Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Agito | Ryuki | Faiz >
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Ryuki 50 Released (Final TV Episode)

Post by zeta_gundam »

^It would then feel like life goes on...
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Deus-Ex-Machina ending?
RRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!

But i will say most DEM endings are just a sign of poor writing (like St. Elsewhere's infamous last episode), but some shows can pull it off, like Ryuki did.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm not sure if St Elsewhere counts as a Deus Ex Machina, since a problem has to be fixed inexplicably, which from my understanding doesn't happen with the twist ending
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

True.

But something that is reveled just to me a dream or other didn't really happen (basically, a dream sequence or some variation) does count as Deus-Ex-Machina plot-reversal.

Like with the Last season of Roseanne, Season 9 of Dallas, the series Newhart, Peggy Bundy's pregnancy during season 9 of Married with Children......all things that where totally undone thanks to Deus-Ex-Machina resetting.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

erm guys i have a problem with downloading ryuki episode 50 when i download the torrent file it's called kamen rider ryuki and then when i download it using bitcomet it's all in parts and i've downloaded it and it's not there in my download folder help please!!!
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Right, but those are clear examples of using dream sequences to fix a preexisting problem. A problem has to exist to be fixed by deus ex machina. A dream sequence plot sequence is not in itself a deus ex machina
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

Well, ill have to give you that one Take.
Deathstrike
Go Go!

Post by Deathstrike »

Did you guys notice the blue eyes on Knight? Never knew he had any. I thought only Ryuki had them.
Ditto-chan
Gao

Post by Ditto-chan »

Deathstrike wrote:Did you guys notice the blue eyes on Knight? Never knew he had any. I thought only Ryuki had them.
What blue eyes?
If u mean that one gem on his forehead, it's been there since episode 1... And Ryuki's is red... :P
Show some screenshot will ya? It'll make things clear... :D
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Ditto-chan wrote:
Deathstrike wrote:Did you guys notice the blue eyes on Knight? Never knew he had any. I thought only Ryuki had them.
What blue eyes?
If u mean that one gem on his forehead, it's been there since episode 1... And Ryuki's is red... :P
Show some screenshot will ya? It'll make things clear... :D
Spoiler
You can see them in the battle against Odin when he burst into light

Look in the spoiler tag for answer.

Also you can see them when Knight is close up on the screen and when the light hits his visor just enough to catch a glimpse.
ImageImage
Darien_Shields
7X

Post by Darien_Shields »

Wow, what a way to go. That was... wow, that was something.

I think what I found the most sad in this episode was Kitaoka's death. He... he finally grew a conscience (or just gave into one that was always there) and felt a sense of responsibility to fight Asakura... but then in the end, he couldn't fulfil his duty. I really liked him throughout the series- he was one of the most amusing characters and I was always worried that he'd get killed off before the end... I'm glad he got the screentime he deserved in the end. It was... kinda poignant.

I'm actually torn on whose death hit me worse, his or Shinji's. Shinji's was a huge shock, especially with all that blood. I thought it was kinda watered down by the length of his last words, though. It was still woah but... now I can't remember much of his actual speech, beyond his general resolution.
takenoko wrote:I'm curious, do you guys think it would have been better if they just ended it with Knight winning the battle and everyone else dead? Personally, I think so.
Hmmm. I kinda think so. Obviously it's a pretty downcast note to end the series on, which is probably why they couldn't get away with it. I felt a liiittle bit dissatisfied with his wish, since Eri has had very little presence since dropping back into her coma, and I had sort of begun to think that Ren's motivations had changed (since she urged him not to fight for her sake).

The "WTF Ending" was... kinda WTF? ^_^;

The general conclusion is that it's what the world would have been like without the mirror world, but I have another theory. I'm guessing that it's based on Yui's last words before vanishing- "Lets draw again, but not monsters. Lets draw a world where everyone's happy together". Instead of just taking themselves out of the picture, Yui and Kanzaki remade the world the way they wanted... making everyone happier. (possibly explaining why Asakura isn't in jail, and maaaybe magically curing Kitaoka's cancer. One can only hope)
Ditto-chan
Gao

Post by Ditto-chan »

Gunzy wrote:
Spoiler
You can see them in the battle against Odin when he burst into light

Look in the spoiler tag for answer.

Also you can see them when Knight is close up on the screen and when the light hits his visor just enough to catch a glimpse.
Ahaks! Gomen... Now you've mentioned it... I seek out a few other episode and found his eyes like that if closed up and in bright condition... :P
I guess it's nothing special other than just effects... Correct me if I'm wrong.. :)
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Post by Gunzy »

It's just how his helmet was designed.
ImageImage
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Gay stare

Post by Bauffie »

I loved the ending. Well, I guess it would have been a really cool ending if it stopped at Ren being the sole survivor, but seeing (almost) everything work out because the rider war never happened was really nice as well. It left us on a happy note(and really, it was cool seeing everyone again). Oh hey, it's the butterfly effect!

I love how everything ended in drama. I loved seeing Kitaoka becoming so sick so he couldn't move. Seeing Reiko sitting alone at the restaurant made it even sadder. Everyone had a beautiful death. :T (except for Scissors... man, sucks to be him) Gorou-chan actually did a favor to Asakura by giving him a last chance to fight Zolda(even though he only wanted to fight Kitaoka mm mmm).
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Re: Gay stare

Post by Gunzy »

Bauffie wrote:I loved the ending. Well, I guess it would have been a really cool ending if it stopped at Ren being the sole survivor, but seeing (almost) everything work out because the rider war never happened was really nice as well. It left us on a happy note(and really, it was cool seeing everyone again). Oh hey, it's the butterfly effect!
Don't forget the whole thing about Yui's grandma being all stubborn since in the ending:
Spoiler
Yui had not switched places with the other Yui.

All in all it was a great end to a great series.
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”