Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

The guest-quality ratio for Sentai

Post by takenoko »

This idea has been bobbing around in my head a while. Just thought I'd write it out here and see if it's true or not.

So here's my theory, the more money Toei is spending on the series, the more guests they'll have.

Let's look at Ninninger, they had 31 guests listed on their wiki. Toqger had about 62.

Kyouryuuger had 20, but they also had a ton of spirit rangers that had a lot of screen time. Plus they had a lot of veterans like Kinoshita Ayumi and BoukenSilver's actor and Ramirez.

Go-Busters had 29

Gokaiger had 77

Maybe I need to think about this theory a bit more. Or add in semi-regulars with a weighted value for them.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: The guest-quality ratio for Sentai

Post by Phoenix512 »

I would be curious how many guest stars Gokaiger would have if the earthquake didn't happen since they didn't originally planned to have as many cameos from the previous series.

I think the reason why Toqger had so many guest stars was due to the traveling nature of the show. They weren't really in the same place compared to most other Sentai series. It wouldn't make sense if they kept encountering the same people in a different town except for the Shadow Line villains.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So are we saying that the more guests there are the mover average the show is? Because that'd probably be my ranking of the shows listed anyway.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I guess I'm confused what "guest" entails here. I know for Gokaiger it was previous sentai actors, that's obvious, but like... I can't think what it was for ToQ? Just cameos of well-known drama/film actors? Does this include popular seiyuu as well?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real

Return to “Super Sentai (Completed)”