555 Henshin, 777 big win!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: Keitai 20 released

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I don't think this drama was even a serious drama to start with.

Surely, it have some serious theme but overall, the drama isn't serious. A walking cellphone? A ep where everyone pretends to be under attack from UFO? Devil vs angel urban legend, and especially this ep? It's just enough that I can't take it seriously anymore. Not that I am saying it's a bad thing. It's sort of like Cutie Honey where people dies but it's still more comedy show rather than one like Garo.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

The manly otoko was awesome! Always there. Technically speaking, isn't that lady a cougar?

dkmagby88
Adventure
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Jetman
Dreamy: Asami Tatsuya
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Competitive Pokemon

Post by dkmagby88 »

I'm not sure if you can pick out everything about this episode. I think the two episodes by themselves are interesting and I understand people's frustration who want to get on with the main plot line and such. But the story is about Keita and his coming-of-age...not just the keitai plotline. I mean you should realize that the last twenty episodes have really focused more on Keita and his growing up rather than anything else behind the main storyline.

I think Oshichi is probably something supernatural as is the man. I mean their actions are supernatural...so it's only natural to assume that they are some type of supernatural beings. Maybe the man represents what Keita wants to be. You see he's afraid of growing up and being a "man" and that's why he's afraid of the guy and his attitude. But he listens to the guy's advice and truly wants the same things (i.e. a relationship with woman).

And was that a crew member giving Keita the paint bucket in the end? Talk about breaking the fourth wall.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Huh? I don't remember bad cimetography of Keita being given a tin of red paint or something. I need to watch the 'GiTS' episodes again, soon.

But anyway, your message does give a point about Keita's coming-of-age story being a central plot and the keitai placing in secondary position sometimes. It's just that some of the members from the TV-N forums had only had a little or no exposure of watching Oshii's works, which I like to call the term 'Ghost in the Shell' Syndrome or 'GiTS'-Syndrome.

It's where the Avalon and GiTS philosophy will hurt your brain more than your eyes actually do and requires a lot of open mind and your intelletual (academic is not optional, but it is nice) thought, when you analyse the whole picture together. It's like writing a contextual study of a painting by a famous artist of something.
One of Manyy
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Akihabara@DEEP
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi
Favorite Band: Blue Man Group
My boom: Modified Fireworks

Post by One of Manyy »

Sho-saka wrote: Welcome to the World of Oshii Mamoru, where the Ghost in the Shell philosophy will hurt your brain more than your eyes are, while watching a marathon of the two movies (original and Innocence) and the two Stand Alone Complex TV serieses, as well as the OVA. Just be glad that he only directs the two episodes.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was confusing as some people have said before, but it did leave me with a bittersweet aftertaste, as Keita had said his farewell to what was his only 'companion' cum crazy GiTS-syndrome ex-actress. Not sure what was the point of this also crazy man.
Oshii Mamoru only directed the two movies. He was not involved in SAC. And if you think those hurt, read the second GitS manga, Man/Machine Interface.
"Today? Today I watch the farmers gather rice. Tomorrow, I will watch the farmers gather rice. Boring, perhaps, but preferable to actually gathering the rice every day."
--Fuzuke Sekkou
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Really? I didn't know that. :?
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I saw several ep of Ghost in the Shell and first movie.

It's just...a boring and depressing series to me. I guess because I didn't see it from the beginning, there seems to be no plot to follow or whatsoever.

He needs to stay out of Keitai 7. :P
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai

Return to “Keitai Sousakan 7”