Trains and masked devils!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
Papercut
Alignment: Neutral

Kai Nogami?

Post by Papercut »

Well I was just thinking. Is the reason the timeline split, that Hana is the baby if it were a girl and Kai is the baby if it were a boy?

I mean he has that creepy smile, which could easily have been inherited from Yuuto..
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Re: Kai Nogami?

Post by Sho-saka »

To answer your short question, no. The series never mentioned Kai being the Junction Point, otherwise he wouldn't have a bunch of his Imagin henchmen to go on attacking Hana or in the worst possible case, the Imagin themselves would have killed Kai quickly enough and you could say goodbye to story and character development.

And to be honest, I think that Hana might have inherited Yuuto's 'Iron-Fist-to-Main-Imagin's-stuff-whenever-they-get-out-of-line' from him, which might explain why she mostly hits Momo and occasionally Ura-chan, Kin-chan, Ryuuta and Sieg throughout the series, as well as the occasional moment in the Movie (Ore, Tanjou! duh!).
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Kai was a singularity point though. Dunno about this junction stuff, I think that was all tied to Hana.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I don't think the writers ever gave much thought to where the hell Kai came from.
gong7000000
Gao

Post by gong7000000 »

Den-o casting had problems sorta like hibiki so in my opinion, Den-o's plot broke when Hana became a kid. If Hana was the baby, she would be Ryotaro's neice :shock: . In Episode Final, they never revealed Sakurai-san's face and Kohana did not return to normal which i was disappointed about.
Cyberman
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Cyberman »

Dude, Hana was come from original timeline when Sasuke and Namoi have a child while Kohaha come from new timeline when the zeroliner send to the past to delay the birth of Hana to 3 to 5 years later cause Yuuto destroy his future and have to rebuild his future and meet Naomi at later.

So these writers are really clever, they have explain about the problem and how it is affect Hana/Kohana in 44 to 49 episode.
Koryuu
7X
Favorite series: Den-O and MagiRanger
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Koryuu »

Time paradoxes aside, what about the fact Hana is a Singularity Point? Would it be possible that Kohana is not Sakurai and Airi's child? Not Hana, the adult Hana at the beginning of the show, but the chibi-Hana. After all, since Sakurai essentially wrote himself out of existence, he cannot be her dad -- at least now he can't. But since Kohana's memory of her time cannot be changed by virtue of her being a Singularity Point, she (Kohana) would still exist, just have different parents. That might explain why she shrunk to Kohana.

As for Papercut's theory that Kai could be male-Hana, I think that has merit. After all, it's like flipping a coin. It could land heads, creating its own future -- it could land tails, creating its own future -- or it could (though unlikely) land on its side, still creating yet another future.

But given the number of time paradoxes that crop up, I think Dengar is correct overall -- the writers needed a villain to help wrap the series up, and so entered Kai. Because every evil army needs a general... right?
Avatar stolen with permission from GcnMaster
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

Adult Hana is Sakurai's daughter; Kohana is Yuuto's daughter.
Kai it's unclear. One 'out there' but plausable theory is that he is from a timeline where he is Airi's son, from another lover. I don't really like that idea or think they would intend that, but it's a point.

Ryotarou is a singular point, strong enough that his memories restored time and sakurai until the end. Presumably Airi is one too, so being a singular point is genetic- however, Hana wasn't strong enough for her memories to restore her whole own time, perhaps because it got weaker through generations or something. ...No idea where I'm going with this...
Last edited by Skinwalker on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Sakura & Yuuto = same dude

And how do you gather that Hana is the older one's daughter, and that Kohana is the younger? The younger exists in the present, and last I checked Airi hadn't gone on as much as a date with him.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Sakura & Yuuto = same dude

And how do you gather that Hana is the older one's daughter, and that Kohana is the younger? The younger exists in the present, and last I checked Airi hadn't gone on as much as a date with him.
In the original timeline, Airi was pregnant in 2006. Sakurai erased Ryotarou and Airi's memories of the pregnancy and some of him, hence no more pregnancy and a bunch of missing memories. The timeline was reconstructed, but changed.

Because of the playing around with time and memories, the pregnancy was 'erased'. However, it happened again, simply at a later date- with the young Yuto coming forward to live in Ryotarou's present; hence presumably conceiving Hana with Airi at a later date. The Hana that came back didn't disappear because she is a singularity point, but she was changed to fit the changed timeline; a timeline where, in the time she came from, she would be a younger age. Kohana is Hana, just younger, because yes, Yuto and Sakurai are the same person (from different times), so it's the same genes being passed on.

due to sakurai having moved back in time and creating memories of himself in the present, he seperated his existence from yuuto's.
So they... Exist seperately, but are the same man.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Memories of Yuuto in the present?

Did you forget that using the Red Zeronos cards also erases any memories he's created in the present?

I've always assumed he went back in time to re-live his life up to the present point.
Digital Masta
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: FLOW
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Digital Masta »

Every single time travel story has holes because time travel is an incredibly complicated subject to try and tackle. While I really enjoyed Den-O the plot was always essentially broken.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”