[DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Cause one time ain't enough.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Den-O | The Next | Kiva >
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Posts: 6612
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Buffy
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Chase
Favorite Actor?: Ming-Na Wen
Favorite Band: BoA
My boom: Apple Technology
Quote: Why don't I put a stake through her heart? You'd be surprised how many things that'll kill.
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by Saejima Kouga » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:04 pm

shadowneko003 wrote: *trusts fansubbers more than companies* I can't wait until The Next comes out. :D
I do too, cause it seems like commercial subs aren't exactly translated to the actual/literal meaning. Commercial subs follow close to the original, but in the end it becomes like dubbed as in how parts are re-written.
Violence is the best answer.

Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:19 am
Male: Yes
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: X-23
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Skinwalker » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:37 am

DaikaijuSokogeki! wrote:
Skinwalker wrote: Hopefully not, because they didn't release The First outside region 1 and probably won't do the same with this.
Of course they didn't, they've never released non-R1 DVDs. Personally, I hope Media Blasters acquires the R1 rights as well. The US tokusatsu market needs to grow!
No it doesn't, because then it would become monopolised and expensive and non-US regions would be neglected. What I meant in that post was, most licensing companies release R1 sub/ dub DVDs, but not in other regions, so we can't get DVDs for our region, but the fansubs get taken down.

User avatar
Dororo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:26 am
Male: Yes
Dreamy: Too many actresses
Favorite Actor?: Those that can act.
Favorite Band: Ones that play music
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Stuff
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Post by Dororo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:17 am

Skinwalker wrote:<snip>No it doesn't, because then it would become monopolised and expensive and non-US regions would be neglected. What I meant in that post was, most licensing companies release R1 sub/ dub DVDs, but not in other regions, so we can't get DVDs for our region, but the fansubs get taken down.
I see your point on the fansubs, but it can't be helped until a company that handles your region starts providing them. Companies have to go through channels to do multiregion or other region releases, as they only get the license for whatever area they are in typically. Unless they are a distributor of that area, it's usually nigh impossible to do it legally(few exceptions usually apply).

I too hope for an R1 release I love the feel of media in my hands, but I hope if the first two do well stateside enough, other countries have licensors that take the dive. It's not like they sign it for exclusively R1, it's your own area's licensors that are thinking it won't sell, or is too costly to try and market. There's no monopoly at all.

User avatar
unmei
運命
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:35 pm
Male: Yes

Post by unmei » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:45 am

Skinwalker wrote:No it doesn't, because then it would become monopolised and expensive and non-US regions would be neglected. What I meant in that post was, most licensing companies release R1 sub/ dub DVDs, but not in other regions, so we can't get DVDs for our region, but the fansubs get taken down.
Region Free DVD players aren't all that expensive, nor are NTSC to PAL converters for those with TVs which still need one. You can always buy a Region Free settop player to watch R1s. or even go the rout of outputting your pc to your tv and watching it through your dvd rom. R1 toku is good for the community, and while it may not sell huge in comparison to other genres of asian cinema here, its still taking steps in the right direction.If it picks up here and is viewed to be a profitable venture, distributors of other regions may consider taking that chance as well.
Image

MaMoRu
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:43 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Dreamy: To many of them...
Favorite Actor?: Well?
Alignment: Neutral
Location: Here?!

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by MaMoRu » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:41 am

Hope it's subed by TV-Nihon :twisted:

I'm guessing they trying to release all the old rider back to live in movie version. Let's if there Kamen Rider the Third :D

Jim Ballard
Go Go!
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:28 am

Re:

Post by Jim Ballard » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:57 pm

Skinwalker wrote:Hopefully not, because they didn't release The First outside region 1 and probably won't do the same with this.
Of course they didn't release THE FIRST outside Region 1; they don't own the rights to do so. All they aquired were the North American rights, and North America is only Region 1. This in no way stops another distributor elsewhere in the world aquiring the rights to distribute the film in their country.
Image

Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:19 am
Male: Yes
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: X-23
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Skinwalker » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Jim Ballard wrote:
Skinwalker wrote:Hopefully not, because they didn't release The First outside region 1 and probably won't do the same with this.
Of course they didn't release THE FIRST outside Region 1; they don't own the rights to do so. All they aquired were the North American rights, and North America is only Region 1. This in no way stops another distributor elsewhere in the world aquiring the rights to distribute the film in their country.
Yes, but no one did. So no fansub, no DVD.

Unmei: well... Maybe so, yeah... I was told that region-free players are illegal though; but apparently that just depends on the seller for some reason. Still, doesn't seem worth it just for two or three movies, especially with blu ray on the way. As for the series thing, I just don't like the idea of waiting maybe a year for official sub DVD sets likely to be very expensive (especially with shipping/ customs tax ¬_¬), and possibly inaccurate subs or cut content. Well, that's just if it went with new series anyway. Not so bad if it's the retro series or even just the series that are a couple of years old.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 28936
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by takenoko » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:26 pm

Yeah, but complaining about region free DVD players being illegal seems strange in a fansub forum XD. What I do is I use the region hack to make my DVD player region free. You should research your machine and see if you have the same function.

Personally, I think about licensed toku in two ways. If something gets licensed, fansubbers should pull their shows so that they don't cut into the license owner's profits. They paid money to localize the show, so fansubbers don't have a right to interfere with that.

However, just because something is subbed or dubbed commercially doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. Just because someone is paying money for something doesn't mean that thing will be better than something that is free. So for me personally, I'm always going to be a begrudging supporter of stuff being licensed.

That said, it makes me kind of happy that The First had the bonus footage. If I didn't already own the overpriced Japanese version, that would be one DVD that I might have gotten for my collection.

User avatar
darkhawk5
Train man
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:59 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Doragon Bōru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Raidā
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: supa saiyajin!
Contact:

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by darkhawk5 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:58 pm

MOD EDIT: Don't ask this things.
-Raida|23-

i really liked the first because it made me want to go back and watch the first season again
Image

User avatar
Tuss4
Train man
Posts: 711
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:34 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Location: US-EY
Contact:

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by Tuss4 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:41 pm

i just need to see this movie! i really like Issa's - Soldier song, love the beat, makes me wanna get up and start poppin (as in the dance)
Check out my blog/portfolio click on my sig!

Image

Image

User avatar
ynn3k
7X
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by ynn3k » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:48 pm

takenoko wrote:Yeah, but complaining about region free DVD players being illegal seems strange in a fansub forum XD. What I do is I use the region hack to make my DVD player region free. You should research your machine and see if you have the same function.
you know they have region free dvd players everywhere now... you can find one for 20 bucks at the cheapest....

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 28936
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by takenoko » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Why should I pay 20 bucks for a new dvd player when I can hack my current one for free?

User avatar
ynn3k
7X
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by ynn3k » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:54 am

i don't know ..... because 20 dollars is worth paying for over the trouble...

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 28936
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by takenoko » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:07 am

It's actually quite simple, I just enter a code, set my region to zero and bam, region free.

User avatar
ynn3k
7X
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: [DVD]Kamen Rider The Next

Post by ynn3k » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... _STRONGEST
heres an interesting find.... I don't know how reliable wikipedia is since anyone can just submit info.... but it appears that after the next... there will be a part three in the series... Kamen Rider: The Strongest... looks like they are skipping Riderman, X, and Amazon and going straight to KR Stronger.... wouldn't it be cool if they cast Hiro Mizushima to play the part of Shigeru Jo (KR Stronger) since he did say that he is "the Strongest"... lmao

Locked

Return to “Kamen Rider The Next”