Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Ryuki complete series discussion thread

Post by Zazelle »

They should have put all of the riders in the actual series, it would have been nice to see Femme and Verde's stories more. Ryuga was kinda meh to me, he was just a cooler version of Ryuki.
Kenzaki Kazuma
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
Dreamy: Shiori Hirose
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: RiderChips
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: OOO Medals
Quote: "I strive to protect the smiles of others"
-Yusuke Godai

Post by Kenzaki Kazuma »

Ryuki being the first series i watched, when i was about 13, really made toku expode into my life. It has been and always wil be, the greatest rider series in my life. Shinji is the first Kamen Rider (that i know of) who has really takin into account: "This war for a wish is about killing people, and thats not right" Shinji can really be wuss soetimes, but thats why we all love him. I also needed to buy the ryuki stuff too, to complete my love for the series. i have the dx belt, the R&M, the capsule memory, the card readers, you name it. The best scene, without a doubt, is when Shinji
Spoiler
finally gets fed up with ouja and goes survive to finish him off. (being interupted by Tiger, of course)

This also brought in the biggest jackass of all time, tiger.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: This also brought in the biggest jackass of all time, tiger.
I will agree that Kamen Rider Tiger was jackass, but the biggest Jackass Award goes to
Spoiler
Kusaka/Kaixa of 555
. Sure, there were plenty of arrogant bastards like Yuuto/Zeronos or Nago/IXA, crazy thieves Kaito/DiEnd, and then there was Tendou/Kabuto who is in a league of his own.

As for the series in general: I think it did a pretty good job especially with ORE Journal finding out about Mirror World and the Kamen Riders.

I felt sorry for Kitaoka/Zolda at the end, he didn't even get to go out fighting.
Asakura/Ouja: well, he was a psychotic criminal, so that was a justified ending.
Shinji/Ryuki: when I saw him spit out blood, I was thinking, WTFH!?! Did not like the shonen-ai moment between him and Ren after the fight with the mass-spawn Monsters.
Ren/Knight: I felt sorry for him, I think he died right there after giving Eri their rings.

The "Return to the Past" thing was a nice thought, but I would have preferred a better ending *haven't seen the Movie or Special as of right now {1007 AM CDT 21 Sept 2011}

EDIT: Just finished watching the Movie and the Special. Will admit that Ryuki does have the possibilities contained in the series, Movie and Special. All four endings can work in their own way. But I still hate the fact that in all three *series, Movie, Special* they have that freaking shonen-ai pairing of Dragon/Knight. It's sad, was this series made by fangirls near the end?

The horrible thing aside, "Kamen Rider Ryuki" was a pretty good series in my opinion. *still laughing at the fact that Scissor didn't last long in the special either*
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Zazelle wrote:They should have put all of the riders in the actual series, it would have been nice to see Femme and Verde's stories more. Ryuga was kinda meh to me, he was just a cooler version of Ryuki.
didn't they do that with Kamen Rider Dragon Knight?
Dikkir
Adventure

Post by Dikkir »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote: I felt sorry for Kitaoka/Zolda at the end, he didn't even get to go out fighting.
Asakura/Ouja: well, he was a psychotic criminal, so that was a justified ending.
Shinji/Ryuki: when I saw him spit out blood, I was thinking, WTFH!?! Did not like the shonen-ai moment between him and Ren after the fight with the mass-spawn Monsters.
Ren/Knight: I felt sorry for him, I think he died right there after giving Eri their rings.

The "Return to the Past" thing was a nice thought, but I would have preferred a better ending *haven't seen the Movie or Special as of right now {1007 AM CDT 21 Sept 2011}

EDIT: Just finished watching the Movie and the Special. Will admit that Ryuki does have the possibilities contained in the series, Movie and Special. All four endings can work in their own way. But I still hate the fact that in all three *series, Movie, Special* they have that freaking shonen-ai pairing of Dragon/Knight. It's sad, was this series made by fangirls near the end?

The horrible thing aside, "Kamen Rider Ryuki" was a pretty good series in my opinion. *still laughing at the fact that Scissor didn't last long in the special either*
I don't see how the scene of Shinji and Ren in Episode 49 is a shonen-ai moment. I see it a tear jerker heartbreaking scene in which a dying guy sincerely hopes for his best friend to survive a terrible war and passes on his determination and his death is a heavy blow to the one standing. The same goes for other endings - best friends, of course, can do that to one another. Sure, some fangirls pair them up, but that doesn't mean you have to see them that way, nor did the producers/scriptwriters intentionally make them a pairing.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

shinji died a hero and not shonen-ai... not all riders can go down as heroic as he did even as just a human...
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Okay, I get it. Never was a guy that could understand feelings especially when there is a monitor involved. Either way, "Kamen Rider Ryuki" is a great series. The "What-Ifs" was nicely done. And the Movie was wonderfully told.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Just finished watching Ryuki. Considering my first two Kamen Riders were Fourze and Wizard, this series is in a completely different ballpark: much darker, and Zolda, Ouja, and Tiger make anti-heroes in the later shows look like wusses by comparison. No forced redemption for Asakara was a plus. I agree with whoever said I wish Shouichi should have been allowed to go down fighting. Though I hated Shouichi in the beginning, he really began to grow on me and, honestly, may have ended up my favorite character in the series. He's much more complex than how he's introduced in his first few episodes.

The ending...I didn't really feel the ending. Shinji dying in the penultimate episode and Ren being the overall victor...just doesn't seem right. Asakara's end was just insane. I felt sorry for Gorou-chan...he was so loyal he was willing to become Zolda for Shouichi.

Overall, I liked this show. Haven't watched the movie yet but will soon, and then it's on to 555.
Last edited by redfarmer on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

redfarmer wrote:I agree with whoever said I wish Shouichi should have been allowed to go down fighting. Though I hated Shouichi in the beginning, he really began to grow on me and, honestly, may have ended up my favorite character in the series. He's much more complex than how he's introduced in his first few episodes.
Shouichi, as in the rider from Kamen Rider Agito?
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by redfarmer »

ReversedSentai wrote:
redfarmer wrote:I agree with whoever said I wish Shouichi should have been allowed to go down fighting. Though I hated Shouichi in the beginning, he really began to grow on me and, honestly, may have ended up my favorite character in the series. He's much more complex than how he's introduced in his first few episodes.
Shouichi, as in the rider from Kamen Rider Agito?
Shouichi as in Shouichi Kitaoka, Kamen Rider Zolda.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

His name is Shuichi, not Shouichi. (秀一)
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by redfarmer »

ReversedSentai wrote:His name is Shuichi, not Shouichi. (秀一)
Tell that to the people at the Kamen Rider wiki then: http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Shouichi_Kitaoka

I do look these things up first before posting so I don't look silly when I misspell Japanese names. :lol:
Watched:

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

It should be Shuichi. Sometimes it's spelled as "Shuuichi" to stress that "u".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think we used Shuuichi? 北岡 秀一(きたおか しゅういち)

Sometimes the u is dropped when romanizing Japanese names, but it is by no means a hard and fast rule. Shuichi and Shuuichi are both acceptable ways of spelling it, as well as...

Syuichi according to the 13 Riders manga. But spelling it with an o is incorrect, Redfarmer. Sorry, but the wikia is wrong. You can even check their pronunciation guide to see that there's no o in it. From their site: (北岡 秀一, Kitaoka Shūichi). But the nice thing about wikipedia is that you can always go in and fix it.

Edit: Oh wow, that's retarded. If you put in http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Shuichi_Kitaoka it redirects from a correct spelling to the incorrect one. If you want further proof, please check the actual wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ka ... hi_Kitaoka or our wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Ryuki
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by redfarmer »

Ok I trust you all over a wiki. I left a message on the wiki's talk page. Hopefully they'll get it fixed.

In any case, Shuuichi is one of my favorite characters in the series. :lol:
Watched:

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”