Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Agito | Ryuki | Faiz >
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Don't understand ending

Post by OOOKaiser »

I don't understand the ending of Ryuki. So did Yui Kanzaki give up her life to give the kamen riders a second chance? Why did she turn into a little girl again in the last episode?
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Re: Don't understand ending

Post by squashy »

Yui and Shirou have a mysterious power to creat the Mirror World. They have actually died before the series started (Yui in the past incident, Shirou in America). Their lives now are borrowed from the MW they ve created. In the end they decided to stop altering their fates => they die => MW destroyed => Yui die(d) as a child.

Btw I like this ending more than the movie's. Movie ends cliche and illogical like hell >_>
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

When you watch everything, it gives the impression that Kanzaki cheats and has rewound time a bunch of times to in order to get the outcome he wants.

It is theorised that the TV series is the last such outcome, where Yui makes him see the futility of it all. He then rewinds time to before the war like he had in the past, but removes his existence as well and thus the mirror world doesn't exist this round.

If you go to TV tropes page on Ryuki, there is some good stuff there that helps explain what I said better.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kind of like the two endings for 13 Riders.

I actually hadn't heard that theory before. It'd be interesting to think that maybe the different endings are all connected in some way. I just figured they were separate non-canon endings because that's how Toei does things.

I'm glad I have this avatar for this conversation.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Well, that's the one I like. Based on the fact that in series Odin reboots time once, it makes me think that it had happened multiple times. That way both endings of 13 Riders, Episode Final and then the series occur.

One particular reasoning that people think this happened is because Shinji was never supposed to be a Rider, yet his presence kept screwing up Kanzaki's plans. Was it in 13 Riders he gets attacked and old Ryuki saves him? Like maybe Kanzaki was trying to off him, but it didn't happen. It was also like how he wasn't completely affected by the memory erasure of the Time Vent.

But as I said, this is just the wild mass guessing that I have accumulated over the years. Long story short to answer the initial question was that it was just a reset button on the world without the mirror world, so no rider war.

Kinda sad that after all that, Ren and Shinji don't remember each other. Kinda a bummer despite the fact they both aren't dead.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, what I like about the canonical use of the Time Vent was that it was completely frivolous to the viewer. Wasn't it just to fix a painting that Yui ruined or something?

The more I think about it, the less the "all the stories are just Odin messing with the timeline" seems to make sense. I'm sure there's a lot of things just couldn't coexist if all the stories were taken to be branch offs of each other.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

squashy wrote:Btw I like this ending more than the movie's. Movie ends cliche and illogical like hell >_>
Maybe a bit cliche but, what's bad about it?
Spoiler
Shinji and Ren go off fighting together; good chance they get killed? Oh, probably. But they're going out like Bros, like partners and I'd say that's better than "Screw you, Shinji!" or "lalalala, this no count"
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

I just personally dislike the kind of ending where the heroes, like, fist pound, say some epic lines and then rush into battle shouting screaming etc ... It feels rather lame and overdramaticalized, to me.

I also have a previous bad impression: ryuga got beaten. Seriouly, what the hell? Throughout the fight he's superior, and then "Director strikes you!". After that I "Hey whatever, but this stuff die spiritually to me". Or smth like that.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
NeoSef
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ryuki
Dreamy: Yuzuki Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Spaaaace!
Quote: 'Now we're living on the edge, more like living on a prayer!'

Post by NeoSef »

Yeah I don't really like the whole riding into battle and knowing you're gonna die thing either, personally I really liked the TV ending.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”