Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Ryuki 39 released

Post by XIII »

They treat you like a monster!

I wonder why that is?

New Rider Henshin style today, can you master the new way to Henshin :lol:

Enjoy another Ryuki adventure
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Ryuki 39 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Alternate's Henshin is the best Kamen Rider Henshin sequence ever.

Since when blindsiding someone being a hero? Tiger talks about being a hero but has an interesting way of going about it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I love that transformation. It's rekindled my love of throwing things in the air and catching it. Or just doing something, taking a step forward, and finishing the movement
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Gahhh This reminds me I have to work on a stop motion version of Alternative Zero's henshin. I'll do it once it arrives.
Edit: This Alternative is a dangerous fighter. Reading through fight patterns. Pretty bad ass.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer

Post by guile_bio »

Thanks for the release, as always. :D
bmnuser
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Yuka Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Takashi Hagino
Favorite Band: Andrea Bocelli
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Coffee

Post by bmnuser »

Is it me, or has the quality of the show risen dramatically over the last six or seven eps? (did they change writers or something) I'm on the edge of my seat the whole way -- Alternative's badassery, trying to figure out Tiger, waiting for Asakura to get out of prison :twisted:

I've noticed Kanzaki Shiro has a rather odd way of trying to motivate the Riders to fight. In this ep he basically insinuates to Ren that Odin is supposed to be impossible to defeat. Convincing everyone that the guy they've gotta beat to win the game is impossible to beat probably isn't the best way to motivate them to keep playing the game -- well, maybe except for Asakura.
Currently watching: Ryuki, Decade, Shinkenger

Previously Watched: Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Garo, Ryukendo, Sh15uya, Densha Otoko
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I love Alternative's henshin and his costume design. I love how everything is opposite with him. His transformation is a vertical reflection instead of a horizontal one, his swipes his cards instead of loading them (first Rouse system anyone?), and a female voice for his Visor instead of male.

Also, Tiger has a pretty strange concept of heroism. "A hero kills everyone who doesn't match his ideals! Hail Hitler!" Oh and lets not forget "My mentor is the one who told me that sacrifice is what makes a hero! But he also told me Kanzaki Shiro is the villain. Oh well he can't always be right."

Also, Asakura's new attorney really is an idiot. "Let's just do EVERYTHING the past DEFENSE attorney said not to do! Yeah, because he totally had no reason to do these things. It's not like the items Asakura carried with him at all times could POSSIBLY be a means to escape, right?"
ImageImage
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

Alternative Zero... and his son, Yuuto... Zeronos and Yuuto Sakurai? Hmmmmmmm...
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

so does the new rider have a contract monster or what anyway good to see him in action once again i wouda thought they'd be a better guy using it rather than just that old scientist.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
bmnuser
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by bmnuser »

AeonRanger wrote:so does the new rider have a contract monster or what anyway good to see him in action once again i wouda thought they'd be a better guy using it rather than just that old scientist.
I think that monster that attacked Yui is his contract monster, seeing how he was apparently able to order it to attack Yui in the first place. However, what I want to know is whether Alternative's monster is a natural monster just like all the other monsters or was it something created alongside (and for) Alternative? I'm leaning towards the latter considering it looks rather artificial as compared to other monsters, and the fact that even with a contract card (albeit a contract card for a different system) I doubt you could convince a regular monster to help you seal off its dimension, ostensibly killing it.

As to your other point, I think Kagawa is more than just an "old scientist". He's able to fight better than Knight in his standard form, and probably on par with his Survive form as Ren used a diversion to retreat to save Yui rather than attempt to defeat Alternative (in a potentially protracted battle). He also fights with his head, analyzing attack patterns and quickly coming up with strategies to counter them, which makes for a rather dangerous fighter. Not every Rider has to be some young bachelor :lol:

Previously Watched: Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Garo, Ryukendo, Sh15uya, Densha Otoko
Deathstrike
Go Go!

Post by Deathstrike »

Well... kinda. Considering that his Rider System is based more on technology than mystical powers, I guess that he has no need for a contract monster.
The monster that he sent after Yui looked pretty "home made"
My guess is that he can make monsters himself by using whatever Kanazaki had written in that report.

Its kinda like the Trials in Blade. They were similar to the Undead, but they were more robotic.

By the way. Am I the only one who actually agrees with Kagawa?
"1 life for millions"
Ren is willing to let thousands of people die so that 1 girl can be saved.
I was beginning to like him more recently, but his selfishness in this episode made me dislike him a lot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably, Kagawa is oversimplifying it. For one thing, to accomplish his goal, he has to kill Yui, an unwilling sacrifice. This may or may not stop Mirror World since we don't know if it's a natural existing thing or something Kanzaki made. Then assuming he's right, Ren's girlfriend and Kitaoka will probably die as a result of their afflictions

Compare this to 13 guys who choose to participate in this battle for a chance to get something out of it
Deathstrike
Go Go!

Post by Deathstrike »

That is true, but you have to remember all the innocent people that are involved. We know that the Monsters stay alive by eating humans, and considering how many active wild monsters there are, one must assume that many humans are being killed on daily basis.
Closing the Mirror World would end this killing, as the monsters would starve to death.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm still not entirely sure that killing Yui would seal Mirror World. It just seems like Egawa's desperate theory

Anyway, it seems more like Egawa's plan is to stop Shirou to stop the Riders from fighting, thus saving their lives
bmnuser
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by bmnuser »

takenoko wrote:I'm still not entirely sure that killing Yui would seal Mirror World. It just seems like Egawa's desperate theory
You mean you're not going to take it on face value like Shinji?

Certainly Kagawa must know what he's talking about, he wears a white lab coat after all! :lol:

It seems like Mirror World and the Rider War are intertwined with each other, and both are created by Kanzaki Shiro for Yui's benefit, which my Obvious-Toku-Foreshadowing Detector tells me is probably related to her random fits of dissolving (which, by the way, she doesn't seem to notice -- I mean seriously, if I started looking like an Alka Seltzer I'd be a little freaked out).

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”