Kamen Rider Music - Too Expensive, Please Help

Because otaku can't live only on anime, toku, and jdrama
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Kamen Rider Music - Too Expensive, Please Help

Post by erikhol »

Hi. I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a more ecenomical way to buy Kamen Rider music. (Besides, you know, downloading them off the net)

See, I want to get two Kamen Rider songs, from Kamen Rider W, of "W-B-X W Boiled Extreme" and "Cyclone Effect".

But the only way to buy those songs are getting the Single CDs, which cost $15 each!

What I'm asking -- are there any editions of Kamen Rider W music collected onto a single disk.

The only one I've found is this, The Complete CD Box Set: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/redirect/rcmd. ... 849&from=d

It costs nearly a $100!

Is there any other cheaper collection of the KR W music. (Like, for instance, the main theme song and 3 or 4 other tracks.)

I don't know where else to look. What I don't get is why it works differently with the Super Sentai music - where you can get 10 different songs, or more (depending on how long the series has been on), for around $30.

Why are Kamen Rider songs sold only as singles - and not as a more complete collection. (And even that $100 complete collection is for a limited distribution run) I just want, like, the first two songs of the series - the opening and the first insert song. Why aren't there more affordable options, letting you get at least a few of the songs, instead of nothing but singles and a 6-Disk complete edition.

(Sorry, sorry, I sort of ranted.) But if anyone has any knowlege about this - please post. Thank you very much.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider Music - Too Expensive, Please Help

Post by Lunagel »

Nope, those are the only two CDs. Japan has huge markup for stuff like CDs and DVDs, a normal 12 track CD runs around 30 dollars while a DVD in the realm of 30-40. It sucks, but nothing you can do about it.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

Huhhhh... I just thought about it more - and I looked on Amazon.jp. There is some hope - but I'll have to wait until the next Kamen Rider (which is, what, coming out next week - or already out)

I just looked at Kamen Rider Decade single (Journey Through the Decade) - and found it selling used for 300 to 900 Yen. (That is a dramatic drop in price).

OK - That works better for me, seeing as I can wait for more time for W's series to pass - and those two single song CD should be selling used at a cheaper price... eventually.

It still sucks that they are all single-CDs, but at least this puts them in my price range again.

AND - in case anyone wants to know, I would have to order such things through a serivce like Yokatta - a place I recently found out about that orders things for you, collects them into one shipment, and then sends them to you from Japan. So buying from a Japanese-Exclusive website like Amazon.jp becomes accessable. Soooo.... I'll probably wait, until those CDs sell for used cheaper - and then combined them into a single order.

I'd still like to know wether there is any less confusing way to get KR music cheaper, so the question is still out on that. But I think, for the most part, I answered my own question.

Thank you for any responses anyway
rocketcat
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: "We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Post by rocketcat »

Have you tried YesAsia.com? Sometimes I get lucky there and they are having a sale, and there is no middle man (shopping service) - they will ship straight to you. Sometimes it's even free (but of course the trade off is that it's really slow).
COMPLETED
Kamen Rider - Decade, OOO
Sentai - Dekaranger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
IN PROGRESS
Kamen Rider - Fourze, Kuuga
Sentai - Boukenger, Gaoranger, Zyuranger, Megaranger

Return to “Entertainments”