Poll: What's your opinion of Keitai Sousakan 7?

555 Henshin, 777 big win!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆ I'd give it 7 stars if possible
86%
☆☆☆☆ Angel Keitai
No votes
☆☆☆ Keitai-hen da taihen da
14%
☆☆ Devil Keitai
No votes
☆ Cell phones ARE for throwing
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Poll: What's your opinion of Keitai Sousakan 7?

Post by takenoko »

Master Poll Link

Wiki Link

Images

I really loved this series. Quirky and fun. A mix of drama, comedy, and sci-fi. The cellphone characters are adorable. But that didn't mean there weren't some real heart tugging episodes too. This was also done a year into the new TV-Nihon as a group, so we were starting to find our own new identity separate from our past. We also introduced new QC standards around this time, I believe.

Thanks to Azazel for getting the Blu-rays and giving the series a new HD life and handling the job mostly on his own. It certainly deserves the revisit.

Like episode 17 (the one with World War II and time travel) is legitimately one of my favorite episodes done when working with this group.

5 stars from me! Poll closes in a month on September 1st.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Keitai Sousakan 7?

Post by XIII »

I loved this show when it came out, one of the few shows I actively watched when they came out. It wasnt long after this show or during it that I joined the group, I cant remember as it was many years ago. The show was quirky and fun, it had many ups and a few downs and a couple of WTF eps. But that just adds to its charm. By the end, it really knew how to tug the strings to get the response it needed to be. The ending was so impactful and great, its a shame more shows cant be like this.

It only felt right to spend the time and money to give this show the HD treatment it deserved. I only wish we could have done this sooner, but when you work on a project by yourself for the most part, it can be quite time consuming. I am happy with the end result and being able to deliver the full remaster quickly instead of dragging it out. I learnt my lessons from the 555 remaster project. I hope that any future revisit projects I do earn the same amount of respect and care that they deserve.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I think the only thing I didn't like about this series was that it seemed to be completely closed off from a sequel. Still, with enough imagination, I'm sure a way could be found to make one. The webisodes were interesting, and KS7 remains one of my favourite toku series to this day. I'm really glad we get a remaster, as the show is such a welcome change from the usual armoured-heroes-fighting-monsters format toku is mostly known for.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I agree with the pick on the front page. I do believe it is underrated. 5 on 5
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
phantomsdaydreams
Number 6
Number 6

Post by phantomsdaydreams »

I literally created an account to say how grateful I am to all of the people who worked on this project for the benefit of the public at large. I'm a long-time fan of the site and your releases, but I just recently discovered this series thanks to the remaster and couldn't have been more pleased with the show. It easily one of the best toku series I've watched and from me to you and all the others involved, sincerely, thank you. It got me through a tough time in my life. Please don't stop being your awesome selves and taking up weird shows like this one. You'll be pleasing this guy here, at least. :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks! I'm glad people are enjoying our work on this little show we did. Glad to have a fan like you around. Please hang out and talk more.
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

I barely come to the site due to extreme time constraint caused by work and recently, in a rare case of free time, I came here again to see on what series you guys were working on. And then I see the bluray remaster. Really can't thank you guys enough for remastering such an awesome series: it's for sure one of my favourite toku, my favourite on all the TvNihon series. It has such wonderfully written, dynamic characters and the story never ceases to be connected to the reality of things even if it's a ten years old show. I have to say I absolutely adored how they treated the Phone Braver characters: they are really full fledged characters, with unique personalities and character development. Not to mention the actors really interact with them in a way that raises the bar of the suspension of disbelief, making the show flowing in a very smooth manner. The viewer really can't help but feel for every character. I really would have liked to know more about Magira, he remained a very misterious character until the end. Hassei Takano was really a good choice and really excel in portraying such a character, with his shifting behaviour and those bursts of violence, buut, overall, all the cast is really amazing. Like Kanji Tsuda, which is able to portray his character and leave a lasting impression with such low screentime. Well, I could talk for hours about the show so I'll stop here. Thanks to you guys to make such a masterpiece being able to be seen in a new and more refined form, it's really helping cheering me up during a very hard period. Thanks again!
P.s.: Oh, if I could have been able to participate to the poll I would have chosen the "I'd give it 7 stars if possible"! Such an underrated, awesome show!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cool! I'm always glad to see people liking our old stuff. I can't believe Keitai was over 10 years ago now. The main actor is a pretty legit actor in a bunch of stuff. I think his newest thing is the sequel to Tokyo Ghoul. Kind of crazy.
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:58 am Cool! I'm always glad to see people liking our old stuff. I can't believe Keitai was over 10 years ago now. The main actor is a pretty legit actor in a bunch of stuff. I think his newest thing is the sequel to Tokyo Ghoul. Kind of crazy.
Ah, I too was extremely surprised how his career really went so well. I kind of expected it, due to being a fan of hisa and of his great acting but I feared that he would be typecasted in a similar role. This seemed to be the case due to his involvement and role in Dogu-chan but thankfully it was just another work on his joblist. I remember really jumping on my seat when I saw him in Ruroni Kenshin: a very small role but of great importance. And the, browsing wikipedia, I really was more than surprised when I read that he was cast as Light Yagami in Death Note! And, yeah, as you said, even as the main character of Tokyo Ghoul, Ken Kaneki. Quite the achievement, due to being radically different characters and extremely important roles due to the popularity of such works. I'm really happy for him. But yeah, KS7 is always a delight to see. It was awesome the first time because of its great qualities but also because, being one of my first TVN and toku shows, it exposed me to a lot of great actors and actresses that then I began to recognize in a myriad of other works. Having not seen much dramas outside of the TVN ones, I can just talk about the toku shows I've seen but when it happens it's like meeting an old friend after so much time. Thanks again for this remaster guys, it really is a blessing and sparked my interest for toku again. Due to my limited time I can't tackle long series anymore and it pains me: really wanted to catch up with Garo but the series of that franchise keep piling up! I'm glad for it's success but it's a pain for someone like me to really even start to catch up even just in regard to the original story :oops: At the same time, something more on a lighter note could be better so I'll try to take a look at Ryusoulger soon, just to see if I'm able to see a sentai series from start to finish after so much time.

Return to “Keitai Sousakan 7”