Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Axis Power Hetalia

Post by Bauffie »

I've been addicted to Hetalia for quite some time now, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have heard of it. :D

Axis Power Hetalia is a web comic based on the history of real world's countries. Each character represents a country, so the evolution of a country is shown through the relationships between the characters (like Austria moving to Germany's house and becoming a freeloader = annexation xD). It's an amazing parody of the different wars/alliance/random facts (Russian soldiers skydiving without parachutes because apparently snow is soft and won't kill them = fun times ). Funny jokes + great art + history = A happy Bauffie. :)

Even though the mood is light most of the time, there are still a many dramatic scenes. I mean, it's the first time that the American independance war makes me want to cry. xD;

An anime adaptation was supposed to air on TV, but it got officially cancelled a few days ago. (I think the infamous petition was behind that, but oh well) I heard the anime will still be available for mobile and on animate TV.

It's an awesome series that I recommend to all. 8D

Official site
Scanlations
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Re: Axis Power Hetalia

Post by William_Duel »

Yes I'm familiar with it. I'm not into shounen ai or bishounens or anything but I enjoy the idea of anthropomorphing inanimate things (OS-tans for example) and this is what attracted me to the idea of Hetalia. Some people complain about it for all the wrong reasons (my country isn't represented or is misrepresented yadda yadda) they need to get over it. It's a pity the air date was cancelled because the Koreans didn't like their representative in the manga. I think this is even worse because the Korean character wasn't even going to be in the anime anyways.
Soldat Veritas
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

More of Bauffie's propaganda incredible finds.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Oh yeah. I remember Hetalia's controversy in the past.

*Sigh* Why can't North and South Korea settle each other once and for all, instead of fighting each other to see if democracy can triumph over Kim Jong Il's corrupted communism reign?

Return to “Manga/Comics”