Gabu
Favorite series: Go-onger/Faiz/DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger/Decade
Favorite Band: Yuzo Koshiro
My boom: WMMT3
Quote: Smoke Tires not Drugs

Re: Chou Den-O and Decade movie released

Post by ikaritheflamezephyer »

gmottl wrote: don't think those were the kiva arms monsters and were humans played by the actors to make them seem like the arms monsters. remember the kiva movie. "guard, what's your name" "ore, sanjou" the den-o voice actors did the same thing. but Jirou as ura, OH MY GOD.
im pretty sure they were. jirou said his line about being part of the wolfen race.
Battra wrote:Also the movie never did explain what Silvra was doing during Decade's & Den-O's fight in episode 14 of Decade.
i suppose he was looking for the other piece of the kirifuda
The primary vivid sounds and colors supported smelling the pseudo perfume of tomorrow's wind.

ImageImage
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Kogashi wrote:Ah but the Battleship isn't from the Future, it was Oni made from the past.
Wasn't the Gaohliner created by some king in the ancient past? *goes to watch the first Den-O movie again*
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

must've missed the line about the wolfens. still what were they doing there in a different time, i think it was a different time. and still, ura as jirou, EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Naglfar52
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Naglfar52 »

Wait, Yuu's a girl? Erf.

And I don't know how I didn't see it earlier, but this is clearly Decade continuity, slotting into the timeline between what we saw of Den-O and Kabuto's worlds in the series. Decade Ryoutarou, Sieg still being in the photo studio, the oni Ryoutarou mentioned at the end of the Den-O arc...

It's obvious. *facepalm*
I'm tough on the internet.
ikaritheflamezephyer
Gabu
Favorite series: Go-onger/Faiz/DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger/Decade
Favorite Band: Yuzo Koshiro
My boom: WMMT3
Quote: Smoke Tires not Drugs

Post by ikaritheflamezephyer »

gmottl wrote:must've missed the line about the wolfens. still what were they doing there in a different time, i think it was a different time. and still, ura as jirou, EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think someone said this already but they are immortal demons who just have to live through time. and yeah ura-jirou made me lawl
The primary vivid sounds and colors supported smelling the pseudo perfume of tomorrow's wind.

ImageImage
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

momo would have been better for jirou and ura should have taken kivat. just imagine him with little glasses.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Chariot »

garfield15 wrote:First I have to say that Sawaki Ruka makes a very convincing boy. (Sorry girls, but it's a trap! :P)
AHA! I knew something was off when I thought "he is a very cute boy...OH SHI-."
Kogashi wrote:Oh, hate to derail the conversation back to if it was AU or OU. To people who use 'But it's connected to Decade' as proof that it's AU... Shinkenger World. We know Decade went to the OU Shinkenger World, because we saw him in Shinkenger, and he and his thief/treasure hunting friend effected their story.
Or, maybe the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger that we watch is AU and not the real Shinkenger show! :lol:

G3 appearance made me smile. Diend's trolling also made me smile. Silly Diend.

I liked how Decade was used in here. Very much a passing through Kamen Rider. Come to think of it, he should have said his regular catchphrase.

Tsukasa looked unusually tough when he was beating up that one Oni.

I'm nowhere close to finishing the original Den-O series, but I thought Chou Den-O was impressive design wise and character wise. Tough and cool, as a Rider should be.

The Goldra and Silvra suits having small eyes was something I noticed right off the bat, it makes sense now having read here that they were made from The First and The Next suits.
Last edited by Chariot on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

Chariot wrote:
Kogashi wrote:Oh, hate to derail the conversation back to if it was AU or OU. To people who use 'But it's connected to Decade' as proof that it's AU... Shinkenger World. We know Decade went to the OU Shinkenger World, because we saw him in Shinkenger, and he and his thief/treasure hunting friend effected their story.
Or, maybe the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger that we watch is AU and not the real Shinkenger show! :lol:
I dare you to explain the Chiaki Father episode of why Natsumi made an appearance in it then
Twitter
iamawesome.com
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

That's not a grongi!

Well, it was sweet how they retconned the green guy...girl...back into existence. Too bad they failed to stop the cyberpocalypse which turns protagonists into pre-teen jailbait for some reason.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I said that Decade's storyline mandates that the RIDER Worlds be AU. That's the whole point of his journey, at least of what can be surmised from Kurenai Wataru and Kenzaki Kazuma. Him visiting Shinkenger world, well that was basically a Big Lipped Alligator Moment. Nothing to do with the storyline, and never mentioned again. It was fan service and nothing more. But my point stands. Why would all the other Rider Worlds be AU and not Den-O? Even Hibiki, with its majority of the original cast returning, was AU. And Black RX's world is AU despite original appearances with the original lead actor and with the same villains, with one simple change being that he was always RX and never Black, and the only villains have been Crisis.
ImageImage
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Being AU doesn't just mean having recasts, the differences might not be as huge as that in the other worlds'. The guys did discover that there isn't just one AU for each rider's world. The only difference between this AU and that OU being that Ryotaro became younger. The OU Ryotaru should still be his old 19yo self.

Besides, the Imagin-tachi possessed Decade and the DiEnd summons, which weren't possible in the OU.

Also, anyone notice how the KAMEN RIDE voice was different when DiEnd summoned Ohja, Caucasus and G3? It sounded like he was in a hurry to fit all of those words within the time frame.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

garfield15 wrote: First I have to say that Sawaki Ruka makes a very convincing boy. (Sorry girls, but it's a trap! :P) I had read it in the papers that a girl was playing Yuu but I really had to see it. She's a great actress and I think she was a boy in another role she was in.
The he is a she?
Can someone back me up?

I have to say, great movie. Saraba might have been better but not in terms of comedy. notice that momo's was the only henshin sound that we heard (not counting new den-o, decade's kamen ride sound or daiki's new tone kamen ride sound) and maybe a dual or triple rider kick wasn't going to be easy because 3 riders 1 main experienced suit actor?
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

You guys take your Kamen Rider stuff so seriously. But then again, so does Smart Brain.

I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

KickHopper wrote:I said that Decade's storyline mandates that the RIDER Worlds be AU.
I still don't know if I think it's mandated. If the AU looks exactly like the OU, how would anyone tell the difference?
gh0stwrit3r wrote:The only difference between this AU and that OU being that Ryotaro became younger. The OU Ryotaru should still be his old 19yo self./quote]

He is 19 years old. They explain in the movie and TV series that he became younger because of the time distortion in a way similar to Hana becoming Kohana. Time distortions explain everything!
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:
Besides, the Imagin-tachi possessed Decade and the DiEnd summons, which weren't possible in the OU.

Also, anyone notice how the KAMEN RIDE voice was different when DiEnd summoned Ohja, Caucasus and G3? It sounded like he was in a hurry to fit all of those words within the time frame.
Yea its probably cause they were waving the check at him in the recording studio so he did it half assed :lol: jk but yea it sounded kinda off and not as cool as in the show.

But yea in the end, not surprised about the film especially about Decade and Diend not being there for more than 3 mins or less but it doesn't really make sense why Daiki would wanna go back to that world for the hell of it just to summon G3 Ohja and Caucasus.I mean Tsukasa brought back Sieg so that actually had a purpose for him traveling back briefly. Oh well it was good seeing those suits again anyway.

The story focusing more on Yuuto was a nice touch and change since everything was always about Ryoutarou. It still puzzles me how lil Ryoutarou just grows in size to be adult sized Den-O like how AU Kiva does it but oh wells.....
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”