special.
Bad post.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 1: Episode Red released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kaemmerite wrote:This wasn't a movie about Zeronos, despite what a few people seem to be saying here.
The Movie's called Episode Red due to Zeronos' Zero Form so yeah, it kinda is.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

I'm kind of disappointed with this movie's plot

Some imajin (implied to be the pig imajin) messed up with the Den-Liner, with the motive of... messing up with the Den-Liner?
Yuuto or pig imajin (or both of them?) told some people to attack Airi so Yuuto or the bike guy can save her
Airi can't seem to love Young!Yuuto as she loved Old!Yuuto
Yuuto stalked Airi (out of his "love")
Pig imajin stuffed Airi in truck, bike guy drove off truck
Bike guy can't use the brake, but he kept gassing the car, so of course it will keep on going (if he didn't keep stepping on the gas, the truck would've stopped eventually before going off a cliff)
Yuuto saved Airi, bike guy is soon forgotten and abandoned near a cliff with no way home
Meanwhile, pig imajin is killed by Den-O
Airi finally loved Young!Yuuto
Yuuto and Airi drove of while seeing the stars

The part where they try to make the Den-Liner uncontrollable seems to be added just so they have some scene with Den-Liner and the crew in trouble
While the pig imajin who caused said trouble, doesn't seem to have any real motive doing it, other than messing up the Den-Liner

While it's a nice love story between Yuuto and Airi (although I'm not a good judge of romance stories), it just seems weird to me that Airi suddenly realized her love for Young!Yuuto after he saved her...
It also seems weird and have some weird implication that Airi loved Young!Yuuto now that Old!Yuuto is gone and Young!Yuuto (who looks like a young adult) loved Airi (who is an adult and is old enough to be a mother) and vice-versa

Also, I missed the cast from the original series, it just doesn't feel the same with AU!Ryotaro, who looks weird when possessed (I bet he can't break dance too :()
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I enjoyed it, it was nice seeing a love story triangle between Airi, Yuuto, & Sakurai that tied up some lose ends from the series.

I really liked that Airi still has feelings for Sakurai but is developing feelings for Yuuto, which must be equally hard on her since she's caring around an unborn Hana which I believe was fathered by Sakurai.

Then Yuuto's struggling with his feelings for Airi aloing with her comparing him to his future self.

Then's there's Sakurai who willing took himself out of existence to save his his future wife and unborn daughter, & then allowed his past self to come to future knowing full well what would probably happen. Which is alot to live up to for Yuuto knowing what his future self did.

Very nice melancholic ending, especially with Deneb at the ending their commenting on the bitterness of the coffee. I'm glad they decided to make this such a character driven movie, it really felt like a much better ending than what we got with the series & subsequent movies.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

wiil they ever explain why ryotaro is a kid now?
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You're asking for the impossible. Just take the half-ass explanation of time correction and go with it.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

ok.
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Whee, least threatening Imagin ever!
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

WAHAHAHA!The Dog Imajin just got cut through over and over.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

MaskedRideEclipse wrote:WAHAHAHA!The Dog Imajin just got cut through over and over.
Actually, Piggies Imagin.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

thanks TVN for this presentation...

i was greatly amazed that this kind of complex love story can happen on a toku... especially on the den-o franchize...
it was the love story of zeronos that made me loved the movie... i mean the theme of a woman who's caught in a conflict between her two lovers... different person but the same man... i would never thought that the writers could pull of this intricate story that fits well in the whole den-o world(where the strange unexplained happens but ignored as if usual)... i guess the writers have better scriptwritting skills right now considering what they did to W's finale and the current OOO...

as for the action scenes... i guess it was average at best... the whole zeronos' conflict was already enough to carry the whole movie without being momo-centered as it was already good enough IMHO even without over-relying with the all-powerful "super den-o" name(heck, decade couldn't even destroy this franchise)... but i guess that would anger those momofanatics...

i guess its not just about sparks, explosions and destruction that makes this genre interesting(damn you decade :mrgreen: )...

can't wait to see the next 2 episodes
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

ShadowX7 wrote:Some imajin (implied to be the pig imajin) messed up with the Den-Liner, with the motive of... messing up with the Den-Liner?
Pig Imajin messed up Den-Liner so that Den-O couldn't defeat him. That's my theory, anyway. Now as to how Pig Imajin would have known that sending DenLiner hurtling through time would prevent the Taros from helping Ryotarou, beats me.
he kept gassing the car, so of course it will keep on going (if he didn't keep stepping on the gas, the truck would've stopped eventually before going off a cliff)
He kept pounding the brake, not the gas. The brakes didn't work, but humans have a tendency to keep trying things that won't work when they're panicked. He kept pushing the brake hoping it might actually work one last time.

And it isn't a given the truck would stop before going off the cliff. We don't know the truck's speed, therefore we can't know its momentum either. In addition, if there was a downhill in front of the cliff, then no, it wouldn't have stopped eventually. Of course, he could have just steered away from the cliff, but again, in a panic situation logical thought tends to go out the window.
The part where they try to make the Den-Liner uncontrollable seems to be added just so they have some scene with Den-Liner and the crew in trouble
It was added to explain why Ryotarou can't just immediately go to Climax Form and beat the Imajin when he first sees it, thus ending the movie right then and there.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

kaemmerite wrote: Pig Imajin messed up Den-Liner so that Den-O couldn't defeat him. That's my theory, anyway. Now as to how Pig Imajin would have known that sending DenLiner hurtling through time would prevent the Taros from helping Ryotarou, beats me.
Well, I guess that could be the reason
But the pig imajin didn't seem to recognize Den-O immediately after seeing him
And the pig Imajin didn't really seem surprised when he saw that Den-O could henshin if his goal was to stop Den-O from intervening with his plans
kaemmerite wrote:He kept pounding the brake, not the gas. The brakes didn't work, but humans have a tendency to keep trying things that won't work when they're panicked. He kept pushing the brake hoping it might actually work one last time.

And it isn't a given the truck would stop before going off the cliff. We don't know the truck's speed, therefore we can't know its momentum either. In addition, if there was a downhill in front of the cliff, then no, it wouldn't have stopped eventually. Of course, he could have just steered away from the cliff, but again, in a panic situation logical thought tends to go out the window.
Actually what I meant was, the truck should have stopped if he didn't step on any pedals, I know he was stepping on the brake when he crashed through the gate/fence

The truck should decelerate over time to a stop if he didn't step on any pedal

He even drove out of town and almost off a cliff, if the ending is any indication, the truck went very far away from the city

The only logical conclusion on why the truck kept on going is because he was still stepping on the gas pedal

...Unless the gas pedal is broken too!
I guess that's just karma for trying to do something evil...
Well either that or it's his fault for using such an old looking truck
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I never thought I'd say that about a Den-O movie, but it was boring. But it was my fault for hoping something with Yuuto as the center would be good.

The "romance" was lame, the "plot" was lame and there wasn't alot of what makes Den-O great: the imagin.

Also, that guy tat plays Ryou isn't as good as Satoh was doing the lip sync.

Also, I didn't find Airi as cute in this movie. Maybe because she was being all emo instead of the airhead she usually was...
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

they're not done with den-o yet? geez! and all the cast are as funny as ever but even with den-o's comedy side there's still a serious side to it. why can't they get the original nogami ryutarou back in though instead of that kid i mean the setting is 2010 so you would've thought nogami would be back to being an adult again. can't believe the imagine in this though is a pig. overall i enjoyed the storyline though although i found it wierd when yuuto was able to transform into altair and vega again when all those cards were gone.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”