Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryuki HD op and music karaoke released

Post by takenoko »

The reason for the karaoke is because qc recommended removing it from the episode itself. But at least you can see it here.

Just a little taste of what the final product is going to look like.
gourdcaptain
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe

Re: Ryuki HD op and music karaoke released

Post by gourdcaptain »

Oh wow, this is such an obvious upscaling and I can see the noise from it on everything even while it's in motion. Pretty much the only advantage I can see over the DVD copies is the lack of MPEG-2 artifacting on the video. Not blaming you guys for releasing it (it is a slight improvement) but I'm probably not going to bother picking up the releases of the full episodes in HD and Ryuki's my favorite Rider show ever. (The fact that it can't be played back on my netbook due to being in 1080p without closing everything else down doesn't help.)

Out of curiosity, are you subbing the interviews and other extra content on the Blu-Rays? Because I'm really interested in those.
AncientLemurian
7X
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Daimon Rinko
Favorite Actor?: Takayama Yuko
My boom: Tetris

Post by AncientLemurian »

This should be good in order to know what to expect.

Anyone follow how Star Trek: The Next Generation was remastered for Blu-ray?
They (CBS/Paramount) took the film negatives and rescanned them, and the difference was tremendous.

I wonder how they (Toei) did it for Ryuki, and for how the other early Heisei shows will turn out.
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

Yeah, it will look better in motion rather than in static pictures.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Out of curiosity, are you subbing the interviews and other extra content on the Blu-Rays? Because I'm really interested in those.

Definitely. I've got them ripped and on my harddrive.

Yeah, I've got the Next Generation Blu-rays. They're awesome. Have you seen the footage where they talk about looking for the original film and not being able to find them at some points because they were archived poorly or snipped and used in other portions of the episode? I don't think Ryuki was filmed on 35mm film, hence they can't completely redo it in that way, but like I said, it still looks better than the DVD releases we did.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It looks brighter.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Yeah, I expected this. It does get an improvement. Since no more crappy Mpeg2 codec And it's put in square aspect ratio. So less loss of the res. They also deinterlaced the picture. Get it if you want the best picture. I'd also be interested if you guys replaced the old SD copies with these. Downscale them back to 854x480p. So it be back to SD res. But the higher quality improvements would be in the SD files for people.
gourdcaptain
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe

Post by gourdcaptain »

archer9234 wrote:Yeah, I expected this. It does get an improvement. Since no more crappy Mpeg2 codec And it's put in square aspect ratio. So less loss of the res. They also deinterlaced the picture. Get it if you want the best picture. I'd also be interested if you guys replaced the old SD copies with these. Downscale them back to 854x480p. So it be back to SD res. But the higher quality improvements would be in the SD files for people.
Urgh. I get that it'd probably still be higher quality, but my mind winces at the idea that they upscale a video, encode it, you downscale the video and re-encode it. So much quality being lost in each lossy encode... (Seriously, is there some reason they can't just put 480p video on a blu-ray I'm missing?)
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

gourdcaptain wrote:
archer9234 wrote:Yeah, I expected this. It does get an improvement. Since no more crappy Mpeg2 codec And it's put in square aspect ratio. So less loss of the res. They also deinterlaced the picture. Get it if you want the best picture. I'd also be interested if you guys replaced the old SD copies with these. Downscale them back to 854x480p. So it be back to SD res. But the higher quality improvements would be in the SD files for people.
Urgh. I get that it'd probably still be higher quality, but my mind winces at the idea that they upscale a video, encode it, you downscale the video and re-encode it. So much quality being lost in each lossy encode... (Seriously, is there some reason they can't just put 480p video on a blu-ray I'm missing?)
A BD rule is in place. Main movie or show material MUST be in 1080 res. Or it's not allowed to be put on BD. Only bonus material can be left in SD. Kind of like how the theratical cuts of Sta Wars are listed as bonus content. Because Lucas didn't want to do his job. It wouldn't lose quality, if the guys go with the raw files. Put the subs on them normally. Than do a second file in SD. Not encode the 1080p file that's used for us. Than use that one to downscale. I did this with some shows that where upscaled. When i ripped them to my phone. Doctor Who, Farscape, and Andromeda are way better than their DVD versions. Although Doctor Who's deinteracing was pretty crappy.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Looks decent. Not up to snuff compared to HD sourced shows (Ryuki got no help from you releasing the Kabuto promo so close to it) but alright considering the limitation (and the comparison to Kabuto may not've been fair, since Kabuto came almost 1/2 a decade after Ryuki). Hopefully Toei starts doing Blu-Rays of HD sourced shows soon (I feel original Kamen Rider and Goranger Blus may come in time for their anniversaries).

As for TV Nihon, keep up the great work :)
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Kabuto is HD from the get go
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Bladeitout
Gao
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by Bladeitout »

archer9234 wrote: A BD rule is in place. Main movie or show material MUST be in 1080 res. Or it's not allowed to be put on BD. Only bonus material can be left in SD. Kind of like how the theratical cuts of Sta Wars are listed as bonus content. Because Lucas didn't want to do his job. It wouldn't lose quality, if the guys go with the raw files. Put the subs on them normally. Than do a second file in SD. Not encode the 1080p file that's used for us. Than use that one to downscale. I did this with some shows that where upscaled. When i ripped them to my phone. Doctor Who, Farscape, and Andromeda are way better than their DVD versions. Although Doctor Who's deinteracing was pretty crappy.
Pfft, seriously? "A BD rule is in place?" Yeah right, stuff that was filmed/made at 720p or less is pretty much routinely upscaled when put onto Bluray, especially in Japan.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”