Negima!

Hay, can u reed?
AkuTenshiiZero
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Negima!

Post by AkuTenshiiZero »

I'm a huge Ken Akamatsu fan, and anyone who's seen or read Love Hina can probably understand why. I believe he came out with another series after that that flopped, but his lateset creation is just as great as his orgional hit. Negima! Magister Negi Magi.

For those unaware, here's a synopsis. Take one 10-year-old genius Wizard, make him the English teacher at an all-girls high school, sit back, and watch the chaos unfold. Not only does this make for some hilarious harem comedy, but the involvement of magic leads to battles of epic proportions. Thus far there are 18 volumes out (I think, need to hit the bookstore) and it shows absolutely no signs of stopping yet. I defintely recommend this series.

Anyone else a fan?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Negima!

Post by Kogashi »

I like the fan service and that there's such a large selection of women and moes to perversely drool over the though ot until you realize that they're underage most of them, but I preferred it when it was a school based romance comedy/magic focused fan service explosion. Because at the moment, it feels more like a fighting perverse RPG manga.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

I was a fan, only because it has a few good-looking boys and men (surprising in a Ken Akamatsu manga, I know), but then I started to drop the series post volume 14, after it became more fanservice to boys rather than girls and I couldn't handle the pressure of seeing ALL 31 girls done in a character development kinda way.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer
Alignment: Neutral

Post by guile_bio »

I loved Love Hina(though I was a lad when I read it xD), but I don't know about this.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I really liked Love Hina since that was one of the first digi-fansubs that were around. So this is from the same author, eh?
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer

Post by guile_bio »

^Yup, you can tell how Keitaro and Negi look alike.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

im a fan too.. both love hina and negima!
as of now there are 3 series of this manga.. 1 is negima! and 2 is negima!?.. yeah the difference is the spelling but the 2nd manga has an alternate retelling of the story
the 3rd is done by Takuya Fujima under the guidance of ken, much like negima!? it has an alternate story line
HUH?!?

Return to “Manga/Comics”