Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Den-O Movie released

Post by takenoko »

http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=16966#p16966

Kouga beat you to it by about a day, plus he used the specified thread just for those kinds of issues.
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin."

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

A Deneb special candy to those who can properly count how many Nogami Ryotaro there are in that movie.
ImageImage
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

takenoko wrote:That's weird. It's not like he had a group of dancers in the TV series. [/sarcasm]
I'm so proud! You remembered the sarcasm tag!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

There was special guests? I didn't see that. You mean only for voice part or also for acting part? Now I know why one actor seemed so familiar...lol.

I love the end part of the movie. Now Ryou can remember parents' face instead of looking at picture or forgetting. I wish that someone will do that for me too. Having a memory like that would be truly precious.

Also, watching all five riders get bombed by mere one rider...wow, just wow.

Those two scenes were pretty powerful scenes for me.

That little Ryou is pretty cool for being a child. All throughout the movie, I feel like Seig is pretty much random thing, and even others treated him like one. lol
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

weeee a BIG thanks to you guys!!..^_^
HUH?!?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

That's because Sieg WAS there randomly. Which in my opinion suits him. Not that anyone hates him, but no one in the series really likes him. But he's the only one who could possess Ryoutarou at the time, so he's sort of a plot device. Still, his precense and the attitude of the others was funny enough.
SiegeDragomon
Honey System
Favorite series: Stargate Atlantis
Dreamy: Azrael
Favorite Actor?: Yes I like Cheese
Favorite Band: HarkleFarkle
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by SiegeDragomon »

Thanks again guys, i would not be nearly as nerdy as i could be if not all these subs.

you win one hundred internets
Sometimes it's best to just go along with it and avoid the explosions, other times it's fun to be the one with the detonator and an evil laugh.
ardzeii
Favorite series: Dekaranger,555
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by ardzeii »

Thanks for this excellent release, T-N Staff!

... You know, I was really waiting for Wing Form to throw a Proper Blank at the defeated Imagin after his full charge attack. :D (sorry, I just can't help but comment on this, I just finished watching Blade yesterday)
noxid
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by noxid »

Ore Sanjou, Ore Tanjou, Ore Danjou!

Too bad they did not explain more of Ryoutarou's random kidnapping the the series...

ORE! GANO! take that!
Darien_Shields
7X

Post by Darien_Shields »

(forgive me if I get a little verbose. Talking a lot is my way of showing appreciation. Honest!)

Spoiler
Ahhh, finally the Den-O Movie, and answers to all those questions that sprung up after episode 27. The CGI is so pretty after watching the series, it's a real treat. I'm surprised they didn't sneak some of it out for use in the series (there are so many shots of Den-O just driving along time, you'd have thought they could borrow some... I guess it could be a bit jarring.)

Overall while it was a very enjoyable release I'm a little disappointed by a few questions that remain unanswered. I'm hoping the Director's Cut will fill in these areas, but I'm doubtful, since Den-O in general seemed to have a lot of "don't think too hard" aspects to its plot, preferring simple fun over a grandiose story. Particularly I wanted a little backstory on Gaou. What I picked up from the pre-release bumf was that he was a Kamen Rider from the Tokugawa Era (although if he comes from the time they travelled to in the film, it's more like end of Heisei, warring states time). However, how did he wind up in the 2000s? How does he know about God's Line and God's Train? Where did he get his belt, and how does he henshin withou an Imajin? (I know that Zeronos can do this too, but it seems that doing a gattai with an Imajin is the most common way...) Like I said, I doubt these questions will be put to rest in the Director's Cut, but it'd be nice. They did see fit to throw in some backstory for God's Train, but that only confused me more. So... some Aztec/Inca king built a time travelling train? Wow, I guess they had even better technology than we thought!

In the end I find Ore Tanjo to be a lot like the Den-O series, a little lacking in depth and complexity, but whimsical and enjoyable. The angle with Ryoutarou's parents was a nice touch. I have to ask, though, was I the only one who thought that his dad was going to eat him?! His expression was terrifying! Anyway, I'm really pleased that they worked it into the series rather well, and hope that Kiva or other series follow this example (especially a more serious series- like Kiva- where they could really use the extra time and budget to pull off something that really contributes to the story).

Also, did anyone else notice Ryoutarou's T-Shirt? I was just watching through and suddenly went "Huh. Is that a naked woman?" He seems to be wearing a "Mustang Ranch, Quality Control Supervisor" shirt, with a naked woman lounging on the logo. For such a reserved guy, he seems to have slightly risque taste in T-Shirts!
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer

Post by guile_bio »

I finished the movie yesterday, and saw
Spoiler
That Momo has never done 2 Full Charges before....why hasn't he ever done in the series? It'd be epic if he did, but too late.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Kamen Rider Aranu wrote:A Deneb special candy to those who can properly count how many Nogami Ryotaro there are in that movie.
My answer: 1
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin."

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

Silent_X wrote:
Kamen Rider Aranu wrote:A Deneb special candy to those who can properly count how many Nogami Ryotaro there are in that movie.
My answer: 1
Wrong! Well, they are all the same Ryo but that's not how I ment it
ImageImage
densetsu_x
7X

Post by densetsu_x »

Well there was:

1: the Ryoutarou that everyone knows and loves who suffered amnesia
2: Kotaro (?) ... anyway, that would be "Mini-Me" who became Mini-Den-O.
3,4,5: The 3 Yuuto went Pedo on, brought back to the past, and that the Taros used for the Climax.
and I think there would be
6: Baby Ryoutarou (at the very end).

That should cover it.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

It was cool... Kind of messy with stuff like Sieg and some things, but good. Couldn't help but feel slightly let down with some of the action though.

Still, I really liked having some more character development to Ryoutarou. Nice thing to have in a canon movie.

Also was cool recognising Gaou from GARO and the princess' bodyguard from playing Tadokoro in Kabuto. But I'm sure I recognised at least one other face from elsewhere, the princess and maybe someone else?

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”