2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, Gekiranger
Dreamy: Ran from Gransazer
Favorite Actor?: Araki Hirofumi (Rio)
Favorite Band: Blind Guardian
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Rio from Gekiranger

Re: Rider Names NON SPOILER-ISH

Post by Spectrum »

takenoko wrote:For someone that doesn't know how to read any Japanese, you sure act like you know something about it.
All right. So, was I mistaken in my theory above about the tradition of forming compound words?
- Spectrum

"Yasashiku, hageshiku, hitomi tojita nara... ai o sutete shishi to nare!"
("With tenderness, with violence, with closed eyes... cast away love and become a lion!")

- Rio
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Spectrum wrote:All right. So, was I mistaken in my theory above about the tradition of forming compound words?
Not really, but if you want to attack me personally instead of attacking my arguments, I'm just going to do the same in turn

This doesn't add any facts to prove your point, it just adds suspicion and casts doubt on my intent, which isn't really something that can be proved either way.

"The above sounds like a jab against the American version just because you already hate it..."

Anyway, you're nitpicking. Are you saying my analysis is mistaken? If you had something to prove your arguments it would have made this more of an interesting discussion. And no more dirty politics please, stick to the topic
Spectrum
Honey System
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, Gekiranger
Dreamy: Ran from Gransazer
Favorite Actor?: Araki Hirofumi (Rio)
Favorite Band: Blind Guardian
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Rio from Gekiranger

Post by Spectrum »

OK, first of all, I would like to apologize to the rest of the forum. I realize that this mutual hate between Takenoko and myself is not healthy for the forum. Still, I feel a need to defend myself, so please bear with me, bystanders.
takenoko wrote:
Spectrum wrote:All right. So, was I mistaken in my theory above about the tradition of forming compound words?
Not really, but if you want to attack me personally instead of attacking my arguments, I'm just going to do the same in turn

This doesn't add any facts to prove your point, it just adds suspicion and casts doubt on my intent, which isn't really something that can be proved either way.
Hm. I guess I did ask for a counter-jab in my first post. But my second post was jab-free, so your accusations seem out of place.

I may be mistaken, but as far as I can understand from your post, you are saying ("Not really, but...") that my argument is valid. And then, despite that, you spend the next lines detailing how I don't provide any valid arguments. This seems contradictory.
takenoko wrote:And no more dirty politics please, stick to the topic
My second post was on-topic and contained no attacks. If it seemed that way, I think it is because you assume the worst about me. (And I can sympathize. I will be the first to admit I have a tendency to assume the worst about you, too. Ergo my initial jab.)

My original point might be wrong. As I thought I made clear in my first post, I am not sure I know what I am talking about; I am just going by vague impressions. I could perhaps come up with some arguments to support it, but not particularly strong ones, so I don't think it's worth the bloodshed that might potentially ensue.
- Spectrum

"Yasashiku, hageshiku, hitomi tojita nara... ai o sutete shishi to nare!"
("With tenderness, with violence, with closed eyes... cast away love and become a lion!")

- Rio
Xcrossfire753
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Agito, Faiz, W, OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Aso Megumi
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fairy Tail

Post by Xcrossfire753 »

i read this whole thread and can't help agreeing that the American naming system is messed up

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”