Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Saraba Den-O DC released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Now for a second farewell from the series that never dies.

Spoiler
Some of the additions in this movie is Koutarou showing off the infamous bad luck from grandpa Ryutarou. Giving some reasons why Hana and the other Imagin was in the present time instead of just visiting excuse. Deneb making the elephant sound to a bedridden Yuuto. Ryuutaros playing with some kids. And the best part of all, Deneb really showing that he's a middle-aged house wife by trading recipes with other women.

Stick around for the credits to see some behind the scenes stuff.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Re: Saraba Den-O DC released

Post by Sho-saka »

What?! There's a Director's Cut version of this movie?! O_o? Why wasn't anyone who is a Den-O fan informed me?! Oh, right; that TV-N's policy of not wanting to talk about the toku series that had yet to be fansubbed or else you'll get a warning or a banhammer or something.

:oops: Might as well thank you guys for giving another unexpected surprise to all the Den-O fans out there.

*Waits for the damn BitTorrent program to finish downloading the movie*

BTW, hate to ask you, but how much of the new footage is there from the original movie? 5 minutes or more, without spoiling the plot. Just general speaking, of course.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's 1 hour and 32 minutes. The original was 83 minutes

I should point out that the Imagin anime of the original isn't there. We should probably clip that out for when we batch Den-O

Lemme know how the new video format is working out
Blood_Ninja
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Blood_Ninja »

Torrent's already up at 54% .... waiting to finish....
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was surprised when Kohana and the Imajin were able to open those Ramune bottles like that. They can be a real pain in the butt to open if you don't use a solid surface to leverage your body weight against the cap.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Extra footage added a little bit more to the story but not much. Somethings been bugging me if Sora is supposed to be dead shouldn't her kimono be folded right over left?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Couldn't agree more about the Ramune, Arigomi. My hand hurt for weeks after I just about split it open trying to open one not much different than they did.

This was fun, and I'm not one to say 'no' to more Den-O, but for once I think I prefer the theatrical cut. The new footage was funny on its own, but when combined with the rest of the movie it felt like it threw the timing and even the music cues off. First example that popped into my head - I originally thought it felt strange to have the title screen so far into the movie, but it really heightened the drama of New Den-O's arrival by cutting away to the Saraba logo right after he appeared in the theatrical cut. That scene felt dead here without something to break it up. Although, it's amazing how a few tweaks in the footage completely changed the feel of that opening brawl.

The new footage was interesting. Koutarou's bad luck after his entrance was cute and a nice nod to him taking after his grandfather. It explains his comment near the end a little better too, since we actually see him experiencing the bad luck rather than just claiming he has it. Teddy got a little more screen time and a personality, but not much more. Ryuuta dancing! I missed that in the theatrical cut (although the pacing still works better without it). Koutarou and Momo's banter about what a climax means was amusing. The Ghost Imagin's comment to Ryuuta (when he reverts to Ryoutarou's body to prevent them from attacking him) felt a lot more chilling even though it wasn't that much different. I loved Naomi's non-answer as to why Denliner changed - evidently Owner can be a very fickle person.

The only scene that I think worked better in the DC was Deneb and Yuuto in the hospital. It was a much better representation of their partnership, and Deneb's continuation of the sou/zou joke was adorable.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but I can see why they cut the Koutarou bad luck scene. "Hey, maybe we shouldn't have a dog poop joke in this movie" "Yeeeeeah... That's probably a good idea."

I can't really tell with pacing, but I usually like the DC's since I like exposition. Although I do agree that there was one or two points where I thought that the DC had a scene that kind of ruined the pacing
Ditto-chan
Gao

Post by Ditto-chan »

On the last part, on the ending song, I like 'the making' of the movie.. Hehe..
Did TVN have any? I mean subbed "The making of <kamen rider movie>"?
Chabii-
Mega
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

The return of the mascot costumes. I was wondering why'd they even be in the present time without any other explanation. Huh, I don't remember seeing the green dragon Ryuuta has in the series (nor the Kiva movie).

Momotaros saying "mada mada dane to Koutarou. That's... so appropriate? xD (why didn't I notice this at first...)

The behind the scenes were awesome. Especially Owner in the bicycle outfit, but we all know that Owner's awesome.
Hen... shin... TOH!
KillerGazebo
Gao
Quote: Now...count up your sins!

Post by KillerGazebo »

hey i dont like being THAT guy...but i could use a few seeds for this if someones willing 8)
Completed: Faiz, Blade, Hibki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
Watching: Fourze, Gobusters, Akibaranger

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”