William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Re: Live-Action Anime/Manga Movies

Post by William_Duel »

I'm sorry but this kind of pisses me off. For like the last decade or so, the American movie industry has entered this remake mindset. "Hey we've run out of good ideas frankly. Anything that seems remotely original to us turns out to be a flop, so let's just remake everything." Movies you don't even think are remakes, are. How many movies coming out right now are Korean movie remakes? How many horror movies are Japanese/Korean remakes? How many movies are remakes of just plain old movies that were once good? When they do come up with an original idea we get crap like Jumper. Not every movie is bad, but I'd like something original every once in awhile.
Soldat Veritas
arandomthought
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Engine sentia go-ong
Favorite Band: Korn
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai

Re: Live-Action Anime/Manga Movies

Post by arandomthought »

William_Duel wrote:I'm sorry but this kind of pisses me off. For like the last decade or so, the American movie industry has entered this remake mindset. "Hey we've run out of good ideas frankly. Anything that seems remotely original to us turns out to be a flop, so let's just remake everything." Movies you don't even think are remakes, are. How many movies coming out right now are Korean movie remakes? How many horror movies are Japanese/Korean remakes? How many movies are remakes of just plain old movies that were once good? When they do come up with an original idea we get crap like Jumper. Not every movie is bad, but I'd like something original every once in awhile.
If you're looking for good original movies look towards dtv movies. Most are better then the hollywood crap we're getting.

As for anime to film, It pisses me off that Tobi Mcguire plans to direct and star in the robotech film(learned this through wizard magazine). I am happy that keanu reeves is Spike, seems like a good fit to me.

Dragonball looks like a joke.

Casshern was great though.

Any news on when blood the last vampire is coming out?
My first sig, pm if too big.

Return to “Entertainments”