[insert witty title here]
Favorite series: Zeta Gundam
2nd Favorite Series: Gundam 0079
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "You're dead, this is the afterlife -- and I'm God" - Q

tvnihon.com

Post by Quatrerwin »

It works!
Last edited by Quatrerwin on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

=K Santa's gonna bring you some coal for being a bad boy this year!

But it's all good. Life happens and so we'd rather you take the appropriate time to do what you have to do.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
manabu
Adventure

Re: tvnihon.com

Post by manabu »

Quatrerwin wrote:Starting December 21/22 I will be troubleshooting the dns/domain. ........ Sorry about the delay, but I just don't have time this week to do much server work.
You do not need to be sorry for the delay. DNS propagation is a slow task anyway.

One tip for the serial value in the SOA record. Try to use the following format (if possible):

YYYYMMDDXX

Example: 2007020200
The first four numbers indicates the year, the 5th and 6th number indicates the month, while the 7th and 8th numbers indicates the day of the month. The two last numbers indicates the number of updates done on that day. (Thus one can do 100 updates on a single day for the particular SOA record on the DNS server. Ofcourse one can alter mutliple records for that SOA within one single update.)

By doing it that way, one gains two advantages.
1: The DNS admin for the SOA knows the date the last time the record was updated.
2: The value can never exceed the allowable maximum number the serial can be in ones life time. (Not even ones grand childrens life time.)

Other DNS servers is also using the serial number in the SOA record for the domain to determine if there has been any changes in the record for the domain.

--
manabu
WhiteAsh
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Nogami Ryoutarou
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa
Favorite Band: Anything fun

Post by WhiteAsh »

Is that why it keeps freezing/logging me out despite my "keep me logged in foreer" option?
From Beginning to End... Den-O is at a CLIMAX!
Momotaros Urataros Kintaros Ryuutaros Deneb Sieg
QCers: When it's not always RUFFIANS all the way. :D
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

WhiteAsh wrote:Is that why it keeps freezing/logging me out despite my "keep me logged in foreer" option?
I kept wondering why that always happens to me too...
Since I knew my cookies and all that stuff were enabled.
manabu
Adventure

Post by manabu »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:
WhiteAsh wrote:Is that why it keeps freezing/logging me out despite my "keep me logged in foreer" option?
I kept wondering why that always happens to me too...
Since I knew my cookies and all that stuff were enabled.
It really depends upon the browser used and the server's creation of the cookie. Some browsers can automatically delete any cookies created during the execution of the web browser when the web browser is closed.

Anyway, the old cookie needs to be deleted and then let the server create a new cookie. Afterall there was a server change for TV-Nihon's forum and main web pages recently (some few days before writing this post).

Remember. It is the expiration date and time of the cookie and the cookie parameter(s) which decides if one can log in automatically on the next visit.

Here in the examples below I do a DNS query on the domain http://www.tvnihon.com and http://www.claws.us domain:

$ nslookup http://www.tvnihon.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Server: ns1.its.monash.edu.au
Address: 130.194.1.99

Name: tvnihon.com
Address: 85.17.200.8
Aliases: http://www.tvnihon.com

$ nslookup http://www.claws.us
Non-authoritative answer:

Name: claws.us
Aliases: http://www.claws.us

$ nslookup 85.17.200.8

Name: claws.us

Both of the domain name queries points to the same IP address. However, a reverse lookup is pointing to the following domain:

claws.us

Some browserd may do a reverse lookup on the IP address when dealing with cookies. This means when the cookie contains a domain name which can not be resolved by a reverse lookup, then the browser may reject the usage of the cookie due to security reasons.

Therefore for those who do like to be automatically logged in, then use the following URL during the log in process when the cookie is being set and for all next visits:

claws.us/forums

Note. The reverse lookup is controlled by the special in-addr.arpa domain's SOA record and its values.

--
manabu
Liner_Form
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Too creepy to answer
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Maroon 5

Post by Liner_Form »

>_< Too much technical stuff. But if I create a new cookie right now, will I stay logged on forever this time?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

www.tvnihon.com still does not work for me.
manabu
Adventure

Post by manabu »

Liner_Form wrote:But if I create a new cookie right now, will I stay logged on forever this time?
Apparently maybe. There is a problem with the cookies when it comes to the expiration date for the cookie 'phpbb2mysql_sid'. The date is set to '1970-01-01 01:00.00' by the server. A manual editing of the date for the cookie 'phpbb2mysql_sid' do allow automatic loggin the next time, but the date will then be reset to '1970-01-01 01:00.00'. Actually, the "Expires" date and time for the 'phpbb2mysql_sid' cookie is reset during the current session at any time. This problem is a server issue. The server is simply setting an invalid date and time in the "Expires" field of the cookie 'phpbb2mysql_sid'.

However, by doing some more testings, it shows that one can log in automatically even when the date for the cookie 'phpbb2mysql_sid' is invalid. It is the "value" and "Expires" field of the cookie 'phpbb2mysql_data' which controlls automatic login. However, do NOT click on "Log out" link as that will change the value field in the 'phpbb2mysql_data' cookie, thus one will NOT be automatically logged in next time.

--
manabu
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

Saejima Kouga wrote:www.tvnihon.com still does not work for me.
Try google searching it... and then visiting via the link in the search results. Crazy as it sounds, that's how it works for me.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Tried that, it failed.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Wow they're probably having a party at the tvnihon.com while I'm still unable to access it. There's probably a buffet there as well. =(
Liner_Form
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Too creepy to answer
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Maroon 5

Post by Liner_Form »

I'm at a buffet? Sweet! Apparently, the wait time is better for everyone. Maybe it's because my computer and server are so fast and awesome, idk? But I can see it. Maybe you guys have to wait a couple of days before the change reaches you. *knows little to none about computers, so don't h8*
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

Bauffie wrote:Wow they're probably having a party at the tvnihon.com while I'm still unable to access it. There's probably a buffet there as well. =(
Yep, we're all eating lots of cake. And those little mini sandwiches.
manabu
Adventure

Re: tvnihon.com

Post by manabu »

Quatrerwin wrote:It works!
It does not work for me stil. Blame it on slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooov DNS propagation.

Still getting "can't find http://www.tvnihon.com: Server failed" from my ISP's name servers.

The solution to the problem above if one have an ISP which DNS does not resolve properly is either to use an trusted open DNS server of put the following in the 'hosts' file:

Code: Select all

85.17.200.8     tvnihon.com         #  TV-Nihon fansub group
85.17.200.8     www.tvnihon.com     #  TV-Nihon fansub group
--
manabu
Last edited by manabu on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Rules and Announcements (Newbies, read first)”