Hay, can u reed?
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Re: R.I.P. OneManga

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Skiks wrote:HxH is all caught up with volume releases now. The real problem is togashi taking 23213213 years to put out a chapter. Pokemon special and Rockman.exe had been released every two months despite being unpopular to a point.
Actually it's been only recently that Viz has decided to release pokemon special from the beginning, but still with the ridiculous censors, localizations, and translations. I prefer Chuang Yi's over theirs.
I lost The Game!
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I think people are forgetting that OneManga is only a host. They don't do any of the actual work on the manga chapters posted there, they just go out and track down any and all manga scanlations they can and upload them to their servers. The site is closing down, but it's up to the individual groups what they do. You can easily, EASILY track down One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and other scanlations right from the source, the disappearance of OneManga will not change that.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

It just becomes more difficult to find those chapters. If you remember which group it is you're looking for and how to find them, you should be okay, but some groups become discouraged because that was their outlet, so maybe about 2% or more are going to just quit because they have no other "preferred" distribution site.
Hikikomori-san
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/555/Ryuki
Favorite Band: NoGod
My boom: Deluhi/Crossfaith
Quote: "Bandai laughs at our pain...and drinks our tears." - Vangelus

Post by Hikikomori-san »

This has made my life a whole lot suckier than it already is. I mean, I use that site everyday! It's sorta like my manga-organization website too, as I can't remember all the names of the manga that I'm reading...so when one of the manga gets updated on OneManga, I instantly recognize the name...

Sure OneManga's just a host website, but for me, it's also one of the sites I use to keep track of the ones that I'm reading.

I'm a mangotaku, so this is going to severely impact my online experience. Well, all good things must come to an end. And OneManga is one of those things this summer.

Well, there's always MangaFox, but I never liked their layout...beggars can't be choosers tho.

<sadface>
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I know there was another site that hosted the downloads of tons of manga from tons of groups, sort of like OM for downloads instead of online reading, but I can't remember what it was. ><
zrike
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Most of them
Dreamy: The women
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by zrike »

Are you thinking of StopTazmo? Its been forever since I last went there though, so I dont remember if its still alive.
[cg]sasuke
Infinity
Quote: "grandma said...."

Post by [cg]sasuke »

Hikikomori-san wrote:Well, there's always MangaFox, but I never liked their layout...beggars can't be choosers tho.
and Mangastream
KAMEN RIDER OOO loves Reggae and Jamaica
ImageImage
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

In addition to being really convenient being able to find all the manga that I want to read in one place, it also helps to be able to read about all the obscure mangas that you probably will never pick up on without seeing it on a site like OneManga. For example, there are a lot of seinen mangas that are shown on OneManga that I would have never known about because these scanlator groups aren't really heard about since they don't do popular manga scans.
Xiaou
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: DCD
Dreamy: Takenoko lol
Favorite Actor?: None They're all ok.
Favorite Band: RadWimps
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: ... T-N
Quote: Let's Go! find some Das Vagania

Post by Xiaou »

Am i the only one who saved the all the Image scans from their manga's
because they usually had site main page down issues.
sometimes you wouldn't be able to read anything.
they'd be updating or upgrading.
but i'd have the manga saved away in my HDD XD
Currently Watching From T-N:
Kamen Rider: W, Blade, Hibiki, 555.
Super Sentai: Shinkenger, Go-Onger, GekiRanger.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

[cg]sasuke wrote:
Hikikomori-san wrote:Well, there's always MangaFox, but I never liked their layout...beggars can't be choosers tho.
and Mangastream
Mangastream is high quality and fast releases, but only a small selection. Mangafox...is iffy at best. The quality always varies immensely and there are too much manga to accurately get a fix on which ones you're reading.
I lost The Game!
Bk201
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: "The moment you try to become a hero is the moment when you're disqualified"

Post by Bk201 »

i've been reading at onemanga for a long time and it makes me sad to see it leave. i admit that i knew that i would one day see it close but i didnt see it ending this way. i know that there are other sites but onemanga was one of the best out there. the best ones are always the first to go. Goodbye onemanga you will be missed.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

I was really shocked to learn that OneManga will be closing and publishers have finally taken action against scanlation of Manga

I just hope, over time they will ease up again on Manga Scanlation

Another horror that occurred to my mind is, if Toei decides to take legal action against subbers or animation company takes legal action against Anime subbing

That means no more Kamen Rider, and no more Animes!
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

ShadowX7 wrote:Another horror that occurred to my mind is, if Toei decides to take legal action against subbers or animation company takes legal action against Anime subbing
Yeah, I kind of afraid of that, too. Knowing what happened to Romulation's NDS section from months ago...
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
Forte
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The enemy isn't fighting with the intention of losing either. Each sides fight for their ideal justice. No one's right and no one's wrong. War could be cruel for everyone.

Post by Forte »

Damn, is this an omen to something in the future? With my favourite leech-games site got cut off and OM, now what? They're starting ripping us off, I understand that piracy can do harm to them but consider the little ones. I ain't gonna fuss my father for a 100 bucks game or manga. Nevermind my rant. :P
All thanks to CloudBoii12.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

Forte wrote:They're starting ripping us off, I understand that piracy can do harm to them but consider the little ones.
You do understand piracy means ripping off them, right? :lol: It would be great to find what you want here, just preview maybe one chapter and buy a volume here for a lower price of let's say 5-6 U.S. dollars, but that's far from the near future, so for now, you can start by showing your support and that hopefully makes companies realize that more manga is should be sold at lower prices.

Return to “Manga/Comics”