Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Ryuki 44 released

Post by Dengar »

I think they introduced him to make us get to know him a little then kill him off to shock us.

You know, the total opposite for what they did with Scissors.
riderkicker
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: BLACK
Dreamy: Hikawa
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa
Favorite Band: FoC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: King! Ha!

Post by riderkicker »

Thanks TV-N! Only one DVD left!

Man it was a sad ending. Sure I hated that Impala jerk, but the poor guy was hard up for money. He really was doomed from the beginning, as he couldn't have waited a month or two, doing that valet job at the lot?

What's the deal with monsters not eating their riders anymore? Was the PTA really disturbed by the crab monster consuming that cop?
And at that Albie cried a single tear which turned into a jelly bean all the colors of the rainbow! And
suddenly...Albie wasn't racist anymore!!!
Deathstrike
Go Go!

Post by Deathstrike »

I think Imperer had the most "realistic" character in the show.

If you really think about it in a realistic way, how many people do you know that would actually use their super powers to go out and save the world or fight monsters?
I think most people that I know, would use them to fix their everyday problems, such as financial or social issues.

And really now, I also thought that he was very annoying (though I blame that on the actor's part)
But calling him a jerk is very wrong.
I know a person who is just like him. Always trying to please others and lick the floor to become accepted, or trying to trade money for friendship.
If you want a jerk, then look at Toujo. Now THAT is a jerk.
There is nothing worse than a coward who stabs people in the back.

I am 100% sure that Imperer could have beaten Tiger if it had been a fair battle. But as usual, Tiger attacked when people were not looking.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Deathstrike wrote:I think Imperer had the most "realistic" character in the show.

If you really think about it in a realistic way, how many people do you know that would actually use their super powers to go out and save the world or fight monsters?
I think most people that I know, would use them to fix their everyday problems, such as financial or social issues.
I'm just gonna talk about the main riders (i.e. those that lasted for a while).

- Shinji fights for others. > Selfless and attempts to stop the Rider Battle. He's the only selfless one out of all the Riders. 1 out of 13 riders; if you think about it, Shinji is there to show how selfish we as humans are, if you think of it in a realistic way.

- Ren fights for his girlfriend. > Selfish. He did mention that the two of them (his girlfriend and himself) only had each other. It's no wonder why he fights so hard just for her.

- Kitaoka fights for his own life. > Who wouldn't? If you were in his position (rich and famous), knowing that your life is about to end, you would obviously fight for your own life.

- Asakura fights for the fun of it. > People who don't think, and merely act on impulse. There are tonnes of such people out there.

They are all realistic. Each Rider represents different types of humans. How is Imperer the "most realistic" then? Just because he fights for a good life doesn't make him more 'realistic' than others. I'd rather say he was more significant that the other minor Riders.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

When people say Imperer is realistic, they mean he's a relatable common man figure. Seeing as how most of us are doing menial or dead-end jobs, struggle daily for money, have girl problems, etc. we immediately relate to his problems.

- Shinji fights for others. > Selfless and attempts to stop the Rider Battle.

Shinji is kind of a stereotypical hero. Most people in real life aren't selfless to a fault like he is.

- Ren fights for his girlfriend. > Selfish.

I don't know if fighting for other people can be considered selfish. Most people don't kill and risk being killed for their girlfriends. His character is romantic, but not realistic

- Kitaoka fights for his own life. > Who wouldn't?

Right, but you said yourself that he's this super rich lawyer with his own personal servant. His lifestyle and personality aren't something most people can relate to

- Asakura fights for the fun of it.

Asakura is a very cool anti-hero, but very few people would willingly consider themselves clearly psychopathic. He's not realistic
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Maybe realistic is bad word to use to describe the other Riders. I needa find a better word (damn it, my lit exam is in 2 days! ><) But the Riders seem to represent different human traits and wants, just that its extreme and excessive.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

I kind of agree.

Like how Toujou represents how we would all like to be Heroes, but how we have to sacrifice our own want's and dreams to get the strength protect those of others, Though i think toujou took it literally it as meaning by killing people he cares about, he'll get Physically stronger.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

So Imperer finally get's what he wanted & he dies. I like how Imperer after becoming rich decided to keep on fighting in order to protect his new life, he really symbolized the entire battle that in order to protect what means the most to you you've gotta fight for it.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”