To the death!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Agito | Ryuki | Faiz >
twentyninesix
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by twentyninesix »

Kuro wrote:I guess for me it was mostly the rider's motivation. They weren't fighting because they were nice guys trying to save the day. They fought (and were willing to kill) to fullfill their wishes. The monsters on the other side weren't killing because they are evil or something like that. They were hungry beasts and humans the prey.
Also it's 50 episodes of free-for-all non-stop fighting. What else could you want?
totally..I agree!! :D
Snow
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: KAGAMI
Favorite Actor?: Guy who plays Kagami
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Snow »

............................. Ditto
agunimon
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by agunimon »

I have a question. I just found out the TVN did the first seven episodes but when did they last realease an episode for it. Im only asking cuz its not on their tracker.
Luna
Infinity

Re: What got you into this series? *POST NO SPOILERS*

Post by Luna »

Ryuki was the first series I saw. It was way back in 2001 or something where my dad bought a Kamen Rider Ryuki DVD (Dubbed in Thai), but then I never really got into it. My brother apparently liked it so much that he looked all over the net to find it but then he didn't remember Kamen Rider until March 2007 or something. Eventually, I was on Youtube and my brother wanted to watch it so much that I decided to search for it and we saw the first episode subbed by TV-Nihon. After we watched Episodes 1-6 by TV-Nihon and then the others by HK (I didn't know that HK was a Chinese group at the time), we started to watch Den-O then Blade. I thought Ryuki was always funny at points but then it was interesting. But then fighting in a mirror isn't so realistic because you kinda have a limit to it. But I thought Ryuki was pretty nice, it's not the best, but it's not the worst.
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

I personaly tried watching it after faiz and I was put off. Is there a turning point I can hope for?
ben dover

Post by ben dover »

haven't seen it but saw some ep in youtube and it seem alright
Luna
Infinity

Post by Luna »

I really could see why Ryuki was rated poorly. It didn't carry on to be as good as Blade and Faiz and so on, but it still did get fans. The only thing I probably didn't like is how the monsters (I don't want to give out their name) don't really add to the story. They're just there .. as you can see in almost every episode.
Spectrum
Honey System
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, Gekiranger
Dreamy: Ran from Gransazer
Favorite Actor?: Araki Hirofumi (Rio)
Favorite Band: Blind Guardian
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Rio from Gekiranger

Post by Spectrum »

Luna wrote:I really could see why Ryuki was rated poorly. It didn't carry on to be as good as Blade and Faiz and so on, but it still did get fans. The only thing I probably didn't like is how the monsters (I don't want to give out their name) don't really add to the story. They're just there .. as you can see in almost every episode.
Yes, you're right, the monsters are pretty tame and mostly serve only as an excuse to provide the mandatory fight sequence in every episode.

But the story is not monster-driven. It's driven by the conflict between the Riders. And I MUCH prefer this kind of story over a Monster of the Week driven one, like in most Sentai or Power Rangers. Because this is a real story, as opposed to just mostly unrelated episodes. That's why Kamen Rider rules overall.

For me, I was initially intrigued by the mystery of the background: What is the Mirror world? Where do the monsters and card decks come from? Who is Kanzaki Shirou and what is the deal with him? Later on, as more Riders are introduced (and this series has an assload of Riders) the story is driven by them, with the wiever anxious to find out how it turns out: Who dies and who lives?

Fight to survive! :twisted:
- Spectrum

"Yasashiku, hageshiku, hitomi tojita nara... ai o sutete shishi to nare!"
("With tenderness, with violence, with closed eyes... cast away love and become a lion!")

- Rio
Luna
Infinity

Post by Luna »

Really, if they had the time, instead of monsters, they could have had more than 13 riders (probably about 25 for 1 for two episodes) so that way it would've been more about the riders. But then the monsters that appeared in the beginning looked like they had a purpose until it gets past the next few riders.
XATMO8G
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?

Post by XATMO8G »

Well this is just my opinion. I think the weapons, and the machines and all as well as the rider designs and pretty interesting. I also like the way they use cards as a theme. It brought some complicated storylines and not enough explanation. I think there wasn't much fighting and it was pretty tame. It was also nice to see that there were so many riders. Heres the thing I hate most about it. There was 3 or was it 4 different endings and none of them really was official and it was more like you decide which one you wanna believe in. I think amongst all the modern riders this was the worse. I only watched it because it had some awesome rider fighting and the armors and weapons were cool.
DaikaijuSokogeki!
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Ken'ichi Matsuyama
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

Basically, I went on a spree after finishing 555 and Kabuto to watch as many KR shows as I could. However, I tried to watch episode 7 with the HK subs and...just turned it off. Funny to think by that point
Spoiler
Riders were already introduced. Am I the only one that thinks Rider of the week compared to monster of the week is a bad idea?
Leilani
Gao
Favorite Band: Sonata Arctica

Post by Leilani »

I started watching this after catching the KR: Dragon Knight Pilot.

Of the two opening episodes Ryuki just grabbed me so much more
And to think once upon a time there was something called real life
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

When I saw what Ryuki looked like, I thought: WTF, and I downloaded the eps TVN had at the time. I really liked it though.

Spectrum
Honey System
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, Gekiranger
Dreamy: Ran from Gransazer
Favorite Actor?: Araki Hirofumi (Rio)
Favorite Band: Blind Guardian
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Rio from Gekiranger

Post by Spectrum »

Leilani wrote:I started watching this after catching the KR: Dragon Knight Pilot.

Of the two opening episodes Ryuki just grabbed me so much more
Is the Dragon Knight pilot out?
- Spectrum

"Yasashiku, hageshiku, hitomi tojita nara... ai o sutete shishi to nare!"
("With tenderness, with violence, with closed eyes... cast away love and become a lion!")

- Rio
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

The relationship between Ren and Shinji got me into this series~ I clearly remember the first time Shinji calling Ren's name...He said Ron(LOL) and Ouja...he is really a strong opponent, he bring a lot of interesting content to this series, that's all~

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”