Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Re: Live-Action Anime/Manga Movies

Post by shadowneko003 »

So Piccolo's not green in the movie. Great. /sarcasm
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

^ and he's wearing black, ain't that the sweetest lol!, i'm betting the only thing that's dragonball in this movie is the kame hame wave lol!
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Prop making

Post by christopherjohn »

ryujin wrote:^ and he's wearing black, ain't that the sweetest lol!, i'm betting the only thing that's dragonball in this movie is the kame hame wave lol!
You sure about that. We might not even get that lol. At least Goku is dressing right.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P

Post by ryujin »

^ well Gokou's trademark move is the kamehameha, if there's none of that here (you know, all that eyecandy out of this world blasting each other to pieces stuff) ... then we're screwed :P
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I dunno, he looks scary and badass not being so green...at least to me.

I am looking forward to "The Last Airbender" movies although. I get the vibe that's similiar to Lord of the Ring or Star Wars. That it could be huge if done right.

Remake of Death Note...eh, I dunno, I guess it depends on who they pick and how it was written.

No idea if I will buy Japanese version of Death Note, since I hate Viz. Too bad they own some of my favorite manga/anime and whatever else.

It's just...why do US have to remake everything made in other countries? :P I understand the difference in cultures. But if it's language issue, then I feel that it's just laziness part from Americans.

Or is it that subtitles/captioning does really kill?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Its that us Americans suck at coming up with Ideas so we steal them and throw them into a blender without a lid on and we push that damn button that just ruins the original product and we just get a subpar version of this. Case and point taking a 60 year old comic book character and giving him a freash new revamp in order for a movie to work.
Mogambo
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Wakana-sama
Favorite Actor?: Alain Delon
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Muggles
Quote: "Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to" Spacemen 3

Post by Mogambo »

Man, I was going to go watch the DBZ flick just to amuse myself.... but now I changed my mind! It looks horrible and its full of fucking well white people!

Piccolo should be green, in this he looks like a refugee from "Alien Nation"... and what's up with Chow Yun Fat's new career as Hollywood's token Asian? That sucks!

Anyway, I don't need this modern flim-flam, I have the *original* live action version!

Has anyone else experienced the delights of the late '80s/early '90s film starring Ruby Tse as "Monkey Boy"? If not, check it out immediately! It's so bad it's brilliant, and the dubbing and translation are all done by folks who don't know DBZ's English translation names etc.

I just looked on IMDB where it's listed as "Xin qi long zhu" (1989) and apparently it's available on DVD. I own it on VHS and I have neither a VCR nor a TV, so the only way I could watch it now is to go over to a friend's house and be like "Hey, wanna watch an amazing movie...?"
Destroy All Rational Thought [William S. Burroughs]
SilverSayian
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
2nd Favorite Series: Densha Otoko
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Yong Bosch
Favorite Band: at present Eyeshine
My boom: Time Travel

Post by SilverSayian »

Goku Oozuru???

christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

LMAO...... Seriously I heard its only gonna be 7 feet. But that doesn't look nothing like a monkey. I guess when freeza comes along he's gonna be like those damn dirty vampire looking thingamagigs.

Mod Edit: Remove the image tags when quoting. - SK
SilverSayian
Infinity

Post by SilverSayian »

christopherjohn wrote:
LMAO...... Seriously I heard its only gonna be 7 feet. But that doesn't look nothing like a monkey. I guess when freeza comes along he's gonna be like those damn dirty vampire looking thingamagigs.

Mod Edit: Remove the image tags when quoting. - SK
it's actually 8-9 feet tall
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Okay, that's the last straw. No matter what they do with this movie, it's going to suck.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I wanna see it for the lulz.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
SilverSayian
Infinity

Post by SilverSayian »

Steven Spielberg, Will Smith Discuss Remake of Oldboy

Chan Wook-park adapted original film from Japanese psychological thriller manga

The Variety entertainment trade news source reports that famed director Steven Spielberg (Saving Private Ryan
, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws) and action star Will Smith (Independence Day, I Am Legend, Men in Black) are dicussing a possible collaboration to remake Chan-wook Park's 2003 Oldboy film. Park himself had adapted his film from Garon Tsuchiya and Nobuaki Minegishi's award-winning manga about a man who was imprisoned for over a decade and now hunts down his mysterious former kidnappers to take revenge. Universal Pictures had originally optioned the remake project, but the project has since found a new home at Mandate Pictures. Spielberg is reportedly still looking for a writer, and hopes to have Smith play the main character.

Dark Horse Comics published the manga in North America from 2006 to 2007, and the manga won an Eisner Award for Best U.S. Edition of International Material - Japan in 2007.

Update: Variety reported last April that Spielberg's enthusiasm for a remake of Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell cyber-police manga was a pivotal reason why the manga's publisher (Kodansha) chose to work with Spielberg's DreamWorks company on this other remake project. The Hollywood Reporter newspaper noted last week that the Ghost in the Shell remake project remains at DreamWorks despite DreamWorks' corporate separation from its longtime distributor, Paramount Pictures. Paramount would still have the option to co-finance and co-distribute the Ghost in the Shell remake if it goes forward.
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Saejima Kouga wrote:I wanna see it for the lulz.
Me too.
SilverSayian
Infinity

Post by SilverSayian »

DiCaprio is Producing Akira, Ninja Scroll, Not Acting in Them

Self-professed "big fan of anime" says final Akira script draft is being written

Movie star and producer Leonardo DiCaprio (Titanic, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, The Aviator) Told MTV's Splash Page that his Appian Way production company
is waiting for the final script draft for the live-action film version of Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira manga. He added, "I'm a big fan of Japanese anime — that and another project called Ninja Scroll we're trying to get developed and made into a movie, and I know there a lot of loyal fans out there of the project and die-hard fans, so we're going to try to do the best job we possibly can and we're not going to make the movie until the script is in the right shape." He also emphasized that he is producing in these two projects, and that he does "not really" have any interest in acting in them.

The Variety entertainment news source reported in February that Warner Brothers and Appian Way had re-licensed the rights to remake Akira from the manga publisher Kodansha. The two companies originally planned to make two films, each of which would cover three volumes of the renowned science-fiction manga about a governmental genetic project and a teenager's attempt to save a fellow biker gang member. Otomo himself directed a popular 1988 anime film based on his own manga. Variety also reported last month that Warner Brothers and Appian Way had licensed the rights to adapt Yoshiaki Kawajiri's Ninja Scroll action anime film from the Madhouse anime studio.

Return to “Entertainments”