Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Find TN/Kamen Rider via Dragon Knight?

Post by takenoko »

Just curious, is there anyone out there that started watching Kamen Rider/TN subs because of Dragon Knight?
chubbysentaihero
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Flashman
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ki Ranger
Favorite Actor?: Daita Ooiwa
Favorite Band: Coheed and Cambria
My boom: Yogurt
Quote: Boukenger! Boukenger!! Boukenger!!!

Re: Find TN/Kamen Rider via Dragon Knight?

Post by chubbysentaihero »

They are bound to be, specially with how they left the name almost intact...but doubt anyone will admit to it on the open. We never saw Power Ranger, didn't we....eh eh...right? ahem!...
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

I Watch power rangers, I have since the first day, I am not ashamed of it and no one else should.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Remember that shame is what helps you get along with people in society
chubbysentaihero
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Flashman
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ki Ranger
Favorite Actor?: Daita Ooiwa
Favorite Band: Coheed and Cambria
My boom: Yogurt
Quote: Boukenger! Boukenger!! Boukenger!!!

Post by chubbysentaihero »

lostinbrave wrote:I Watch power rangers, I have since the first day, I am not ashamed of it and no one else should.
I was being sarcastic, I was screaming like a teenage 14 year old girl at a Channa Fontanna concert when i saw Power Rangers Turbo in theaters for the 4th time, me and my brother were the only ones in the room but who cares lol.
Useless Bruce
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Useless Bruce »

I actually found out about this group from watching Kabuto episodes. I was hoping Dragon Knight would become popular enough to get more shows over here. But looks like The CW channel is canceling the show before the final two episodes air.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... f-schedule

I remember seeing promos for the show and the video games so the company at least tried to get the word out. Looks like a US Kabuto will have to wait.
Granis
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Granis »

I.....I found out about this whole Toku thing via Dragon Knight. Dragon Knight was just such a "step in the right direction" compared to Power rangers. I had previously watched things like Angel and Firefly and Stargate prior to watching Dragon Knight. Power Rangers was mostly a horror from my childhood. (I'd had watched it back when Haim Saban had full creative control. I also watched bits of Masked Rider US, and had recently read the "Ishinomori on his deathbed ordering Masked Rider's cancellation." bruhaha.) Dragon Knight was good for a tween action show, heck, the addition of the well-made suits and props actually put it's action scenes well above a Whedon show.

I started watching Ryuki and am presently at episode 11. it's so different from Dragon Knight, but good lord the DK team had their hands full making it PC for US children's programming. sad that it still came to an abrupt end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cool, someone actually talking about the topic. You see, despite my feelings about remakes, I find that fascinating. Anyway, welcome, hope you like the Japanese version
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

The Japanese version takes Dragon Knight and dubs it. Perhaps you meant the original show?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Rai Ryuzaki
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: megumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Rai Ryuzaki »

Saw the dragon knight promos so I searched kamen rider on wiki and saw the diffrent shows. Started with Kiva and thats how I found out about you guys
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

I started by looking up Power Rangers on Wikipedia and made my way over to Super Sentai, then Kamen Rider. I played the Kamen Rider PSX games and then decided to try watching the show since I enjoyed the Ryuki game so much.
TheZen
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: DragonRanger

Post by TheZen »

Honestly, I kinda want to see Dragon Knight. I started Ryuki and wasn't really feeling it (but then again, it was the first KR series I tried, and then Kabuto finally sucked me in). I think I could try it again, but I was really curious to see how Dragon Knight turned out.

I really think a Masked Rider series has better potential than Power Rangers (even if Saban got it back and is trying to bring the old flare back) because in Western culture, even though team ups are popular right now (The Avengers), it's normally only good when people have fallen in love with one hero at a time (Marvel's Iron Man 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America) than when they're being introduced all at once like in a Super Sentai series. If Saban really went modern with the Kamen Rider theme like starting with W and onward, maybe skipping Fourze since space isn't cool anymore, they could really put together something great. I think if they migrated Kabuto with the same type of protagonist (actually, they could use the same actor, since he is very fluent in English and is from Europe), it would be amazing.

I remember how I loved VR Troopers because each person had their own fight to deal with and it felt more like how I imagined being a team of heroes would be. Fighting a fight here, there, and everywhere because evil isn't always single-minded. Of course, now you know that they fused 3 series together to create that show, but the way they did it was pretty neat as a kid. It's basically the reason I like Kamen Rider more. The darker, deeper storylines can really capture a fan base that's starving for something awesome again.

It's better than revamping Voltron, Thundercats, and a bunch of old Nickelodeon shows.
No nuts, no donuts.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”