Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Re: Chou Den-O and Decade movie released

Post by KickHopper »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:^ Repainted Ichigo and V3 the next helmets~
QFT
Goldra and Silvra are recycled costumes of Kamen Rider 1 and V3 from The NEXT respectively. Not just the helmets, either. Look at the buckles and at Silvra's chest armor. They like to recycle costumes. Just look at Yuki from Saraba Den-O. He was a mishmash of Gaoh and Orga.
ImageImage
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Had no clue that Yuu was played by a girl. Much more convincing than the last girl-playing-male-lead that I watched.
garfield15 wrote:
zheyao wrote:Speaking of suit actors, I wonder whose Decade's was, since Seiji Takaiwa obviously can't be both Den-O and Decade at the same time.
Nope, credits show that Takaiwa was Decade and Den-O. Though obviously during the triple finisher scene that wasn't him in two outfits so in that scene I wonder who it was.
There was an NHK World special earlier this year that followed the suit actor for "Silver Rider" during the Chou Den-O filming. It's pretty entertaining to hear about production from his point of view (and some evasive references to the Kamen Rider franchise from the narrator), but it also shows behind-the-scenes footage from the final battle scene which answers your question. Behind spoiler tag in case you don't want your magic spoiled -
Spoiler
Takaiwa played a total of 8 characters in the movie, including Decade for some scenes, but switched to Chou Den-O for the scenes where he appeared.
TurtleFu
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Murai Ryouta
Favorite Band: Morning Musume.
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!

Post by TurtleFu »

I really think that the arms monsters were just cameos. There was also no indication there WERE the arms monsters, just cameos.

I also don't think Climax Deka is "canon" (as the Kiva world pretty much contradicts the Den-O world)
It's like suggesting that every Kamen Rider crossover is "canon". It's just fanservice guys, it doesn't mean anything.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

TurtleFu wrote:I really think that the arms monsters were just cameos. There was also no indication there WERE the arms monsters, just cameos.
Yes there was. Jirou said he was the last of the Wolfen race.

He also did the Garuru transformation pose but it's the first thing that matters.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

was there really any point in calling this movie den-o and decade he hardly makes a 10 minute appearence. There was no point to DiEnd showing up, did anyone else think the portal he used to travel didn't look right? kamen rider goldra and silvra were pretty good, what was with the wierd version of v3's belt on silvra. it didn't really tell how rotarou got turned into a kid or give any background on how the four imagine got sent throughout time. and what was with those oni imagine there xaviax's footsoldiers from dragon knight! and finally
Spoiler
it seems the whole story was a background tale of yutto it was pretty good on how it was done actually
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, there was no point to your post, since you just repeat things other people say, ask questions other people have answered. The only difference being it's just full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

I"m a little surprised that some people were actually saying that the Arms Monsters weren't supposed to be the Arms Monsters when Jirou clearly said he was the last of the Wolfen race.

I kinda expected the twist at the end. I was thinking it was way to convenient that the kid's name was Yuu, plus the fact that none of the Den-O crew never said Yuuto's name when referring to Deneb's contract holder disappearing.

Can't Daiki summon Riders without having to henshin first? I just found it odd that he just henshined, summon the riders, and then left. I guess that moment was for all the DiEnd fanboys/girls.

So from now on when something bad happens I'm going to blame it on either a change in time or Decade.

AeonRanger wrote: it didn't really tell how rotarou got turned into a kid or give any background on how the four imagine got sent throughout time.
Maybe you should re-watch the scene where Yuu first boards Denliner, because they do. In fact I'll give you a guess. Fill in the blanks: "A _hange _n _ime."
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

gekiwaza wrote:
AeonRanger wrote: it didn't really tell how rotarou got turned into a kid or give any background on how the four imagine got sent throughout time.
Maybe you should re-watch the scene where Yuu first boards Denliner, because they do. In fact I'll give you a guess. Fill in the blanks: "A _hange _n _ime."
Ah, singular points. Conveniently able to be turned younger and yet still retain all their knowledge as if nothing at all had changed. I'm sure it must also get confusing for them to either A) not know what their birthday really is anymore, or B) have full knowledge of both time lines, thus personally knowing things that happened before they were actually born
ImageImage
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

I liked this movie a lot. Perhaps beacuse its been so long since I watched anything Den-O. The character interaction was quite good. The kid playing Ryoutarou didn't do much justice to the character though..but eh he wasnt the focus of the movie anyway.

DiEnd was random as usual..but he did select the colors of the borrowed riders quite well!
Asakura would have banged his head and killed himself if he was aware Ryuuta danced while in his body LOL!

All in all a good movie to watch.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I've just read the first two and the last pages, so if you read repeated considerations, please ignore them.

This movie's plot has more holes than a swiss cheese and there are many childish parts. Decade's part in t is very random. But its Den-O so its a lot of fun. The plot twist was obvious since the beginning.

It proved that Den-O's soul are the imagin. The lack of the original Ryou didn't get in the way of the story, and chibi Ryou had a very small part. Chibi Yuuto (I was surprised when I discovered that he is played by a girl) is very emo, but I didn't like the grown up either. I wish they kept him so they wouldn't need the original, freeing Den-O from the original actors. And I don't like teh original Yuuto since Hibiki.

Decade's appearance was a nice marketing strategy. Den-O made a lot of fans, so they somehow put decade there to show him to the Den-O fans. Some of them will watch Decade and then they'll know all other Heisei riders. They also lured Decade's fans to the theaters. And finally, it made the movie sound more epic than it is.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

It was still epic though.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Finally got around to watching this, and while I still dislike Den-O, I found this to be the best of the movies, far better than the last one,

Still not impressed they are milking Den-O for all its worth,

Nice to see a change of cast to give it some life, at least they arnt being Emo wimps anymore,

Strike Vega form looked interesting.

Also I never realised the whole time sync thing before, yet it was so obvious in ep 1, strange how you pick up on things later down the line,

The 5 imagin form was hideous, its starting to look like a Sentai Mecha with all the bolt ons
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

The plot of the movie seems kinda weird to me... At least it tells some story about Yuuto as a kid...

I dislike the part where Kaito just appeared out of nowhere and interrupted Ryotaro-tachi

And the movie's title is Chou Den-O and Decade, but Decade didn't do much, you can take out Decade out of the picture and the story will still be the same because Decade didn't affect the ending of the story (unless you count Tsukasa bringing Sieg to Ryotaro and helped destroy the enemy's hissatsu attack)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

People should take the 'and Decade' thing with a grain of salt. It simply means that he gets a cameo is all.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Only really good part of the movie for me is when Momo realises that he is a main rider in a series, and does a rider kick even if it was stolen from both Kabuto and Gatack.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”