Batman VS Two-Face (Adam West's swan song as 60's Batman)

All them talking pictures
TypicalStandUser
Train man
Favorite series: Amazons
2ndFavoriteSeries: GoBusters
Dreamy: Anri Okita
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Handbrake
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Batman VS Two-Face (Adam West's swan song as 60's Batman)

Post by TypicalStandUser » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm

The new DC Animated Series movie out now on the usual webstreaming sites while it'll go on home video next week.

As is public knowledge and/or Family Guy notifying people of a certain Quahog mayor's status, this animated movie is Adam West's last time playing Batman. Fortunately, he already did his voicework for the movie a year ago. Of the original 1960's TV cast, Burt Ward (Dick/Robin) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman) return to reprise their famous roles with Lee Merriwether as someone else.

It's good, however the third act plays much like a part of Arkham Knight's climax with a resolution similar to it, but it's not widespread. And for those expecting the movie to be yet another self-depreciation of the Batman franchise, it took an ironic turn. Kinda disappointed but eh.

Bill Shatner, voicing a Harvey Dent with the looks of Star Trek : TOS' Capt. Kirk, has exceeded my expectations as the coin-tossing supervillain Two-Face. It doesn't top Aaron Eckhart or even Troy Baker, but Shatner's great.

Only two characters from the later editions of the franchise make it here: Hugo Strange and Harleen Quinzel (Not Harley Quinn).

If you want more Batman without Zack Snyder, this may be it. And rest well, Adam West.
"I didn't like the series." -lots of Kamen Rider fans on Reddit and/or Channel Awesome's Marzgurl and JoshKnight1st, about Amazons.
#2SeasonsandaMovie, B****es!

Return to “Movies”