Poll: What's your opinion of Keitai Sousakan 7?

555 Henshin, 777 big win!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆ I'd give it 7 stars if possible
86%
☆☆☆☆ Angel Keitai
No votes
☆☆☆ Keitai-hen da taihen da
14%
☆☆ Devil Keitai
No votes
☆ Cell phones ARE for throwing
No votes

Total votes: 7

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Poll: What's your opinion of Keitai Sousakan 7?

Post by takenoko » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:56 am

Master Poll Link

Wiki Link

Images

I really loved this series. Quirky and fun. A mix of drama, comedy, and sci-fi. The cellphone characters are adorable. But that didn't mean there weren't some real heart tugging episodes too. This was also done a year into the new TV-Nihon as a group, so we were starting to find our own new identity separate from our past. We also introduced new QC standards around this time, I believe.

Thanks to Azazel for getting the Blu-rays and giving the series a new HD life and handling the job mostly on his own. It certainly deserves the revisit.

Like episode 17 (the one with World War II and time travel) is legitimately one of my favorite episodes done when working with this group.

5 stars from me! Poll closes in a month on September 1st.

XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2ndFavoriteSeries: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Keitai Sousakan 7?

Post by XIII » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:30 am

I loved this show when it came out, one of the few shows I actively watched when they came out. It wasnt long after this show or during it that I joined the group, I cant remember as it was many years ago. The show was quirky and fun, it had many ups and a few downs and a couple of WTF eps. But that just adds to its charm. By the end, it really knew how to tug the strings to get the response it needed to be. The ending was so impactful and great, its a shame more shows cant be like this.

It only felt right to spend the time and money to give this show the HD treatment it deserved. I only wish we could have done this sooner, but when you work on a project by yourself for the most part, it can be quite time consuming. I am happy with the end result and being able to deliver the full remaster quickly instead of dragging it out. I learnt my lessons from the 555 remaster project. I hope that any future revisit projects I do earn the same amount of respect and care that they deserve.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Ashki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:50 pm

I think the only thing I didn't like about this series was that it seemed to be completely closed off from a sequel. Still, with enough imagination, I'm sure a way could be found to make one. The webisodes were interesting, and KS7 remains one of my favourite toku series to this day. I'm really glad we get a remaster, as the show is such a welcome change from the usual armoured-heroes-fighting-monsters format toku is mostly known for.
Fave series so far
KR: *brain explodes*
SS: probably GoRanger or ToQGer
UM: Nexus
Other Toku: (undecided, possibly the Shinigami no Ballad live action)

Least fave so far
KR: Drive
SS: Maskman
UM: (like all so far)
Other Toku: (undecided)

Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:45 pm

I agree with the pick on the front page. I do believe it is underrated. 5 on 5
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

phantomsdaydreams
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by phantomsdaydreams » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:45 pm

I literally created an account to say how grateful I am to all of the people who worked on this project for the benefit of the public at large. I'm a long-time fan of the site and your releases, but I just recently discovered this series thanks to the remaster and couldn't have been more pleased with the show. It easily one of the best toku series I've watched and from me to you and all the others involved, sincerely, thank you. It got me through a tough time in my life. Please don't stop being your awesome selves and taking up weird shows like this one. You'll be pleasing this guy here, at least. :)

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Thanks! I'm glad people are enjoying our work on this little show we did. Glad to have a fan like you around. Please hang out and talk more.

Return to “Keitai Sousakan 7”