XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Den-O HD Batch 4 (31-42)

Post by XIII »

Here is batch 4 for everybody to enjoy, as with the other batches, here are some notes from the episodes in this batch

Densha Giri

This is the untranslated version of the hissatsu attack Nogami says on his first outing in Liner Form, Densha translates out to Train, and Giri translates out to Slash, pretty simple really

Dosukoi

This is a saying from the world of Sumo, it doesnt have a translation, its more just one of those sayings from that world, its is mainly said by Sumo wrestlers before they charge at each other, its a traditional saying, its along the lines of the "tally-ho" in fox hunting

Nama

Another good one for you, this basically translates to raw, in the context on Kins use in Dynamic Chop name, this would mean the raw unhenshined version of his Dynamic chop as he performs this in his imagin state inside the Station

ossan

Bit of a strange one, the literal translation is uncle, which in context doesn't really make any sense given Owner and Momo have no relation, now the non-literal version is basically an insult towards middle aged people, not quite grandpa level, so the best translation for it is old man, this shouldn't be confused with Ojiisan which can also be translated as "old man", ossan is just the more rude version of the name

Ojiisan = grand father / old man
Ojisan = uncle / middle-aged man (polite version)
Ossan = uncle / middle-aged man (rude/insult/casual version)

Shiitake

I dont think we have covered this before, but with Yuuto and Denebs disagreements about the item and its quite profound use in 39, I thought I would highlight what shiitake actually is

The Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) (from Japanese 椎茸、シイタケ) is an edible mushroom native to East Asia, which is cultivated and consumed in many Asian countries, as well as being dried and exported to many countries around the world. It is a feature of many Asian cuisines including Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai. In the East, the shiitake mushroom has long been considered a delicacy as well as a medicinal mushroom.

Last bumped by XIII on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:40 pm.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”