Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Chou Den-O and Decade movie released

Post by takenoko »

KickHopper wrote:Said a bunch of stuff.
So it's AU because they're using the original DenLiner as opposed to the blue one from Saraba?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

@The argument about if it's the OU or AU Den-O world

... You people worry too much about it. Repeat after me "It's just a show, I should really just relax"... Sorry, felt I had to XP

MST3K referencing aside, I would like to argue that this and Climax Deka are part of the original Den-O universe, mainly by poking holes in some previous points brought up.

About them never mentioning the Fangire or Kiva of the gang again... Why would they? Aside from the small group of rouge imagine it was a one off thing. The Fangire aren't their concern since they're sticking to the natural progression of time (aside from those couple of episodes but never mind that). While all Kamen Riders tend to be counted as 'Warriors of Justice who fight any monster that appears before them'... Really I would think the Heisei Era ones wouldn't care a lick about any monster that wasn't their type. Sure a lot of the Riders of this era are nice guy types but really if there's someone already fighting them, and they owe them no favor most of them wouldn't stick their necks out. Kabuto wouldn't care about Orphenocs, Faiz wouldn't care about Worms, and i don't think Den-O really cared about the Fangire.

Well aside from it being OU or AU, at least this movie and Climax Deka seem to be in the same continuum, I mean you all heard what our favorite last surviving werewolf shouted at them. Now i know I'm gonna have Kiva buffs on my ass about something like 'his tribe was killed off much later' or 'they didn't know each other back then', but again I quote the mantra of MST3K ... It's just a show (okay a movie, alright two movies but they are purely based on TV shows), and all of us should really just relax.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Avatar_of_Chaos »

the movie was defiantly worth the wait. now my theory I think it is set still in the AU Den-O world, mostly cause Hana remembered Tsukasa.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Kogashi wrote:... You people worry too much about it. Repeat after me "It's just a show, I should really just relax"... Sorry, felt I had to XP

The original post is just two up, you don't need to quote the whole thing if you're not going to respond to it -take
So we're not allowed to discuss the nature/backstory of a show/movie because you say so? I'm perfectly "relaxed". I don't get super heated and start huffing and puffing in front of my computer. I just sit back and type out my thoughts.

As for your rebuttal, that doesn't necessarily prove that it is OU. And we can agree that Chou and Climax Deka are in the same continuum. But when you were arguing over the point of it being OU, you forgot one thing that I had mentioned. This movie is part of the Decade continuity, and as such when considering the nature of the worlds that Decade visits, it must be an alternate universe from the original Den-O. As explained before, the Den-O photos were among the faded out "fake worlds that are now destroyed" photos. And then of course all but Original Kuga showing up in the end to kill Decade (why no Original Kuga, we'll never know).
ImageImage
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

KickHopper wrote: Claimes to be perfectly "relaxed" while likely getting annoyed at what I had said earlier.
Dude, you're getting worked up over a joke I made...

Besides why should it being related to the Decade series automatically make it AU? For all we know yes that was the Alternate Den-O world, and then Original Den-O flew in through a tear in Space and Time. Who knows? It's not like it'd be the first plot hole the original team fell into.

And to this whole argument of 'oh well, it's AU but it's extremely close to the OU... It just isn't though', that just seems like nit picking so it works out the way you want it to, that's to everyone who argues either sides... Least I would say it applies to either side but no one on the OU side can really make that argument can they? I say if it's voiced by a duck and features all the canon ducks, it's the original duck as appose to a different duck with nearly exactly the same feathers, habits, and quack that was a terribly analogy and I apologize for that but hopefully you'll get what I mean.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I agree, just because it's Decade doesn't mean it's necessarily AU since we don't know exactly how Decade fits into the grand scheme of things yet

Also, naming is very important to identifying Decade's alternate worlds. Alternate world characters frequently spell their names with katakana, usually consisting of just one name.

If we look at the cast credits, we see most of the names that should be in kanji spelled in kanji. No smokes or mirrors there. Even the Arms Monsters have the same names as when they were in Kiva.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Nitpicking never seems to help with Den-O movies. The writers can always blame it on the time distortion. How are the Arm Monsters are in the past? Time distortion. Why can Tsukasa travel at will through dimensions when he never does in the show? Time distortion. How was DenLiner moving to catch Momotaros and DenBird in the air without DenBird powering DenLiner? Time distortion. That's how you deal with annoying questions from fans at conventions and other publicity events.

Owner is quite sinister with his deep voice. I don't know why I haven't noticed that aspect before. Yuu has a lot of guts to stare him in the eyes without wavering.

I was so creeped out when Urajirou seduced that old lady.

I'm surprised the Kuchihiko kept his word during the hostage trade. It seemed strange that Ryoutarou didn't want any guarantees for Kotarou's release.

Having Kuchihiko's cape waving in the non-existent wind while riding DenBird was hilarious for looking so campy.

I was hoping that KingLiner would actually make an appearance since it barely got any screentime on the show. It would've made a cool addition to the battle with Kirifuda.

Deneb sitting behind Momotaros on DenBird is just wrong because they grunt and struggle to get DenLiner back on the tracks.

Urataros was especially funny wearing a shower cap and holding a bath brush while DenLiner was taking on water.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I just assumed the Kiva monsters were there because they're long-lived as such monsters are wont to be
ultrakill
Go Go!

Post by ultrakill »

I didn't watch the Den-O series but seeing this movie makes me want to watch it. A lot of characters and info had me confused. Like, I wanted to know how Ryoutarou became younger and etc. I'm not quite done yet, but I must say that the Imagin's are freakin' hilarious in this movie. They all just mess with each other during battle. And their hate for Seig is too amusing.

And I like that Silvra's suit resemble's a prehistoric V1. That was badass.
(edit: oh supposed to be v3? still badass)

And Yuu's a little brat. I wanted to punch it.
[edit2:... I'm probably not as wowed as those that follow the story but that was a good twist)
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:I just assumed the Kiva monsters were there because they're long-lived as such monsters are wont to be
Not really. Jirou said he was "the last of the Wolfen race", but in Kiva we only see the Wolfen race being wiped out by Rook in 1986. So probably the space-time distortion flung them back in them?

This was a pretty hilarious show I guess. And like any other Den-O show, it makes you go WTF at times. And seeing Kamen Rider G3 being possessed by Ura and being feminine, along with a childish Ryuu-Ouja was just weird. And it's funny they didn't bring Sato Takeru back for the movie. I guess kid actors are cheaper than adult actors in Japan?

*Man, studying for exams has placed a kick on my brain.
Last edited by zeta_gundam on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

King doesn't kill the Wolfen race, that was Rook. And we don't know that it happens in 1986.

And Ura didn't possess Ouja, that was Ryuu
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Look! It's a show that's still making money 2 years after it aired! A genuine cash cow! How rare!

WE MUST MILK IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH. SCREW CONTINUITY, I WANT CASH!
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Ever since Den-O was released in 2007 same time of one anime I love to death Deathnote They still make money on the franchise.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Okay full review time.

While Den-O's world was not my favorite one of the trips that Tsukasa took, it was one of the more memorable ones just for the reason that they were setting up for the eventual movie. Obviously, like everyone else, I'm waiting for All Riders release but I always kept in the back of my mind that I wanted to see what happened after that arc.

Okay so, Chou Den-O....and whoever that pink guy is. Clearly he wasn't important in this movie. I was very suprised with the beginning (and the rest of the movie actually) focusing on Yuu. First I have to say that Sawaki Ruka makes a very convincing boy. (Sorry girls, but it's a trap! :P) I had read it in the papers that a girl was playing Yuu but I really had to see it. She's a great actress and I think she was a boy in another role she was in. Anyway, second, I liked how Yuu and Deneb completely hit it off like Yuuto did, luckily without the abuse. I guess the only thing I didn't like was that Yuu did not transform throughout the entire movie or that Zeronos did not appear at all but I was able to deal.

Now as for chibi-Ryoutarou, his actor was also very good. (One thing I do enjoy about Den-O is that the actors/voice actors for ths series are very convicing and good at what they do) He was able to convey properly that it really was Ryoutarou shrunk down again. Loved when he was about to be possesed by Momo and he says "Your hair will stand up." Which leads me to my third thing.

I think Toei has been on a bit of a continuity high because sometimes they seemed to like it and do funny things with it and other times, they seem to just not give a crap. But who cares! It's toku. Some highlights were Ryou explaining how DenLiner worked (because I'm 90% sure they hadn't said it before or at least specifically. I think I read it on wikipedia so that's how I knew) and MomoTsukasa's transfomation looking like Den-O's. Even Station Master appearing. These were all excellent treats. Oh and of course Urajirou, Kinriki and Ryuumon (totally made those last two names up) were just so win. That's something I'm glad they didn't spoil. This somewhat further proves the theory that Kiva is in Den-O's world and that Climax Deka is canon but I won't get into that now. Funny thing is that Kin totally fits Riki and Ryuuta obviously with Ramon but there is no way I could have seen Kenji playing the flirty bishounen (nice glasses by the way). Great cameo moment.

I liked that there was more fighting in this one as opposed to Saraba which had like two full fights (Though, that was probably because they saved all the time for the fight at the end). And while I'm thinking of fighting, what the hell was Daiki doing? Did he really just show up so that he could be a total douche? Just throw three Riders in there and leave just for the lolz? Because I really think that's why he did that. I would have at least liked a double DCD/DND Final Attack Ride so that they both could have shot their lasers.

And so Decade. Again, I did not like the fact that he only shows up for ten minutes but I did like the fact that I feel he did more than Wataru did just simply because Tsukasa was just owning Sieg face and getting possesed. Though I thought they would have done a Double Rider Kick together with Chou Climax Form but oh well. Maybe the CGI wings were enough (did those things stick out or what?)

Everyone else was in top form. I'm rather neutral on Goldra and Silvra. But these movies do need villains. I just felt that was the only reason they were there is all. Then again, I felt the same way about Ga-Oh and Nega Den-O too so meh.

So yeah. Actually was a lot better than I thought. Really wish Kuuga had shown up but this actually didn't leave any plotholes and was enjoyable to watch. Of course, this is part of a series I suppose so on to Den-O Movie 5! (Right after 3 more Decade movies of course :P )
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Lunagel wrote:Look! It's a show that's still making money 2 years after it aired! A genuine cash cow! How rare!

WE MUST MILK IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH. SCREW CONTINUITY, I WANT CASH!
The Climax never ends!
Arigomi wrote:Nitpicking never seems to help with Den-O movies. The writers can always blame it on the time distortion.
But it's fun to come up with semi-canon explanations!

How are the Arm Monsters are in the past? Time distortion.
They're immortal demons!
Why can Tsukasa travel at will through dimensions when he never does in the show? Time distortion.
Umm.. He got the gist of it after watching Daiki do it a couple times.
How was DenLiner moving to catch Momotaros and DenBird in the air without DenBird powering DenLiner? Time distortion.
Momentum? (But, then again, why didn't Momo and Denbird splatter into million pieces on the back wall of the cockpit?)
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”