Wiki Link
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Keitai Sousakan 7 45 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Here it is ladies and gentlemen! The final and most anticipated episode of Keitai Sousakan 7!

Will all of Anchor be put in prison? Will Magira come to his senses? Is there a force great enough to stop the evolution of Gene?

Spoiler
Kinda not thrilled with the ending. I was hoping for something better than the same sorta deal Kamen Rider does. The whole "Only another of the same is my biggest enemy!" gets old. I mean anchor has communicated with a person in the past, and was also investigating a situation with missing people/ghosts (which never got real closure); but after all that we get (to me) an unsatisfactory ending that more or less plays on "the power of love."

I was really hoping that somehow, someway we'd see some of the stuff from episodes 17 & 18 incorporated. The least they could've done is used the jammer from 17 to slowdown / aid in stopping Gene.

I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Keitai Sousakan 7 Saigo!

Post by takenoko »

I kind of felt like after spending a year to learn to be each other's buddies, it didn't make sense to end the series by killing off all the Phone Bravers

Plus there were just a lot of bad scenes in this. I didn't like seeing Keita always on the verge of tears or mouth gaping open as people around him died to this apocalyptic menace. Nor did I enjoy Magira's over the top clownish villainy, which was just more obnoxious than anything else.

And it didn't even really seem like they truly confronted Magira. Kirihara punched him once, Keita picked him up and threw him to the ground. That's it? It just seems like the later half of Keitai was full of cheap drama moments with character deaths, villains didn't really seem to be punished for their crimes, and endings that don't fully cover the consequences of what happened.

So the world nearly ended. Instead of showing what happened as a consequence, we see them in HQ and then we see them in school
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If I had to argue why the Phone Bravers had to die, it's because death is the final step for becoming truly human. Everything dies right so an AI that couldn't die isn't really human.

Magira in a way had already lost as his dream was basically shattered by Seven's sacrifice to kill off Gene forever. Beating him up further was just would been pointless especially the whole thing with violence.

I think the series in a way shows that the world will be always cruel especially when the people causing injustice don't get punished.

It was a fun ride but been better without episodes 19 and 20.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

19&20 were good episodes. :p Possibly my second favorite set. It's a real life lesson. Think about it.

17&18 were the best though.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
pusangnegro
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by pusangnegro »

If keitai is done, then what's this? It looks like a sequel of some sort
Check the rules, you shouldn't be posting videos like that
-take
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

The scene with Keita grabbing Magira toward the end was way too over dramatic.

I did like the use of a Ringu (The Ring) type way of killing off humanity, and actually the whole deal with Gene reminds me of the Ringu novel series. For those who have seen the movies but not read the novels, it's actually a lot more complicated than the movies make it. This episode really reminded me of the Ringu novels, especially toward the end.
ImageImage
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

Well, I liked it.
Good series overall.
kamenzero
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akihabara@deep
Dreamy: Maya sama
Favorite Actor?: yuuki sato
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: J-Dramas

Post by kamenzero »

lol, if there is one thing that keitai sousakan 7 taught me, is that never watch TV when the ring is showing.
Spoiler
You never know if its a subliminal message to tell your brain to stop!

also I want to confirm whether if this is true? :
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/k-tai7/news/index.html
all I understood from there was the date which is friday april 17
Which are you?:
Fuuzu no michi o iki, fuuzu ni ikiteru
Tadano Hito
or
Aitou no michi o iki, tsubete wo aishiteru no yaro
Ero Oyaji
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that's the video the guy earlier posted. Next apparently is a side story that is coming out over the Net. I'll try to get raws, but I think it might be best to just wait for the DVD to come out
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

Wow, I am super disappointed with this ending. Everything felt so cliche and done before. Thats kind of sad for a series that had so many other great moments. Oh well, I suppose. Thanks TVN for another graet completed series.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
pokute
Infinity

Post by pokute »

You guys did a great job with KS7! I enjoyed this show tremendously!
Sonic Convoy
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Sonic Convoy »

I just finished watching the last ep and to say I cried when 7 died is an epic understatement. I will miss this show tremendously.
bakawaltz
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by bakawaltz »

This was an excellent ending to an excellent series. I'm really gonna miss Keitai Sousakan 7. </3
I loved every episode of it.
~'Hen[fu]sion' ~
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

A good ending to a excellent series, it was kinda disappointing that after watching both Keita & Seven grow close to each other they decided to kill off all the Phone Bravers, plus we got more of Keita just running around being useless in stead of trying to fight Gene. I was finally getting used to confident Keita then the writer's make him revert to how he was in the early part of the series kinda of a missed opportunity their for him to finally confront Magira, especially after all he's done to Keita. I really got a kick out of Gene pulling a Skynet and using j-horror to kill people off instead of nukes.

Anyway it was an excellent series a nice refreshing change from the norm, with some really well developed episodes and characters, hell they even got a big name director to do episodes 19 & 20, definitely sad to see it the seires end it was a fun watch and I am really glad TV Nihon decided to sub it.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Oh man, I'm seriously going to miss Keitai 7 after the ending, though it was a bit cliche, but still...

Spoiler
I'm feeling a little bit angry, but hugely sad that all Phone Bravers sacrifice themselves to save Keita, Kirihara and the humanity of Japan the world, but I guess death is part of being human after all. I would have love to see them more in a spin-off series or something in the future...

And a few nitpicks; Magira not getting his just deserved punishment, Keita not being manly enough to punch him in the face (though I can understand him, since Seven's death overwhelmed him more than quickly punish him) and a few plot holes that has been left unresolved.

But other than that, thanks TV-N for subbing this unique experience from Kamen Riders beating human-sized monsters up and Themed-Sentai Rangers fighting some monster's organisation with power-up weapons and giant-sized robots. I shall never forget this.

Return to “Keitai Sousakan 7”