A few quick storyline questions (spoilers)

Trains and masked devils!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

A few quick storyline questions (spoilers)

Post by kaemmerite »

Hey guys, I just finished watching the last three episodes of Den-O tonight. I really liked it, but I'm a bit confused on some points of the storyline. These have probably been answered elsewhere, and I admit I'm kind of dense so maybe some things are really obvious but I'm somehow overlooking them. Here are my questions though.

1. The episode where the Imagin flew to the past and killed the past Yuuto, causing him to disappear. How exactly did he come back? I know there was a line that was something like "Yuuto's actions were erased but Zeronos's weren't" but if Yuuto IS Zeronos wouldn't that mean he got wiped too?

2. In the final episodes, the Taros have physical forms outside of DenLiner. The odd thing is the show makes a point of mentioning this and how it's weird, but never really explains why they do as far as I know. My theory is that it's related to Ryotaro's wish about "I wish for you all to fight with me in the coming year" or something like that, which gave them physical forms. Is that right or am I missing something else?

3. These last two are related and probably the most confusing to me and heaviest on the plot (the other two are just interesting things that I can accept, and move on without much confusion). The first is, how did they make Ryotaro forget about the baby? They say "We have to make you forget" but don't really explain HOW, especially since Ryotaro is supposed to be unaffected by time changes, so the Zeronos cards couldn't have played a part (besides, if they had they would've wiped his memory of Sakurai as well as the baby, but he remembers Sakurai so that can't possibly be it).

4. So okay, they made him forget about the baby, which is why when the world was restored after Kai blowing it up, Airi wasn't pregnant. That makes enough sense, but in Ryotaro's memory Sakurai was Airi's fiance. So if the world was rebuilt with his memories, why did Airi forget? In his memories she was still engaged to him, even if he did forget about the baby. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the Zeronos cards, that even though the world was restored with Ryotaro's memories, that the Zeronos card effects of causing people to forget Yuuto is stronger, which would explain why he remembers but Airi doesn't. Is that far off or is there another explanation that I'm missing?

5. Just remembered one last one while I was writing this. They state the reason the Taros were still around (Deneb too) even after the other Imagin disappeared was that all their memories of each other were strong enough to keep them around. That makes sense, and I have no problem with that...but if so, why were they starting to disappear before the final battle? If their memories were so strong then they never should have been in danger of disappearing, right? I can sort of accept that it was a plot device used to heighten the emotional impact of what was going on, but it still doesn't really explain why they were evaporating before and are suddenly perfectly fine after.

Anyway, sorry for asking so many questions, and like I said, I'm sure that there are probably some really obvious answers that I probably missed going through it. But I thank you for your help all the same. Now off to Kiva.
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Re: A few quick storyline questions (spoilers)

Post by SwordHero1 »

1. Yuuto is not a singularity point. However, he survives because of Zeronos's power. His services as a Rider protects him from being erased.

3. I think because of that shock of when he saw himself and fainted made him forget.

4. That's correct

That's all I can really respond to. Sorry I couldn't be that much help.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

As for the Imagin outside of the Den Liner, Kintaros used the wish thing to obtain physical form (Of course, using the usual Imagin 'I'm not going to do your wish exactly criteria'), so perhaps it was implied to be the same for the rest of the Imagin? The thing that confuses me is that Ryutaros states that Kintaros cannot board the Den Liner again on account of the fact he has a physical form, yet at the end of the next episode, both Momo and Ryu can board it, WTF?

Whoops, accidentally added more questions.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That's usually the excuse, the Toku Wizard. Although, this is Kamen Rider and we all know who is to blame for any unexplainable in the world of Kamen Rider...

*Insert Onore Decade here*
triassicranger
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by triassicranger »

Catastrophe wrote:Kintaros cannot board the Den Liner again on account of the fact he has a physical form.
Had that actually been said in an episode prior to episode 40-whenever (that Imagins with physical from cannot board the Den Liner)? When I saw that episode I thought "Did I miss something?"
We know that you can hear us Earth men...
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

That, and it would contradict the majority of Ore Tanjou, as Gaoh's Imagin band had physical forms.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Gaoh's Imagin could've made a contract with him that allowed them physical bodies in the present (hey, look at Kai).
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

I know that, but what I mean is if physical bodied Imagin can't get on Den-Liner, then they wouldn't be able to be on it. And for that matter, Deneb wouldn't be allowed on either.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Hence the reasoning that the crew would be unable to pick Kintaros up again is flawed. Perhaps it was added in last minute to make the whole thing more dramatic.
HystericalParoxysm
Douchebag. Never unban!
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Dreamy: Rina Koike
Favorite Actor?: 武田 航平
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Final Fantasy Series
Quote: Give It Up, You Can't Win.

Post by HystericalParoxysm »

(I'm Probably Necro-Ing)

To my Opinion.
The whole Series half way through.
Started Listening to it's Laws.
but it was Tipsy Turny on the whole Imajin Laws.
If you catch my Drift.
NAZCA!~
carter
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by carter »

The answer to question 2: The Taros shared the same ticket as Ryotaro when they do not have a physical form. If you have a physical form, you will need the ticket to board the train. Deneb and Yuuto have their own 'ticket' for being a rider, assuming the same ticket allow you to board any time train.
Frøg

Post by Frøg »

Just finished the series proper itself. From what I see, being a Singularity Point does not make you immune to the effect of the Zeronos cards. Instead, it makes you partially resistant to the effects. Becoming Den-O probably strengthen that effect, thus he never forgot anything after that.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”