Ryuki Episode Final Movie TC Released (3000th Release)

To the death!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Agito | Ryuki | Faiz >
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Ryuki Episode Final Movie TC Released (3000th Release)

Post by XIII »

And now we return you to the eternal fight of the riders

Only a few Riders remain in the fight to take the power and glory, including the first female rider, who has a burning passion to kill Ouja, then again, who doesnt. Who will win and who will loose and who makes the ultimate sacrifice to bring it to an end.

This movie was an alternative ending to the series, one of the many since they also did the 13 Rider special, which had two endings, its like they had many different ideas on how to end the series and then instead of just binning the ideas out right they made these.

I quite enjoyed the Movie when we did the DC of this all those years ago, the ending showed the classic trait of self sacrifice to try and end the war, a trait that would be mirrored with the ending of Blade. Also to point out the DC was 20 minutes longer than the TC release, and from what Phoenix was saying, it was mostly Femmes lines being cut for the TC.

And while we are at this, why release this now? well we were coming up on release number 3000, but we didnt have anything planned, so this is a very last minute plan and is kinda fitting as lots of our big number releases have been Kamen Rider Movie related, which is kinda shows what alot of us enjoy, its also good in that we can bring you the standard 3 versions for films now, 480p, 720p and 1080p.

Side note: Credit to Slowking for his QC, I forgot to update QC Credits after he did his work on it, it happens
Side note 2: you may notice that the SD is in h.264 and contains 5.1 audio, just one of the added advantages of switching to new style encoding methods.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Ryuki Episode Final Movie TC Released (3000th Release)

Post by ReversedSentai »

This movie was extremely enjoyable in my opinion. Ryuki was my first Rider series that I've ever watched, so this brought back a lot of memories. Shinji, Ren, Yui, and all the other Riders like Asakura.

I really liked the addition of Kamen Rider Femme. Female Kamen Riders are always awesome in my opinion. The story of her trying to avenge her sister's death by killing Asakura but ended up being killed by Ryuga was quite a tragic tale. Just when both Shinji and Miho began to develop feelings for each other.

I kinda regret not watching this film in the middle of the actual series because I was hesitant on alternating endings at the time since I was new to Kamen Riders, but this movie made me realize how amazing this was. The final scene ended with a cliffhanger with Shinji and Ren admiting that they're indeed friends and they must work together to fight for the wish that Kanzaki Shirou might promise them.

Also, fun fact: the actress that played Kamen Rider Femme was Kato Natsuki, the same actress who played Shigeru in Hana Yori Dango 2, who was Tsukasa's arranged fiancee. This was her one, if not only, portrayal of a tokusatsu character so I found that quite interesting.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

If I recall, Kato Natsuki originally got her start by appealing to otaku fans. I don't know if she still is, but I think I have some pictures of her with Keroro Gunsou. She's done some cosplay too.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

When I was adjusting the script for the TC, I happen to notice that most of the cuts were involving Femme including a line that Shinji said to Femme, "Being a Rider is too much for a girl." I just laugh when I noticed this line got cut. I think someone in Toei was like, "We can't have this line in the movie especially it's the first female Rider."

Some of the other things I noticed were the Agito cameo scenes were cut down significantly and some character development scenes especially the one where Kitaoka discusses with Gorou about buying roses for his date with Reika. I really like that scene but it was sad that it got cut in the TC.

Also it had one of the weirdest edits to me anyway. In the beginning of the DC, it shows the Final Vent cards of all 13 Riders before giving the current situation in the movie. The TC does not have this at all. I wouldn't have caught it since I had to rearrange the placement of the text for it. Here's the DC of it before the text appears.

Spoiler
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

Still my favorite Rider movie. I've watched this one many times over, and am now really happy to have it in 1080p.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I don't like this movie's plot as a whole. I really liked Miho, she was a character I wish had been in the series proper, but Ryuga and everything about him is just plain stupid, as far as I'm concerned.

Shinji has his own Mirror World double! ... For some reason...
And he's also a Rider! ... Even though he's technically a Mirror Monster himself...
And he wants to kill Miho! ... Why? If it's because of the Rider battle, then shouldn't he do it IN a Rider battle, so he can feed her Monster to DragBlacker? What would just strangling her in the real world accomplish? I'd imagine it's because he's Shinji's polar opposite, so since Shinji loves Miho, Mirror Shinji hates her with a murderous passion. And why is Mirror Shinji evil when Mirror Yui was nice and Yui's friend and gave her her life force?

It just felt, to me, like Toshiki Inoue (The movie's writer) looked at Ryuki and thought to himself, "You know, this is more Ren's story that Shinji just falls into when it's already in progress... I know! In the movie, I'll make it so that Shinji indirectly causes Yui's condition!"

I mean, I don't suppose bringing in ANOTHER murderous psychopath to fill the repainted Ryuki suit when we already have Asakura wouldn't have been much better, but still.

And now I have to wonder what happened to Miho in the main series...
Spoiler
Ah well, I can always imagine that after Kanzaki hits the reset button and prevents the Rider War from happening, she meets Shinji and they hook up without having to worry about Monsters trying to jump out of any reflective surface to eat them.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

This is my fifth time watching the movie and I'm just really shocked that I didn't notice this.

Spoiler
it's Souichi! :OImage

Spoiler
and the rest of the gang :oImage
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Also, Akiyama Rina, who played Mana in Agito and Naomi in Den-O, was working in the amusement park that Miho and Shinji went to.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Don't forget about Gills who was the guy getting beat up by Asakura. Being Gills is just painful.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”