Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Chou Den-O Episode Red released

Post by Leonite Rider »

I cried at the end, it was nice romance/tragedy mix.

Any other comment I could say has been said.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
DekaPrime
Adventure
Favorite series: Den-o/DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger/Kiva
Dreamy: MagiBlue
Favorite Band: AKFG
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Rider Belts

Post by DekaPrime »

pretty good movie. I'm wondering about the kid version of Ryotaro myself. I remember he got knocked back to being a kid in an earlier movie but they don't seem to explain why every one just accepts him as younger. Also it sounded like the grown up Ryotaro in the first part of the movie. Although I am liking the continuation of this show I really do hope it ends with this. It's starting to get a little much.

SD version has previews at the end for Blue and Yellow. . . .no subbs for either preview. not sure if this was done on purpose just figured I would bring to ya'lls attention. Other then that wonderfully subbed once again. I figure with the "Climax That Never Ends" you guys could almost subb Den-O in your sleep.
Don't hotlink your avatar

Jesus Saves
Cthulhu Eats
Choose Wisely :twisted:

Spoiler
Made You Look
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

garfield15 wrote:The MOTW was very entertaining to watch, but he just felt so small of an enemy for an actual movie. Now, I think that is because the actual crazy stuff goes down in later episodes but it felt like this was just an average episode that was elongated into a full movie.
It's Date Masamune, meaning voice wise he was epic for me when I first heard him and had no idea who voiced him.

I mean I was just skipping though the file to see what it was and there I heard a very familiar voice coming from the piggie... Immediately had to see who he was, saw a long list of roles I know and when I read Date Masamune, I could hear that the piggie's voice was Masamune's, but then just a little bit lower.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I didn't really enjoy this movie. After Zeronos absence in the last movie, I thought he'd have some good action now that the movie was to focus on him. But no, Momotaros steals the show again in order to prove he is the star. Seriously, I know the point of the movie is Yuto and Aire, but he couldn't have been the one to kill the imagin?

Also, the thing that confuses me is the use of the cards. If Present Sakurai doesn't exist anymore, then Yuto shouldn't be able to transform into Altair Form. However he does, and Aire can remember him, so does that mean he isn't gone? Yes I know, Childrens Movie, Yes I know, wanted to use all the suits. Still.

Although, I'm did miss comical Deneb beatings.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Catastrophe wrote: Also, the thing that confuses me is the use of the cards. If Present Sakurai doesn't exist anymore, then Yuto shouldn't be able to transform into Altair Form. However he does, and Aire can remember him, so does that mean he isn't gone? Yes I know, Childrens Movie, Yes I know, wanted to use all the suits. Still.
To be fair Older Sakurai will always exist. He just my vary from how he originally was but his motives probably won't change.
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Catastrophe wrote:Although, I'm did miss comical Deneb beatings.
If I remember correctly, there was an attempt at one but it really wasn't that funny. Also, I feel that a lot of the cast that returned seems to have lost their sense of their characters. I mean they were all basically the same but I felt like there were a lot of nuances to the characters that used to be there but aren't any more. I mean I suppose its natural, after having been away from them for so long but it still didn't quite feel like they were completely in character the way they were during the show. I suppose you could also chalk some of that up to "character growth" in the time that they've been off screen but it sorta seems like a stretch in most cases.
Skiks
Faiz

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 1: Episode Red released

Post by Skiks »

It really wouldn't be the actors fault if Toei forgot to script their usual type of quirks.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Is it just me, or are the suits starting to look a bit worn out? They may need to make another batch if they want the climax to continue.

It is weird seeing Ryoutarou's new actor grow up with the show. He looks like he's almost as old as Takeru was in the first episode.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I enjoyed this a lot. Yeah, the monster wasn't really that great, but the focus was on the Airi/Yuuto story, which, I admit, is kind of unusual for a Kamen Rider Movie. Still, I don't mind him not getting the finishing blow. Him being able to use the cards again can have any explanation, so I tend not to think about it.

Also, I don't know why I realised this sooner, but only NOW I understand why there can still be imagin even though Kai was defeated. It seems like Imagin will always exist. Remnants of forgotten timelines that didn't get to exist. Kai was just responsible for a massive invasion of them.
Squizz
Infinity
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live

Post by Squizz »

I'm a sucker for Den O, but as much I enjoyed the recent movies, this to me felt more like old school Den O. Maybe I'm getting on and female, so a total sucker for romance, but it felt so true to the original symbolic meaning of the star crossed lovers, and I liked the bitter sweet touches that reflected Yuuto's growing up. I took the half hearted play fight to be more an attempt at being normal, where Yuuto is clearly preoccupied .

Kid Ryotaro is growing up fast i should have got the SD version, I kept focusing way to much on his acne, which made me feel old, I can still remember hating Yuuto's actor when he was an annoying snotty teen in Hibiki. Now he's very grown up XD
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

The major point of this movie was billed as a romance even in the trailers. So for what it's worth that turned out rather well. I didn't even care Zeronos didn't get to defeat the pig. That wasn't really the key point to Yuuto's story. I guess anyone who expected a big fight scene may be disappointing but I never went in expecting something like that coming out a story like this.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

I enjoyed it but i feel that it was missing something and it just didn't live up to my expectation of it.
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Skiks wrote:It really wouldn't be the actors fault if Toei forgot to script their usual type of quirks.
If you were only talking about dialogue I could agree with you there but delivery of the lines and how the actors physically react to things can't and really shouldn't be scripted. Thats what it means to be an actor, taking what a writer has written and then interpreting it to make it more than it is. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie but it may be time for the climax to come to an end. The actors don't seem whole-heartedly behind it anymore and there doesn't seem to be too much more that they could explore with the these characters anyway.
Nero
Infinity
Favorite series: Kiva/Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Miu/Go-on Sliver
Favorite Band: L'Arc.../Tetra Fang

Post by Nero »

has a link to the splash used available? its good work!
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

In my opinion, this movie needed a little work. As much as i love den-o, this movie is called 'Zeronos Startwinkle' Not 'Den-O Startwinkle' It stinks that his fight scene was so short and he really didn't get to do any major damage to the imagin, but i do love the scenes between him and Ari (although i was dying to see them kiss at least once!). Still, i hope the other two movies have a little more of the main character(s) of the movie rather than just have den-o steal the lime light again.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”