Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 2: Episode Blue released

Post by shannon64 »

I thought this movie was pretty good. Just the right amounts of comedy, action, and general Den-O zaniness.

After this trilogy, makes me wonder what they could possibly think of next for the series...
TN_Rock_Lee
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO

Post by TN_Rock_Lee »

Found this one to be more enjoyable over Episode Red and absolutely loved when Urataros turned into a fishing rod... Now a question I have, does anyone know where I would be able to purchase the jacket Ryoutarou was wearing??
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i can't believe toei can manage to make this quality movies especially on a crazy franchise like den-o...

i can't really compare the 2 episodes since they basically have a different premise and conflicts... this one really sums up the series' theme which is all about dealing with the rider's connection with their imagin(s)...

and the best thing this movie showed is the fact that decade can't destroy this franchise... i guess tsukasa did really traveled to a original universs...
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

I rather enjoyed it. I think the fact that Den-O is such a light toned series made the ending all the more pointed.

Spoiler
Though I must admit, I totally agreed with Momo about Sieg. He showed up in the beginning, was involved in that one seen, is sitting in the back (Realitive to the camera) of the car the whole movie, and never does anything. Was anyone else expecting him to be a Chekhov's Imagin?

On another note, I had a bit of trouble with the BD version. It seemed like some of the sound was coming through a speaker channel my computer didn't play. People's lips would move, and there'd be subtitles for them saying something, but no sound. SD version was fine.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

The HD audio is 5.1, if your player is hopeless and cant down mix to 2.0 then you wouldn't get any sound. I would suggest a different player which can do the work.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

Oh dear god i actually cried. I havent cried at a sad movie in years! Miku's story just rung so true with me.
My Gran has always lived with us and in a couple of years she will be Eighty. I know that one day shes not gona be part of my life anymore and that makes me feel sad so i can relate to Miku wanting to spend more time with her.
I think the scene that really did me in was when Miku's cutting up that fruit and starts crying. Gran then lets miku know she knows whats going on, accepts it and comforts Miku. God im welling up again. That scene was just so emotional for a kamen rider show/movie, no funny stuff or dodgy lines to ruin it. we then get a happy scene with den liner crew and then right after the credits i start crying again. God what a good movie.
On a happier note i loved the Kintarous and Uratarous weapons, especially how the Mantis imagin kept leaning into it after a couple of hits from the UraRod. All the original actors are looking so much more mature, Yuichi in the red one and now Dori in Blue. loved how Kotaro and Teddy were given more of a story and character development. We had heard Kotaro had Ryotaro's bad luck but to actually see it was hilarious, favourite was the 2 balls and bird poo. I also liked in the credits where it showed still shots of them filming some scenes. i have found some videos on youtube of behind the scenes stuff for each Cho den o movie, each about 5 parts. i was wondering if TVnihon had any and if they were gona translate them?
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
Ichida
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Favorite Actor?: Takeda Kouhei
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Ichida »

My immediate response to this movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQ9IXi0CVs

But seriously, so much Den-O zany. Much of the movie went unexplained but I had a good laugh at the sheer volume of nonsensical...ness.
SuperIchi, Blue Caster of Radio Sentai Castranger (formerly Ichida za Zeal)
our tokustasu weekly review podcast, blending seasoned veteran critique, reactionary hilarity, & anguished screams of cringe/shock
http://castranger.podbean.com
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Azazel wrote:The HD audio is 5.1, if your player is hopeless and cant down mix to 2.0 then you wouldn't get any sound. I would suggest a different player which can do the work.
Is that different from red? I watched red on the same player on the same computer and it worked fine.

And I just have to say it, when ever I see your avatar, I always think you're gonna be angry. Even when you aren't.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

all chou movies are the same style audio
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu »

Azazel wrote:all chou movies are the same style audio
Huh. Weird. Not surprising, but weird none-the-less. I'll see how it handles Yellow. Might just be something wrong with the copy of blue I got.

kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Ichida wrote:My immediate response to this movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQ9IXi0CVs
Oh good, so I'm not the only one who heard Alexandro-BITCH.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

hunter-urufu wrote:
Azazel wrote:all chou movies are the same style audio
Huh. Weird. Not surprising, but weird none-the-less. I'll see how it handles Yellow. Might just be something wrong with the copy of blue I got.
If using CCCP please update that to the latest version
If using MPC-HC standalone, update to the latest version

That will fix your problem you are experiencing.
ChoirBoy
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by ChoirBoy »

Miku's story was amazing and it was the highlight of the movie for me. During that cake scene when her grandmother lets Miku know that she knows shes from somewhere faraway, I just wept manly tears. My eyes started watering up when she returned to her time and found the present too, and even as I type this, I feel a little teary just remembering the scenes. Funny how I got sad from watching a Kamen Rider show, Den-O nonetheless (the most comedic one out of them all), but death and the elderly are the two things I'm really sensitive to so combining them together, yeah..

Overall great movie, Red was good, Blue was great, and I wonder how Yellow will turn out.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

I like it and i like how they gave Koutaro Some character devolopment and how he has his grandfathers bad luck
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i enjoy den-o and there meanings in their films this one showing it's important to spend time with others that mean a lot to you. Owner always has a trick or two up his sleaves. A shame we didn't get to see the other imagines in their Strike Form but Teddy and Kotarou really are the best combi.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”