NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Now, Here's Something That Previous KRs Didn't Get

Post by Sho-saka »

Den-O gets the Synergy Award at the the second Seiyu Awards. No, I'm not kidding, it's really true. And you thought only voice actors in anime could get one. Well, okay. Pokemon got that, but wow, I never expected Den-O to bag an award and an honour for that! O_O

Source: Seiyu Award Official Website

And in other news, Suzuken (Ryuutaros' Seiyu) gets the award for Best Radio Personality this year. He was also nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role at last year's Seiyu Awards for Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club, as well as Miki Shinichiro-san's nomination for Best Actor in a Leading Role in Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars as Date Ryuusei.

And if you don't believe me that Den-O gets such a high honourable award, here's proof to show you:

Source: http://atemonai.blogspot.com/2008/03/2n ... sults.html
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Re: Now, Here's Something That Previous KRs Didn't Get

Post by Bauffie »

Well I'm quite glad that Den-O won the Synergy Award even though I have no idea what that award stands for. Their work in Den-O deserved recognition, that's for sure.

I'm just still in shock after seeing the winners of the other categories. Motteke Sailor Fuku won for best song? They let the audience vote but I wonder what difference would there be if they didn't. I like the blogger's introduction. None of the people I voted for won, except for Suzuken.
Last edited by Bauffie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I'm guessing this is an award recognizing exemplary voice work?
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Yep, you read my mind back.

And while some of the winners are okay (OK, I think someone rigged Hirano Aya in the Best Actress catergory this year), the only award that shocked right out of me is Den-O getting such an award that only anime shows that lasted longer for the past five or ten years (like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto) could get that. Plus, this is the first time I've seen that a Toku show gets an award!

Well, this is the second time the Seiyu Awards has been hosted.
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

Sure, Hirano did an excellent job portraying Konata and such but... there's not only Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star in this world. The role could be an honorable mention for the actress but it wasn't enough to say that she was the BEST leading actress of 2007. I mean, they put Motteke Sailor Fuku as best song(well, it's an award for singers). Uh, perhaps something's really wrong here.
Hey look people, this song is the best song that japanese voice actors could produce in 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47TVULngVF8

Guess who's gonna win in 2008 with Suzumiya Haruhi season 2 coming out soon? :0000
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

Well Den-o's really the onli kr series that made me laughed out soooo loud! They deserve the award!
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

Bauffie wrote:Sure, Hirano did an excellent job portraying Konata and such but... there's not only Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star in this world. The role could be an honorable mention for the actress but it wasn't enough to say that she was the BEST leading actress of 2007. I mean, they put Motteke Sailor Fuku as best song(well, it's an award for singers). Uh, perhaps something's really wrong here.
Hey look people, this song is the best song that japanese voice actors could produce in 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47TVULngVF8

Guess who's gonna win in 2008 with Suzumiya Haruhi season 2 coming out soon? :0000
Come on now, both are great series, and that theme has gained infamy with almost everyone who's even heard of anime. They have to give some credit to popularity.
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

I wasn't blaming the series(which I loved very much btw), I was only blaming the disguised democracy. It is just like the blogger from Sho-saka's link: "Best Male/Female Seiyuu awards should be renamed Best Kadokawa-show Seiyuu Award."

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”