Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

How time is restored with the singularity point

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

I had a discussion with a friend who couldn't completely grasp how time was restored. While I tried to explain it to him, he said he might understand it better in writing, so I thought I'd post it here for my thoughts on this. Please read it in earnest.

Firstly, we need to define what the singularity points are. In general, singularity points are beings that exist outside of time. Should there be any abnormal changes that would occur, the singularity point is, for the most part, unaffected by these changes. Even if this person were to be killed in the past, his or her present self will remain as if he were still alive. Memories that a singularity point has is also kept intact as a result, which is significant when it comes to restoring any changes that occurred during a point in time. However, these things aren't 100% absolute - it's been shown that, if there were some extremities to the stream of time, even a singularity point would be affected. These include being affected by Zeronos cards, or perhaps a possibility that a singularity point can't restore a point in time as quickly if the damage is harsh enough, just like Hana's time. These are all explained in the show. However, we can safely say that a singularity point is a "safe" that keeps hold of memories that are completely unaffected. I won't go into the relationships between singularity points and Imagin, since it's not relevant to this discussion.

So how is time restored? As Owner explained in the series, memories are time itself. As long as the memory exists in time, it can be restored if any abnormal changes to time occur, such as the chaotic destruction that Imagin tend to cause. For the most part, a singularity point isn't even needed. As long as the Imagin is destroyed, the memories of the people who survived can "revive" the lives lost as well as reverse the destruction caused.

But what about the complete destruction of that point in time? How does a singularity point restore time? My answer is simply this: even if the singularity point were the only one left, his memories will first restore all the people that he's known in his life. When revived, the memories of these people will revive others that haven't been revived by the singularity point, and a chain reaction occurs that eventually restores time to its normal stream.

It should be noted that if everyone is completely wiped out, including the singularity point itself, the point of destruction will never be restored because there are no memories that can restore it. Just because the singularity point is a safe for memories to restore time doesn't make this person immortal. This may have been significant in why Hana's time disappeared. However, my own theory as well is that because Hana was still alive, her time would eventually be restored, though it would take some time to do so. In fact, Kai and Hana, both singularity points of different futures, stood in each other's way. Kai's future couldn't exist until Hana was dead, and this situation was probably the same the other way around.

There were also odd cases like the Piano Man, Yuuto's death, and Kai's destruction of time on January 10th. However, the show does its part to try to explain this, and I just wanted to go over how I felt time was restored.

Discuss.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: How time is restored with the singular point

Post by takenoko »

I didn't read your whole thing, but here's my theory.

Basically, it's simple geometry. A singular point is basically a point. You need a minimum of two points to define a line. Time is that line. Even if the Imagin destroy the past (imagine taking an eraser and creating a discontinuity on the line) the fact that the singular point's memory still exists allows the line to be reconstructed.

But time isn't restored just because of singular points, it also is restored by everyone else in the timeline who remembers the events of the past.

The reason it's important for Hana to be a singular point is because everyone else in her timeline was wiped out, so they weren't able to restore the past by themselves. They had to rely on Hana to do that for them.
Liner_Form
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Too creepy to answer
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Liner_Form »

Two points do indeed define a line. But if the singularity point is one point, what defines that other point in that line? And to be specific, is it a line segment?

The segment theory is because this a hypothetical situation I've been thinking of since Hana was revealed to be the SP from Ryotarou's future. If Ryotarou was killed along with his time, would Hana and her time still exist? Time could be a continuation of different line segments at different angles (since Ryotarou's future could have branched to Kai's time as well)
Exia_Striker
Infinity
Favorite series: 仮面ライダー555、仮面ライダーカブト
Dreamy: 瀬戸康史 (冗談!!)
Favorite Band: UVERworld, 宇多田ヒカル

Post by Exia_Striker »

I don't think Ryotaro was even in Hana's time. I think it was because he didn't remember about the baby. Now I'm so confused. lol
gutterboy
Infinity
Favorite series: Kimi Wa Petto
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kaneshiro

Post by gutterboy »

It's posts like these that make me start to question how much of the show I actually understood, lol.

Here's a crazy theory that I thought of a few times but never voiced. Maybe we weren't supposed to look that much into it? I'm not saying anyone's theory is right or wrong, but maybe in doing so we might come across a change in the story or a part of the story that wasn't well written and throws everything off.

Then again, I could be thinking this way because in high school I made friends with a guy who'd ask me "what's going on?" in every movie we've ever watched, even if I hadn't seen it either, and it's been 10 years later and he still does it. >.<
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm with gutterboy on this one. We tend to make this more complex than it actually is.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

If people want to pose theories and discuss it, there's really no harm in that. There's no real reason to discourage people from discussing it
gutterboy
Infinity
Favorite series: Kimi Wa Petto
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kaneshiro

Post by gutterboy »

I didn't mean to discourage it at all. I've just noticed that there are some shows out there that the more you question them, the more it takes away from it. Then there's stuff out there like Evangelion that only makes sense when you have discussions about it. Personally, I find Den-O to be sort of in the middle. For me it did require a little bit of thinking to iron out the whole timeline part, but when I felt I understood enough I stopped going into it further.
zeronos_potato_form
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saki
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by zeronos_potato_form »

Since the memories of a singular point can create a chain effect, but Hana can't. I shall try to explain. In the futher, there is 2 Singular point. Hana's time is impossible as kai come and disrupt the time line. this cause all people in hana time to be 'wipe out'. however. hana is a singular point, so she is no wiped out, but timeline is not restored as it is link to kai futher instead. Kai's timeline is destroy because he died because the link (i think) between him and the death imagin when help arrive from outside time. Therefor, Den-O and Zeronos can intercept Kai and try to link to Hana futher as information come from the further. When kai is defeated and time is restored for hana, kai dies as he cannot exsist. This should explain how singular point can sometimes restore time.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

My take on the Hana situation is that her time could not come back because Kai existed.

Both Hana and Kai are singularity points that belong in different times, but to the same frame. In other words, the existence of either contradicts the other. Neither of their times can truly exist until the other is erased. When Kai was erased, Hana's time could be fully restored.
WhiteAsh
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Nogami Ryoutarou
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa
Favorite Band: Anything fun

Post by WhiteAsh »

Dengar wrote:My take on the Hana situation is that her time could not come back because Kai existed.

Both Hana and Kai are singular points that belong in different times, but to the same frame. In other words, the existence of either contradicts the other. Neither of their times can truly exist until the other is erased. When Kai was erased, Hana's time could be fully restored.
That's the theory I believe myself. :D
From Beginning to End... Den-O is at a CLIMAX!
Momotaros Urataros Kintaros Ryuutaros Deneb Sieg
QCers: When it's not always RUFFIANS all the way. :D

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”