, forums, etc. are to be made in the feedback forum. I moved the banner submission thread. Most of the banners at the top of the forum are fan created.

Our show forums are split into three sections. The first two are merely links to our active projects (the first group is live action links, second is anime links). The third section is a complete list of all our projects, with miscellaneous and licensed links on the top.

In the last section, we have forums for generic Kamen Rider, Sentai, games, fanfics, off topic, and Americanized stuff; please post in the most relevant forum possible. Please keep our series forums clean by keeping Power Rangers and Dragon Knight out of the Japanese series discussion forums.

Finally, there's no shame in being a lurker and seeing what's cool and what's not cool on the forums. No one's ever pissed anyone off by the offensive post that they never made.
GenaroOz
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Liveman
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Be water, my friend.

Re: Forum Intro (For the newbs)

Post by GenaroOz »

Your fansubbing work is really impresive.
Thanks for sharing.
zdrago666
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by zdrago666 »

Hi!!! just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you all put into the shows. i am a huge kamen rider fan, and an occasional sentai fan, depending on how much dancing they have to do :roll:
KR_Karasu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Dystopia Rising

Post by KR_Karasu »

Getting back into Toku after being occupied with a new baby. I love the work you guys do as otherwise I wouldn't have access to these awesome shows. A friend of mine pointed me your way after we sent out a gag PR/SS encounter at our fantasy LARP a couple of years ago. We were a group of undead with Sentai colored belts and did a Sentai pose and evil intro ("We are here to rend the living! Necro is Go!") before attacking the town. It was a riot for us and most of the people didn't get what we were doing (well, we attacked pretty quickly) but the discussions afterward led me here. The rest, as they say, is history.

Currently I'm looking forward to KR Gaimu and finding out how the whole fruit theme will come across.
Kamen Rider completed : Ryuki, Decade, Gaim
Super Sentai completed: Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, ToQger
Active: soon Ghost
jomelcaelum
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kyouryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Wizard and Gokaiger
Favorite Band: The Black Mages
My boom: Final Fantasy Series

Post by jomelcaelum »

Hi! Good Evening! Yep! Im new in this forum but I always patronage TV-Nihon since I first encountered this last 2005, i think? And now, im a part of this forum now! haha! Keep up the good work to the staffs of TV-Nihon! We support you always and Thanks for bringing FanSub Tokusatsu and Special Effects Shows to us! :)
w0rmbr33d3r
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim/Shinkenger
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: “You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
― W.C

Post by w0rmbr33d3r »

keep up the good work TV-Nihon.., more power to your group :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks!
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but a longtime toku fan! Tokusatsu wasa big thing in Italy when I was little: Megaloman, Kaiketsu Lion-maru, Spectreman, Tiger 7 and then Goggle V. They really shaped my young years and when Power Rangers hit they weren't a novelty for me. While I love Sentai and KR I just adore shows that diverge a bit from the format so when I saw you had so much unique shows like Garo, the Chouseishin series and Ryukendo I knew I was in for a big treat! Keep up the great work guys!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Welcome! Keitai avatar, old school.
Monsoon
Gao
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HOTS
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Monsoon »

Hello, I've only been into Super Sentai for a few months now. I watched the first two seasons of Power Rangers as a child, but a friend recently convinced me to watch some recent Super Sentai and got me hooked. Almost all of it is brand-new to me, as a guy in his 20s. I've watched three series to completion (Zyuranger, Shinkenger, and Gokaiger) and I'm in the middle of two others (Dairanger and Gekiranger). I'm SO GRATEFUL of TV-Nihon's body of work as a resource for me to discover these fun shows. THANK YOU, TV-NIHON!
Can't Stop the Monsoon - a blog mostly about video games, now featuring occasional Super Sentai reviews! Latest tokusatsu piece is my top ten Super Sentai series.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Monsoon wrote:Hello, I've only been into Super Sentai for a few months now. I watched the first two seasons of Power Rangers as a child, but a friend recently convinced me to watch some recent Super Sentai and got me hooked. Almost all of it is brand-new to me, as a guy in his 20s. I've watched three series to completion (Zyuranger, Shinkenger, and Gokaiger) and I'm in the middle of two others (Dairanger and Gekiranger). I'm SO GRATEFUL of TV-Nihon's body of work as a resource for me to discover these fun shows. THANK YOU, TV-NIHON!
I'm glad that someone has joined the Toku community. WELCOME! There are some great sentai shows out there and I hope you enjoy them
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks Monsoon. Always nice to have a new member. If you ever feel like commenting on a thread, all our old forums are still there. (We're working to add the episode links to the episode pages on our wiki. You can find the links in the information box on the right side at the top.) Enjoy your stay!
Markiegee50X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Princess Mei
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Girls
Quote: "Shin!!"
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Markiegee50X »

You guys are awesome!! :wink:
Markiegee50X (Tokusatsu Fan since 1998) :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks!
NinaAkashi
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger Brave
Quote: All you need to do is to move on.

Post by NinaAkashi »

Your subbing is awesome, definitely colorful!
Once i used the Bouken Red Ranger Key, i would be called Shoujo Bouken Red

Return to “Rules and Announcements (Newbies, read first)”