[i]Nothing to see here.[/i]

Hay, can u reed?
KamenRiderIon
Infinity

[i]Nothing to see here.[/i]

Post by KamenRiderIon »

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by KamenRiderIon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Heroes Are Extinct!

Post by Lunagel »

Hmm, thanks for the recommendation, I'm definitely going to have to pick this up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sounds fun. I wonder if it's something I can get through an interlibrary loan
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Finally got the first volume today (after 2 and 3 showed up three days ago >.>) and overall, I quite liked this series.

The main focus was on the villains in this series, an interesting twist that isn't really used in toku. The rangers were more of side characters, and to be completely honest, I didn't bother remembering their names. There were a couple clever references to some sentai series (I saw a spoofy-looking Hurricanger at one point) and a hilarious sequence where the chosen rangers had to learn their poses and lines.

The art wasn't anything special, and somewhere halfway through the author lost track of what he was doing (which he acknowledges at the end, so at least he's aware of that). I'm considering grabbing the Japanese version, since I think a couple of the jokes didn't translate too well over to English. Most of the third volume I was kinda lost, which could also be due to the massive amount of cold medicine I've been ingesting, but I don't think I could have continued any further if there was a 4th volume, so I guess that means it was a pretty good length. So overall, very rough around the edges, but amusing enough that I'd recommend picking it up if you're a toku fan.

Return to “Manga/Comics”