Dreamy: Naomi/Mele/Ankh
Favorite Actor?: Sam Jackson
Favorite Band: Mclusky/MF DOOM
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: SFPWXP (SNES)
Quote: "Smoke weed, watch toku, enjoy life." -Potts the Dog

Dorohedoro

Post by Potts the Dog »

This was recently uploaded and I had never heard of it before. I started reading it, AND I DID NOT STOP TILL I FINISHED ALL FOURTEEN VOLUMES. It's just so amazing. Plot goes like this.

Kaiman is an amnesiac with the head of a lizard. He lives in Hole which is some kind of rundown town with an unknown location. Unfortunately for the people that live there devil-worshiping sorcerers make regular visits to Hole to preform gross magical experiments on the unwilling populace. That's where Kaiman comes in. He kills the sorcerers, in ways that are as varied as they are bloody, but not before he swallows their head so they can talk to the little man inside of him.

Its definitely weird but the art is superb. A mix between Kouta Hirano's heavily stylized but incredibly detailed work and Hajime Ueda's sketchy insanity, you'll find yourself just staring at a few of the larger fullpage spreads, looking for any hidden things you may have missed.

It's not for everyone due to the rampant toplessness of the female characters, incredible ultraviolence and off color humor but seinen fans should love every minute of it.
"The first thing you have to do is consider time as officially ended, we live on the other side of time."- Sun Ra

Return to “Manga/Comics”