Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Agito | Ryuki | Faiz >
AesPir
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dancing!

Re: Ryuki 50 Released (Final TV Episode)

Post by AesPir »

Phoenix512 wrote:I guess I need to say this again. This is the final episode discussion thread. Please leave talking about the special and movie out of this thread. If you want to talk about all three, do it in the complete series discussion thread.
My apologies. I wished to figure out the correct order, since the movie topic has the massive spoiler warning I actually DID wait till the end of the series to avoid being spoiled... and I'm glad I did, as a matter of fact. But as to why, I won't discuss that here, and never intended to. ^_^

As for the DEM ending, it's rather well explained. It didn't feel like DEM, because it wasn't pulled out of the writer's crack randomly, as is often the case. It worked well here... amazingly. There are things I could nitpick, but all in all this has been one of my favorite shows to watch ever and I thank you all for bringing it to me.
Ichida
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Favorite Actor?: Takeda Kouhei
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Ichida »

Honestly? Lamest, most copouttiest Kamen Rider ending ever. The rest of the series was great though, despite there being no real gamebreaking superpowerful ability like other series (Odin was apparently about to use his before Kanzaki zapped him).

Am going to finally watch the movie now, I am looking forward to a better ending. :D
SuperIchi, Blue Caster of Radio Sentai Castranger (formerly Ichida za Zeal)
our tokustasu weekly review podcast, blending seasoned veteran critique, reactionary hilarity, & anguished screams of cringe/shock
http://castranger.podbean.com
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Why do people ignore what Azazel and I say? - Phoenix512

But this is about the TV episode. So I'll focus on that.

It was kind of a mediocre ending for me. It just didn't have the same emotional power that say, Blade's ending had, which yeah I'll admit, I cried HARD at the ending of Blade.

That said, it wasn't bad. Seeing Reiko at the restaurant, with Kitaoka on the couch holding the rose, that was really well done. Gorou's death was also nicely done, and a final shaft to Asakura, who I really only liked when he was opposing Toujo (by that I mean I only supported him then, I wanted the others to beat him senseless all the other times).

A lot of things were still left unexplained. Why were the Monsters Yui drew as a kid in Mirror World? How was Kanzaki controlling it? Was the wish that was to be granted to the winner just a hoax to get people to fight? What was the deal with those dragonfly things?

I suppose those questions are outside the scope of the show. It's a bit annoying to not get answers, but ultimately the show wasn't about those things anyway, it was about Shinji. In THAT sense, I feel the ending was a good one, it showed how Shinji affected the Rider Battle, and how he got his wish to end the fighting and protect everyone after all.

So while it was an acceptable ending, and I have no problems with it (other than how confusing it was), it just didn't have the emotional kick as other series' endings.

And Shinji is still an awesome Rider.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Which reminds me, at the end there was this picture of a great number of Advent Cards together, and it showed a third Survive card. wth was that?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

^

Maybe something they thought up but couldn't fit into the series?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

That third card was Survive Mugen (Eternity, I believe). It's part of Odin's deck.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think people just assume that Odin is always in Survive mode. He's gilded like Ryuki and Knight when they're in Survive
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

takenoko wrote:I'm curious, do you guys think it would have been better if they just ended it with Knight winning the battle and everyone else dead? Personally, I think so.
For me that would've been the more logical ending, but it ruins the beauty of it. I like this ending better. Besides, he won against Odin anyway (even if it is by technicality).
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I really enjoyed the episode. It was a great ending to a great series, and during the entire episode I was glued to my screen. Although that last little bit was very "What....the.....fuck" with the "Hey look, nothing ever happened!". Im glad the true main character got his wish, and in a way, Shinji got his too. The series as a whole has placed it self up there with Blade as my one of my favorite series.

Thank you so much to TVN for your work on this. The effort and quality in each episode is what makes watching subs here such a joy.

Heres to the 555 remake, Double, or whatever else may come in the future~!
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

Wow....that's a lot of dying for one episode.

Its odd, somehow this managed to be one of the saddest endings and at the same time most satisfying endings of any Kamen Rider series I've seen. Not sure how it did both of those things.

I think I'm a little vexed that Asakura outlived Shinji, but not by long.

I'm a little confused how Megumi ended up at Ore Journal without all the stuff in the middle happening, but I guess it could happen.

Did Ren really win the Rider war or did Kanzaki just give up.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Iaatix wrote:Did Ren really win the Rider war or did Kanzaki just give up.
Ren would have lost if Shirou didn't stop Odin when he realized that Yui would hate him for bringing her back to life in that way. By default, Ren won the war since he was last Rider standing.
riderkicker
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: BLACK
Dreamy: Hikawa
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa
Favorite Band: FoC
My boom: King! Ha!

Post by riderkicker »

Damn Kanzaki, he had to go turn back time, undoing all that character development! Aw well, at least it stopped those dragonfly monsters from killing everybody.

Thanks TV-N! For subbing a great series.
And at that Albie cried a single tear which turned into a jelly bean all the colors of the rainbow! And
suddenly...Albie wasn't racist anymore!!!
Dracus
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Dracus »

takenoko wrote:I'm curious, do you guys think it would have been better if they just ended it with Knight winning the battle and everyone else dead? Personally, I think so.
I've been thinking about this on and off all day and... Yea, I think it would have been better if it ended that way. Although Ren did technically win the Rider War, it was a hollow victory; he'd lost so much over the course of the war and he didn't even win the final fight - had Kanzaki not come to his senses, Odin probably would have easily beaten Knight considering the way it was going, I think.

It's such a downing ending in so many ways, but at the same time I think it would have been the most emotive. Hitting the reset button for some of the characters was nice in some ways, but sad in others since all of the character development that went on right from the word go no longer happened. Seeing Shinji and Ren staring at each other right at the end pretty much sums it up. So close in one life, complete strangers the next.

It kinda makes the rest of the episode's happenings seem a lot less effective. Kitoaka's death, and Gorou's in his place, was the strongest point of the episode for me - Gorou died an honourable death, carrying on the fight his Sensei couldn't. Seeing such a strong act reversed, especially so quickly, kinda put me off of the ending slightly.

...And now I'm rambling. :D Simple answer - everyone should have stayed dead!

Also, a massive thanks to everyone who worked on this series; it got me into Kamen Rider! I'd hate to imagine how many months went into all this... >.> You guys did a fantastic job! :D
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

I kind of think it would have been better to not do the reset. It actually looked to me like it was patched on because someone wanted a happier ending. It took a lot of the impact out of the last few episodes.

I would like them to go back to darker Kamen Rider series like Ryuki.
AesPir
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
My boom: Dancing!

Post by AesPir »

Yeah, I do think the hollow victory ending would have illustrated Shinji's point of the rider battle being senseless. But the happy end wasn't bad either.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”