Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: The Next - takenoko's cut

Post by takenoko »

>Your missing my point.

I don't see how since my response to yours was clearly a joke

>Yet, when you change it to the point when it doesn't have the flavor or heart of the original it looses the art and the intention of the creators.

I don't see how that's a good argument. Plenty of creators create bad things that people don't like when they're not properly limited or edited. See George Lucas and Star Wars prequels

>Good directors are the ones that give you the writer's original vision. Bad ones just do whatever they like, even if it makes no sense.

And how does my cut not make any sense? You can dislike it if you want, I won't argue with you on that point, but if you're going to say it doesn't make sense you're going to need to use some evidence to back your claim rather than make generic comments of how "it's ruined because it wasn't the way it originally was". If you wanted to see it the way it originally was, then watch the original one. The point of recutting this was to make a change to it in a way to make it be sensible in my mind
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

Oh, so he was serious comparin Monna Lisa and The Next. I thought he was jokin...anyway.

I can see your point alamorules, but you have to say WHY you dont like it. If you just say "i dont like it coz it's not the original movie", looks kinda [and dont be offended, coz it isnt my intention] "stupid". It's a fan edit, of course is different. It'ìs easy to say "it sucks". WHY it sucks? You can do better? I'm not sayin you have to like coz i'm sayin so, but at least have some respect for him. Respect, IMO, is also to criticize its work sayin what you dont like, but without a motivation as you did is, as I already said, "stupid".
alamorules
7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by alamorules »

Listen, guys. When I started watching the cuts, I was thinking that the first scene cut, was fine. Yet, as I said before I feel the mood was changed with the other ones. Yes, I shouldn't have said anything when I felt angry about it. I should have calm down first, then write what I did not like.

This is one of does things I feel very strong about. Yet, I like to give people a chance and have an open mind. But I still feel, the mood is different. The killings for example, tell a very impotant part of the story. Killing the fans and the people who did the girl wrong, tell me about her state of mind. Also, it tells why is so important to stop SHOCKER.

It wasn't because the girl's life was ruined. It's because it turns regular people into monsters. V3 understood that reason, and it took him still some time to finally do something about. It's the fight between power and doing the rigth thing. V3 loved the power but it wasn't until he joined Hongou in the figth, when he really changed.

Also,and this is about the bad editting. One of the reason The Star Wars movies have wipes and fades when a scene changes, was because the first one that was made, was because Lucas when directed made mistakes when he ended the scenes. I hope you have a program that have fades and wipes. They help to make things go smooth and not clunky.

I hope now you understand my point.

Image Mazingooo!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

I'm not too convinced that what I cut took away from the story though

>One of the reason The Star Wars movies have wipes and fades when a scene changes, was because the first one that was made, was because Lucas when directed made mistakes when he ended the scenes.

Not exactly. All movies use transitions and stuff to smoothly change between scenes. I don't really have a good video or sound editor, so I mostly just cut and paste along the key frame lines. Since it was a fan edit, I figured people would be forgiving of that.

>I hope you have a program that have fades and wipes. They help to make things go smooth and not clunky.

I don't.

Again, my main idea was to change the story and I feel like I've accomplished that
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I enjoyed this one alot more than I did the original, it was nice seeing the Ringu stuff edited out of the movie. With that said i'm still a bit confused on a couple of things:

1. Was the record label that Chiharu with complicate with Shocker in order to keep Chiharu "alive" in order to keep her brother with the organization?

2. Did Shocker recover Chiharu's body and then just dump it in some sewer or did Chiharu crawl to the sewer after she committed suicide?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think Shocker even realize that Chiharu was infected with the nano-machines. Even if they did, they would have viewed her as a failure. I think the record company was doing this all on their own since she was a big star to them. Chiharu probably crawled into the sewer.
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

I seek suggestions, which version should I watch?
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

teku wrote:I seek suggestions, which version should I watch?
Both? Or at least the original version.
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

Yeah, I watched the original a few days ago... and I'm saving this edit for later on... cuz... I'll probably enjoy it more if I wait a bit.
doujin man

Post by doujin man »

so which is better? this one or the other one?

dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

alamorules wrote: Also,and this is about the bad editting. One of the reason The Star Wars movies have wipes and fades when a scene changes, was because the first one that was made, was because Lucas when directed made mistakes when he ended the scenes.
Actually, Lucas used wipes because the old movie serials he loved as a young man used wipes. Wipes were rarely used in '79, are even less so now; as a result, wipes are synonymous with Star Wars. I've used soft wipes in my own editing, and I always get accused of "Star Warsing" it up, no matter how appropriate the effect is. It sure as hell wasn't because Lucas was a bad director. He's actually a pretty damn good one, and has been for decades. He's just an awful dialogue writer, mostly.

Lern 2 film history, ploz.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

dancercotillion wrote:He's actually a pretty damn good one, and has been for decades. He's just an awful dialogue writer, mostly.
Yeah. I've heard stuff like he had originally had planned Han to say "I love you too" back in the cloud city, but the dialogue was changed thanks to Ford. Could you imagine that classic character moment almost never happened?
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

I never should have read this thread, because it made it very confusing as to which version I should watch. It seems like takenoko's is an improvement... I think I'll watch the original version and if I like it well enough, just leave it at that. If not, I'll check out takenoko's.

I do want to say, though, that I think it's awesome that you decided to do your own cut. Very brave. I feel humbled by your presence, takenoko-sensei. :wink:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think it was that brave of me, I kind of figured that it wasn't THAT bad XD I had already guessed at what kinds of criticisms people would have, so it wasn't too surprising to hear what people had to say. I'm more amused to learn that other people had the same idea that I did
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Finally saw both versions and over all, I have to give you major probs Take, I really preferred your cut of it hands down.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kamen Rider The Next”