XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Den-O HD Batch 3 (25-30 & Movie)

Post by XIII »

So its the never ending Climax making its next appearance in the form of HD batch 3, and with the others, here are some notes to for this batch.

Also as a lucky benefit you are getting the Theatrical Cut of the movie in HD as well as I own the Blu-Ray for this movie, might as well give you the full works in HD, given that the Movie plays an important part of the Den-O story line, especially when it comes to the build up to the next Form in the show,

So onto the notes

Gaoh vs Gaou vs Gao

Ah, the joys of the Movie rider name, so here is the break down of the naming

Gao is wrong, simply put, sure it sounds alike, but isnt his name as was first written in Episode 26
Gaou is correct, this is his normal form name, basically, you refer to him by this name in his un-henshined state
Gaoh is also correct, this is the name your refer to him as when he has Henshined

Its a tad confusing if youve seen all 3 before, but for the new commers, hopefully this will help somewhat with the naming of such a character.

Gaoh Symbol

This one is probably going to divide people over which symbol should be used for Gaoh, some of you will say it should be the infinity symbol as used in the original typesets, and some of you will say it should be the time symbol, after much consideration and after a random stop in the film, I ellected to use the time symbol, and create this to support the argument,

The infinity symbol comes from the Master Pass Card that Owner possesses, this card was never originally owned by Gaou, and as such doesnt form his Henshin, he only uses the card to travel back in time to find the GaohLiner.

The time symbol (same as the one for Den-O) is clearly displayed on his Rider Pass (see image below) this is his Rider Pass which he uses to Henshin into Goah, he does this before he gains the Master Pass, so again this negates giving him the infinity symbol,

I feel that this is the right decision, but I know some of you may complain that its not the right one that has been used, but this is how it should be in my opinion.

Boku-chan (features in episode 27)

This is a way of referring to someone as a child or a boy, kind of an insult if you will, anybody would find it annoying if you called them a child or crybaby (another way of looking at it), the use of chan is also an insult if you are not a teenager or child as this is the honorific for those of a young age.

Tamaya (features in episode 30)

this is abit of strange one, its basically a traditional saying that doesnt have a translation per say.

Japanese fireworks displays trace their origins to the early 1600s, in the Edo period(1603-1867), when shooting off fireworks along the banks of the Sumida River became a popular summer event. Commercial makers such as Kagiya and Tamaya in Tokyo were especially famous for their fireworks, and it was a common practice to shout "Kagiya" or "Tamaya" with each firework burst. You can still hear this kind of shouting in the crowds today.

Source

Inago

Inago translates out to Grasshopper and as we know, grasshopper is also Kamen Rider Ichigou's motif.

Heres a fun little fact SpinelSun mentioned in QC

175R = Ichi Nana Go Rider

Another throw back the Grasshopper Rider
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Den-O HD Batch 3 (25-30 & Movie)

Post by Lunagel »

Azazel wrote:Japanese fireworks displays trace their origins to the early 1600s, in the Edo period(1603-1867), when shooting off fireworks along the banks of the Sumida River became a popular summer event. Commercial makers such as Kagiya and Tamaya in Tokyo were especially famous for their fireworks, and it was a common practice to shout "Kagiya" or "Tamaya" with each firework burst. You can still hear this kind of shouting in the crowds today.
Similarly, in the Kabuki world, instead of clapping at dramatic moments or poses, people in the audience will shout out the name of the house the actor belongs to.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

All I have to say is that "Deneb with a watermelon on his head" is just pure gold when you take his character into view. I can see Yuuto getting mad at him for going out like that. Especially when he buys mushrooms again LOL!
BenDTU
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by BenDTU »

Has something been done differently with the audio on this release? It sounds really scratchy - Like it was sampled at a much lower bitrate.

I've not had this issue with any other 5.1 HD releases though.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

these are not 5.1 audio, they are 2.0 audio and encoded in the same way as normal,

It may have been the source material as these are quite old files
BenDTU
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by BenDTU »

I probably should have been a bit more specific - It was the movie I was referring to here.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

hmmm, not sure on that one, its the same bit rate as normal, same 6 channels, same freq as the others, just checked me Blu-Ray and it seems fine on the audio, cant test the file itself at the moment as its on a drive outside of me network playback setup, ill have a check later
BenDTU
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by BenDTU »

This is what I'm seeing from my files:

Left being I'm Born and Right being one of the New Den-O movies. Looks like I'm Born is using a lower bitrate for audio.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

When I said its the same bit rate as normal I was refering to the bitrate used for episodes, so it encoded at 128kbps which is what we normally use for eps, I forgot to amp it upto 320kbps for the movie,

that wouldnt really cause any such issues as we have used 128kbps on other films with no issues, the only thing that springs to mind is a bad encode of the audio which does happen at times
BenDTU
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by BenDTU »

Yeah I dunno - I've tried it on a 2.1 and a 5.1 and it definitely sounds distinctly scratchy from the lower bit rate - much worse than the SD release of the film.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

I did another encode at the same bit rate and it was better than the released audio, so its not the bit rate, it was just a bad encode of the audio, which does happen and was the initial thought when you gave the more detail.

I guess Ill line up a re-release within the next few days and itll be amped back up to 320kbps to tie in with the other movie settings
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

Released the v2 of the movie, it adds a higher bitrate audio stream and one that doesnt have any issues with it (I hope)

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”