Kenji Shibata (Daimon Tatsumi/GoYellow of GoGoV) revealed his long-time brain tumor diagnosis

All the colors of the rainbow
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Kenji Shibata (Daimon Tatsumi/GoYellow of GoGoV) revealed his long-time brain tumor diagnosis

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The Tokusatsu Network translated a recent Bakuhou THE Friday interview about Mr. Shibata.

In short: he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor during the final weeks of GoGoV's production. Despite 5 surgeries to ease the nervous system-based symptoms of the tumor, the damage was done. The right side of his body is totally paralyzed and there's occurrences of osteonecrosis of the femoral head (meaning interruptions of bloodflow to the bones), which then resulted in fractured bones, loss of major hip function and having artificial joints surgically implanted on him. While living on his own and pursuing ventures in the educational field, he cannot talk much and may talk slowly.

Thankfully, he recently reunited with the other actors who played the Tatsumi siblings in the series: Ryuichiro Nishioka (Matoi/GoRed), Masashi Taniguchi (Nagare/GoBlue, Jin/Amazon Alpha), Atsushi Harada (Shou/GoGreen, Shuji/Delta) and Kayoko Shibata (Matsuri/GoPink).

I hope the best for Mr. Shibata.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Super Sentai (Completed)”