NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Kamen Rider Den-O Collection DVD (OAV)

Post by Sho-saka »

Believe it or not, this is the second time that Den-O's been turned into an anime (the first one being that Shin-chan special episode).

Only this time, our favourite Imagin are having their very own...OAV (Original Anime Video or Original Video Animation (OVA) for those whose life is so obsessed with anything to do with Tokusatsu and has zero knowledge on the anime (Japanese animation) industry)!!!

Animate JP's Den-O OAV site (complete with a whole collection of Den-O merchandise)
Animate JP Online Shop's site that info about the OAV

Too bad the release date for the whole boxset (I believe, though if someone can correct on the whole information as my Japanese is way below Take-san's level) is going to be somewhere in Spring, which IS A LONG wait for an anime and Den-O fan, like me. T_T

So, who's the anime studio going to animate this? It's not Sunrise (Gintama, Code Geass and a whole bunch of Gundam stuff), Gonzo (Last Exile, Afro Samurai, Welcome to the NHK), Bones (Ouran High School Host Club, RahXephon, Wolf's Rain), Kyoto Animation (Lucky Star, The Melanchony of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad), Studio Deen (Getbackers, Fruits Basket, and that coming-soon Amatsuki manga adaptation that my younger sister likes), Bee Train (Noir, Madlax and Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle) or any other well known studios in Japan. In fact, I don't even know who's going to animate, but I'm betting it's either Production I.G. (which is highly unlikely, though they did most of the Ghost in the Shell stuff, Blood+ and xxxHolic (and now Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations)) or Toei Animation (Yes! Pretty Cure 5, Dragon Ball series, Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror (and that spinoff - Mononoke) and that Daft Punk music DVD based on their Discovery album) or the previous studios that I've mentioned before or even a new studio that I've never heard before.

I'm just going to wait and see if any new information is mentioned. *Sighs*
Climax_Sword
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Den-O
Dreamy: ...no
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Kamen Rider Den-O Collection DVD (OAV)

Post by Climax_Sword »

Will the voices be the same as the actual show? Or is it a spinoff?
Yeah, this is Liner_Form when sneaking to tvnihon.com during work and school; don't want my main account to be spotted >_>
Sho-saka
NagoSan

Post by Sho-saka »

Climax_Sword wrote: Will the voices be the same as the actual show? Or is it a spinoff?
Well, given that the voice actors are going to be the same as in the actual show, you don't need to worry about who's going to replace Momo/Ura/Kin/Ryu/Deneb/Sieg's voice actor in the anime, which is a huge relief for Den-O fans, like me. :mrgreen:
Climax_Sword
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Climax_Sword »

Hmmm, the Imagin being the same, I can understand. But for "non-suit" characters (Ryotarou, Yuuto, and Kohana as examples), will there be replacements?
Yeah, this is Liner_Form when sneaking to tvnihon.com during work and school; don't want my main account to be spotted >_>
Sho-saka
NagoSan

Post by Sho-saka »

Climax_Sword wrote: Hmmm, the Imagin being the same, I can understand. But for "non-suit" characters (Ryotarou, Yuuto, and Kohana as examples), will there be replacements?
I'm afraid that the 'non-suit' characters are never going to appear in the OAV, as the Animate JP site stated only the Imagin voice actors are confirmed to be in there. Though, you might never know. And I doubt there's going to be voice replacement for them. The Shin-chan special had Ryoutarou, Hana, Naomi and Owner voiced by their respective actors and actresses, so that can be assumed they're safe.
Climax_Sword
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Climax_Sword »

Euh, I can live with that. As long as they don't get a random VA, I'm good.
Sakurai-san
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Den-o!
Dreamy: Sakurai Yuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: Denliner Imagin Band

Post by Sakurai-san »

Cool !
*Done by Gekiviolet in HJU XD*
Sho-saka
NagoSan

Post by Sho-saka »

Well, I checked into the Animate site and now I can confirmed you that the DVD release for the Imagine Anime Collection DVD is at April 25th. Plus, there's an update in the official site that has screenshots of the cute rendition of the chibi Imagin gang doing everything from retelling the story of Momotaro (complete with the other Taros other than Momo as the dog (hmm, not sure how Momo's going to handle the animal), pheasant and monkey) to Deneb milking the cow. X3 And they're extremely cute!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't suppose there's anyone in Japan who would be willing to pick up a copy from animate and donate it to Tv-nihon?

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”