XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Ryuki 50 Released (Final TV Episode)

Post by XIII »

Well its the end of a journey for us, a year in the making I do believe or close there abouts, its a nice to finish another show, but its also sad since there is no more, but anyway, unward and upward

So with Shinji dead, it leaves Ren to face upto Odin in the final battle
Zolda and Ouja have a final face off, but with a slight twist
Today was a good day to die for people
It's quite a tragic end to the story really

Now, Im not entirely sure on the ending, since I did go a bit WTF at it, but thinking about it, the wish that someone made is just and quite a nice end to the series really,

NOTE: Please keep the alternative endings discussion out of this thread, save that for the series discussion thread that will appear soon

I have really enjoyed working on this series, its been quite different to see a series where the Riders actually die off and the main character isnt the main character, its a bit backwards if you do think about it, but its a great story line, truly one of the great Kamen Rider Series.

We hope you have enjoyed watching this and we hope that you enjoy our future Kamen Rider projects as much as us the staff will enjoy working on them
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Ryuki 50 Released (Final TV Episode)

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was a bit sad that Asakura didn't get the final battle he truly deserve with Kitaoka but a hollow victory with Gorou instead. As for the ending, I like it. If you think about it, some of the things will still happen regardless of the Rider War like Kitaoka's cancer, Asakura will still be a criminal, and Imperor would still get his wish. In a way, it eliminates some of the relationships that would never happen without the War especially Ren and Shinji's relationship. Ren would be much happier as Eri would be still alive since there was no Mirror World experiments. Tezuka would still be alive along with his friend even though Asakura will still injure his friend's hand making him unable to play piano. Jun will still be alive but still a prick. The three Odin puppets would be alive as well. Hajime and Toujou would be alive and follow a different path without Mirror World. Overall without the Rider War, people are generally alive.

Here's something you may not have noticed. The karaoke for the OP has 11 different versions depending on the Rider. Thanks to zeldAIS for making 11 versions of the karaoke. Now here are the stats for each karaoke that was used for the show.

Spoiler
  • Spoiler
    Ryuki - 11
    Knight - 10
    Ouja - 6
    Tiger - 5
    Zolda - 4
    Raia - 4
    Imperor - 3
    Scissors - 2
    Gai - 2
    Odin - 2
    Verde - 1 (Special)

I would like to thank Azazel for teaching me to make the montage you see in the final episode. It was a long journey to typeset an entire TV series and my first typesetting job for TV-Nihon. It was fun and I get to look forward to do more Shinkenger stuff along with future projects.
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

Wow, its been a real privilege working on Ryuki. I've probably seen this series 3-4 times. With Ryuki being one of my favorite series, it makes me really happy to see it finally fully subbed.
Shinji's death is actually one of my favorite moments in Kamen Rider history. I mean, its never been done as far as I know. So that leaves Ren, which I kinda find cool since he was the first Rider we saw in the beginning, and now he's the last. Asakura, well I have no problem with him XP. But for Kitaoka and Gorou-chan, I felt sad for them.
Now, I've been told that this ending, not alot of people liked. I actually liked this ending, I find it unique. Then I once heard a long time ago "What was the point of it? It's like it never happened." True, but I think it's a good thing, no one was killed, or hurt for that matter.
Overall, I had fun watching Ryuki. From beginning to end it was a joy ride for me.
I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ryuki was my first Kamen Rider series, and of course it was the first series that I had seen to an end. Even now I kind of feel like there's something about the ending that eludes me.

Overall I think this is the kind of ending that Ryuki had to have. Knight wins the battle, not through pure will or fighting prowess, but by the things Shinji said to Shirou before dying.

And if I understand it right, Shirou and Yui end up dying as kids and living in Mirror World, thus making none of these events happen? At least, I assume from the photo at the end that they're dead

Anyway, it was rocking to go through this series again. Good work everyone
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

In a way, the series was about Ren and how he changed from just saving Eri to someone who wanted to save everyone. Ren was first Rider that we see and the first to get his Survive upgrade. Usually the title Rider appears first and gets the upgrades but not in this case. Generally I liked most of the characters including Asakura as he grew on me. Tiger and Gai were just pricks for the most part except in Tiger's case, he truly became a hero in the end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>In a way, the series was about Ren and how he changed from just saving Eri to someone who wanted to save everyone.

I definitely agree that the true main Rider was Ren in the same way Blade was truly about Hajime. Shinji is our general all around good guy character who we see the world through, but the plot was definitely about the personal struggles going around him.

>including Asakura as he grew on me.

I think Asakura is the kind of villain that you kind of cheer for. He's badass and doesn't care what society thinks of him, he just does his own thing. There were definitely some spots where I was like "damn, why'd he have to be a jerk and kill that guy" but for the most part he was a fun character to watch

Tiger was just kind of this whiny, cowardly, passive aggressive, emo kid. Even in death, I can't help but think he was just a nutball who didn't know what he was doing

But overall I liked most of the Riders and thought that their back stories and personalities were all pretty well crafted

Verde said it best. Everyone in society is a Kamen Rider. Is putting on a suit and fighting things out to solve your problems that different from being a lawyer in the court system, a businessman, a cop, a criminal, a thug on the street, or a journalist fighting with information?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This was the first project I started working on for TV-Nihon, and I'm kinda sad to see it go. I had a great time watching, editing, and occasionally wondering who was asleep on the job XD (I'm kidding, you're all wonderful people and I'd like to keep working here.) I hope everyone will continue supporting TV-Nihon releases as we move on to other series.

The ending was quite a change from the usual pace of the series, but I liked that it became serious when necessary and kept the spirit alive at the very end. It brought a refreshing amount of maturity to an otherwise usually childish series.

I kinda want to re-watch this with a running tally of mirrors broken so I can figure out how much bad luck everyone incurred by making this show.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I liked most of characters. I am especially fond of Ryuki through his journey to search for his "answer." He's like a noble warrior, didn't want to take a easy way out, which make watching him quite painful at times.

I really liked Ouja, he's just fun rider to watch which makes me feel a bit guilt, but I can't help enjoying his battles and lines.

When looking back, I still chuckled when I could not tell what gender Yui was from the first ep until I saw her in a skirt.

To me, basically Kamen Rider Ryuki is all about "What are you fighting for?" which is fun to watch and to think about. If you find out what you will fight for, it leaves to how will you do it and whether it's right or not. It's probably one of series that is with Blade as part of my favorite KR series, due to awesome storyline, characters, and reasons within.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I always hear some ppl saying that the show should have been called "Kamen Rider Knight", because Knight is the one that survives in both the main and the special ending arcs.

But I think ppl tend to miss the point, that 'Ryuki' was ultimately the one that survived. Shinji's wish that the fighting didn't occur came thru, and in the Ryuki special:sorry, this is discussion about the final episode of Ryuki, if you want to compare endings, do it in the series discussion thread, it's stated in the first post of this thread - Phoenix512

I don't see 'Ryuki' as the Rider, but rather as the wish that's ultimately fulfilled. Anyone else thought this way too?
----------
Oops, my bad. Just that my sentence wouldn't make sense if I didn't add that part.
Last edited by zeta_gundam on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AesPir
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dancing!

Post by AesPir »

I stayed away from the forums to avoid spoilers once you guys released the movie (cause there is always some guy who thinks it's doesn't mean that much to others), so now I gotta ask, which do I watch first, the Special or the Movie?

That said, WOW! What a great series. I'm sad that I won't have any more releases of this to look forward to. I started watching Kiva a while back, but nowhere near the same...

I was very satisfied with the ending. A great end to a great series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You were supposed to see the movie and specials when we released them, they coincided with when they were shown in Japan.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by Sloth MD »

Now THIS is how you do a Final episode!

Thank you for subbing this series. At first I didn't like it, but it grew on me. And the ending didn't disappoint me at all.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I guess I need to say this again. This is the final episode discussion thread. Please leave talking about the special and movie out of this thread. If you want to talk about all three, do it in the complete series discussion thread.
Rider Tristan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: The current Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Double/W
My boom: Decade's Conga Beat

Post by Rider Tristan »

Hm... what to say...

Well, seeing as it's only talk for this episode, I'd have to say I was actually thrown off by the ending a bit. Kind of confusing if you don't put too much thought into it. I only understood it better when I saw some of the earlier posts in this topic.

Also, they clearly loved their blindingly white light in this episode.
There's a reason why Decade AU Odin's user has not been shown...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm curious, do you guys think it would have been better if they just ended it with Knight winning the battle and everyone else dead? Personally, I think so.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”