Naglfar52
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Re: Chou Den-O and Decade movie released

Post by Naglfar52 »

Gif scrolls too fast... hard to read text. Ah, it's a Kiva reference! :D

Watchy time.

Alright!

There's not much to say here that hasn't already been said... but I was surprised that they suddenly got a new Ryoutarou. It's like what happened with Hana; I guess he just got tired of it.

The Decade stuff was scarce, but better than what happened with Climax Deka. Kaitou appearing to give out cameos and a different Kamen Ride voice clip seemed horribly out of place, but I like how the Imagin turned it to their advantage. And since when did Tsukasa know how to use the Magical Cleaning Barrier?

In the fighty department, we got quite a treat. We have the return of the Gun Mode Final Attack Ride, albeit only barely shown, two gorgeous Rider Kicks for Den-O, Chou Climax Form, some Vega-Strike Form that has a weapon that looks like Lance's for some reason, a pair of almost-Riders, more NEW Den-O, Ura-G3 (unspectacular style contrast, really), Kin-Caucasus (hysterical contrast) and Ryuu-Ohja (creepy-lulzy contrast). Seems Kintaros hasn't figured out the Clock Up system though. It's only too bad that these recent Den-O fight scenes are ridiculous melees that nobody gets too much screentime in, otherwise we'd actually have been able to see how strong Chou Climax Form is. The Rider Kick was pretty, but all of them have a tendency to kill things, you know?

Gao.
Last edited by Naglfar52 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm tough on the internet.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Sword Form got his own kick. And not only that it was Kabuto and Gatack's kicks. I really didn't think I'd see the Kabuto one again.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Owner didn't do his surprised flag fell face. :(
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

kaemmerite wrote:Oh yeah, and where was Yuusuke in all of this? He was just hanging out at the photo studio? I mean, they couldn't even put him in for two seconds while they were in there? Ah well.
Probably recovering from the Final Attack Ride that he was put through in Den-O world.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I'm still convinced this is AU Den-O >.>

Ignoring that, this was an epic flick. I thought it would be like Climax Deka, but it was SO MUCH MORE. Just, ah! So much epic. And I'm glad my theories way beck when on a Vega Form Den-O were correct in a way. At least in terms of the weapon he uses.

Also, hurray for more recycled suits from Toei
ImageImage
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

garfield15 wrote:I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Sword Form got his own kick. And not only that it was Kabuto and Gatack's kicks. I really didn't think I'd see the Kabuto one again.
Yes! That combo kick is my favourite kick so far :D
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

an awesome rider movie with the unexpected arms monsters from Kiva and the obvious jokes and gags from Den-O.

My favorite moment when Yuuto and Toki had that conversation about she resembles of his late mother was very touching.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

gao~
Twitter
iamawesome.com
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I'm still convinced this is AU Den-O >.>

Based on what? There's no evidence that

>Also, hurray for more recycled suits from Toei

Yeah, the Japanese actually have a good pic showing that the silver Oni costume is a reworking of The Next's V3
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Man, Matsuda Kenji(Jirou/Zanki) just can't get away from Kamen Rider. Although I'm guessing this was filmed around the same time as the hibiki episodes?

I'm not sure how I feel about Goldra and Silvra. They're kinda pushing the boundaries of what is and isn't a rider, and they don't fit in with the established Den-O rider aesthetic.
They're still cool looking. I hope we get Figuarts of them eventually.(though, a Figuarts of Super Climax Form would be even better)
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Yea... This has got to be non-AU Den-O... Too bad for Decade though. This film is as much his as Climax Deka was a Kiva film XP

Over all though I still really enjoyed it and all it's silly cameos.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

PHurricane wrote:I wasn't expecting the Kiva cameos. I knew that the actors had a cameo, but I wasn't expecting them to definitively state that they were the Arms Monsters. I'm not sure I want to try to puzzle out what universe they're from.
Well seeing as Den-O and Kiva are the same world as evidenced in Climax Deka...
takenoko wrote:>I'm still convinced this is AU Den-O >.>
Based on their world fading as shown the... last or second to last episode of Decade I believe. Den-O world fades away in the photo album just like the other AUs.

It's just that AU Den-O World is pretty much a near exact copy of the original Den-O world.

I liked how Goldra and Silvra are based off of Ichigo+Nigo, and V3.
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

What a crazy Movie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IS SUPER AWESOME¡¡¡¡¡

That Momotaro´s New Catch frase souns like a Commercial for Decade´s Sword. XDDDD

By the way talking abaut mix two different worlds.

Looks who apear in Onechambara Vortex World.

Spoiler
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by boukenbluekiva on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

SwordHero1 wrote:
PHurricane wrote:I wasn't expecting the Kiva cameos. I knew that the actors had a cameo, but I wasn't expecting them to definitively state that they were the Arms Monsters. I'm not sure I want to try to puzzle out what universe they're from.
Well seeing as Den-O and Kiva are the same world as evidenced in Climax Deka...
takenoko wrote:>I'm still convinced this is AU Den-O >.>
Based on their world fading as shown the... last or second to last episode of Decade I believe. Den-O world fades away in the photo album just like the other AUs.

It's just that AU Den-O World is pretty much a near exact copy of the original Den-O world.

I liked how Goldra and Silvra are based off of Ichigo+Nigo, and V3.
Agreed. Climax Deka is also AU. Based on what? I shall explain as best I can on how I see it...

As far as the Den-O movies go, Ore Tanjou is obviously OU as it was included as part of the series. Saraba was OU as it continued exactly where the series ended essentially, with no mention of the Fangire or the gang working as a detective agency to solve crimes. We get the Imagin coming back to Ryotaro's time as Owner said there was a disturbance in time. They then claim to want to "pay Ryotaro a visit as it's been awhile," where if Climax Deka had been OU, they appeared to continue working together to keep solving odd mysteries, and I'm fairly certain that they would have been around for Kiva if their universes coexisted since I'm certain Owner would be like "There's this magical door through time that the Fangire have, and someone just stepped through it. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN! GET RYOTARO, WE'RE GOING NAGO HUNTING!"

Also, continuity wise, if you notice, it's the original Denliner, with NEW Denliner interior. Now I'm sure perhaps they might decide to change the interior now and then, or heck maybe that's the middle point of updating the Denliner and NEW Denliner is the end product. But I honestly feel it makes more sense for it to be AU. It's just incredibly close to the OU. It's not like this hasn't happened before, with an AU movie being incredibly close to the OU series.

It's also entirely possible that it's not an alternate universe, but a split time line, kinda like what happened in Back To The Future, but it still doesn't explain the presence of Kiva characters appearing in Den-O universe. Unless you're willing to admit that Den-O and Kiva exist in the same universe, this is an alternate universe. And yes one could say "it's just a cameo appearence," but again, you have Climax Deka to link it to.

And then again on top of that, the storyline of Decade pretty much mandates that all the worlds he visited were not the "proper universes" and that he was supposed to kill off the false/alternate worlds' Riders. And then that leaves for the real Den-O to show up with the other Riders at the finale of Decade to kill of Tsukasa for not doing his job.
ImageImage
AnimeFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O, Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Sakurada Dori
Favorite Band: ON/OFF
My boom: Vocaloid
Quote: Omae, boku ni tsuraretemiru?

Post by AnimeFan »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Owner didn't do his surprised flag fell face. :(
They probably had to cut it out to give the Decade cast a bit more screen time :)

Great movie, one of my favorite parts was when everyone was panicking when the Denliner was taking on water.

K-timing the ending song was hard with the overlapping dialog, so I used the mp3 to K-time most of the song :D

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”